Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Vlaar is first name on the sheet when fit, along with Guzan and Benteke.

Definitely, can't wait to see him and Okore get a good run together.

Indeed. Vlaar is a cracking player and Okore oozes potential.

And there's another straw to clutch!

Let me guess, 'coming from the person who had his first season ticket last year' is next up? Right? Right?

You really need to sort out your originality.

Getting boring now. Why don't you stop being hypocritical and jumping on people when they post their opinion.

And there's another straw to clutch!

Let me guess, 'coming from the person who had his first season ticket last year' is next up? Right? Right?

You really need to sort out your originality.

Getting boring now. Why don't you stop being hypocritical and jumping on people when they post their opinion.

Disappointing.

Watch him closely and you see why we are better with him, he constantly pushed the defense out and was organising them. a leader we need on the pitch. This is also wht PL needs to get experienced players in midfield too. its the concentration and organisation we need especially if things dont go to plan,

You don't think we lack quality in the rest of the team?

Probably not to the extent you think we do.

Haha you seem to want to argue for the sake of it. The stats you've just produced show how much the team struggles when vlaar is out the team. You've just proved it.

You don't think we lack quality in the rest of the team?

Probably not to the extent you think we do.

Haha you seem to want to argue for the sake of it. The stats you've just produced show how much the team struggles when vlaar is out the team. You've just proved it.

No I don't, I just don't agree with you on the extent to which the team lacks quality. The stats show that there is quality there, Vlaar is just the one that brings it all together it seems.

Edited by Mantis

I think Guzan, Vlaar, Delph, Gabby and Benteke are all very good Premier League players, the rest are not so if we are missing 2-3 of them we are pretty awful.

I think that's obvious. Didn't realise it was such a controversial view to have.

What stats show we have quality? A team with enough quality throughout would not struggle to the extent we do when missing 1 or 2 players.

Our record is pretty decent with Vlaar in the team. I think if we really lacked quality that much there wouldn't be such a big gap between results with him and without him. All I'd say is that he's probably the most important of our quality players, even over Benteke.

I think Guzan, Vlaar, Delph, Gabby and Benteke are all very good Premier League players, the rest are not so if we are missing 2-3 of them we are pretty awful.

I think that's obvious. Didn't realise it was such a controversial view to have.

I wouldn't put Delph in the very good category just yet!

I wouldn't put Delph in the very good category just yet!

Yeah maybe. Still think he can be a big miss when he's out.

I think if we really lacked quality that much there wouldn't be such a big gap between results with him and without him

So us being awful when a key player is missing is proof we have quality?

This discussions getting stupid. If you think the squad has plenty of quality in it then we'll leave it there.

I think if we really lacked quality that much there wouldn't be such a big gap between results with him and without him

So us being awful when a key player is missing is proof we have quality?

This discussions getting stupid. If you think the squad has plenty of quality in it then we'll leave it there.

That isn't what I said. Us being decent when a key player is there (a CB as well) is proof IMO that we have a bit more quality than some believe. It proves Vlaar is the most important of our quality players but that's about it.

I never said we have "plenty" of quality. It doesn't have to be black or white.

Not only is Vlaar a great player, the guy is a leader. Without leaders on the pitch we struggle as our team is so young. We have quality in our team but it takes more than that to be a great team.  Benteke the tailisman, Vlaar the leader at the back, Guzan the rock in goal and hopefully(new experienced midfielder) in the middle to hold it all together.  If we are missing two or more of them players then we will struggle as would most teams with an average age of 24!

• Like 1

Not only is Vlaar a great player, the guy is a leader. Without leaders on the pitch we struggle as our team is so young. We have quality in our team but it takes more than that to be a great team.  Benteke the tailisman, Vlaar the leader at the back, Guzan the rock in goal and hopefully(new experienced midfielder) in the middle to hold it all together.  If we are missing two or more of them players then we will struggle as would most teams with an average age of 24!

This pretty much sums it up for me. I think we lack leadership more than quality.

True he is a leader, maybe better than he is a player. Ive seen him at home games shouting and bollocking the backline to get into shape and mark certain players. I guess what I am trying to say is, the biggest thing we miss when he is out the squad is not his quality, its his leadership.

Certainly adds leadership to a young inexperienced side but its not lack of leadership when we see poor control, no movement off the ball or simple errors.

Delph and albrighton didn't miss great chances at the end because of a lack of leadership it was a lack of quality. Weimman isn't struggling because there's not a leader out there for him, he's struggling because most of the time he can't get the basics right. Tonev and Bowery won't suddenly turn into stars because of leaders on the pitch.

Vlaar has performed well for us this year and there's no doubt he's an important part of this squad. Hopefully with the addition of better players it won't be such a struggle when he does have periods out.

Edited by Big_John_10

Â