Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Most of these players have shown that they can play well. Unfortunately they can't seem to do it very often without Vlaar.

Vlaar played today and we still made simple mistakes and those players still showed a lack of quality.

Vlaars presence certainly helped us get the result but did it really improve the performances of our players that much?

Most of these players have shown that they can play well. Unfortunately they can't seem to do it very often without Vlaar.

Vlaar played today and we still made simple mistakes and those players still showed a lack of quality.

Vlaars presence certainly helped us get the result but did it really improve the performances of our players that much?

I never said they always play well with Vlaar there.

But yes, I think it improved our performance to a certain extent. I'm confident we would not have won today if Vlaar had not been playing for more reasons than the obvious.

Edited by Mantis

Hmm not really sure you can build anything on two injury prone centrebacks.

What? How is Okore injury prone?

Well we'll see won't we, first few months at a premier league club and gets a season long injury doesn't strike me as injury free. Obviously it could just be a very unlucky freak injury but not sure we can really talk about the two as something to build on when they are both seemingly injury prone and have only played together what 2-3 times?

Hmm not really sure you can build anything on two injury prone centrebacks.

What? How is Okore injury prone?

Well we'll see won't we, first few months at a premier league club and gets a season long injury doesn't strike me as injury free. Obviously it could just be a very unlucky freak injury but not sure we can really talk about the two as something to build on when they are both seemingly injury prone and have only played together what 2-3 times?

Injury prone means to get injured often. As far as I know he has no prior history of serious injury. Okore is not seemingly injury prone. I get the argument that Vlaar is injury prone but one bad injury does not make Okore injury prone.

Getting a cruciate injury is pure bad luck.

Yep. The only problem with them is that once you get one, there is always a chance of it reoccurring in the future if I'm not mistaken.

^ Not if you do your physio correctly and work hard for your comeback.

There's 'always' a chance, but in today's times it's a different story. The medical support these players get is so advanced now days, so that those 'chances' are very minimal.

Edited by Jay.P.A
  • Like 1

Â