Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Really highlights the serious lack of quality in this team when a decent enough player like Vlaar makes such a difference.

Not really. It highlights that Vlaar is a very good player and really important for us and that he is a cut above anything else we have in defence.

• Like 2

Really highlights the serious lack of quality in this team when a decent enough player like Vlaar makes such a difference.

Well we've had 1 probable first choice centre back injured for the season 2 years on the bounce now, I think think most clubs would struggle with having 2 out.

Is the Stefan moans at fans thread not open yet?

Does Vlaar make a difference to us? I think clearly he does and I think the fact that its like that highlights the quality we have.

Sorry for sharing an opinion that wasn't all singing and dancing to your standards. I'll await the next moment you allow criticism on this forum.

Does Vlaar make a difference to us? I think clearly he does and I think the fact that its like that highlights the quality we have.

Sorry for sharing an opinion that wasn't all singing and dancing to your standards. I'll await the next moment you allow criticism on this forum.

Haha, you're still clinging to that straw, I love it :D

Not really. It highlights that Vlaar is a very good player and really important for us and that he is a cut above anything else we have in defence.

I think very good player is a bit much. So you're saying we don't lack quality?

Well we've had 1 probable first choice centre back injured for the season 2 years on the bounce now, I think think most clubs would struggle with having 2 out.

To the extent we do?

Haha, you're still clinging to that straw, I love it :D

That's great.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that he isn't a very good player for us.

We do lack it in defence with Vlaar and Okore out. I never denied that.

Edited by Mantis

It's no coincidence that we look a much more solid side with Vlaar at the back. He might not be an incredible centre half, but we seem a hell of a lot more organised in defence with him back. It's not just his playing that we benefit from either, I think that whoever partners him at CB has a better game. I thought Baker did okay today next to Vlaar, and it's very much the same when Clark plays next to him. He brings out the best in our other CBs, probably because they can feel more relaxed with a more experienced head next to them. That's what makes a team, players benefiting from the presence of other players. Glad to have him back

• Like 1

I think very good player for us at the moment and being a very good player are different. I'd agree he's currently a very good player for us. If you don't deny we lack quality then we're in agreement.

Why can't you just comment on Vlaar rather than having to turn it into a negative?

Simple enough question.

Haha from the man in a match thread who posted more mocking posters than commenting on the match.

I'll post my opinion on the thread how I like but thanks for caring.

And there's another straw to clutch! 

Let me guess, 'coming from the person who had his first season ticket last year' is next up? Right? Right?

You really need to sort out your originality.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I think very good player for us at the moment and being a very good player are different. I'd agree he's currently a very good player for us. If you don't deny we lack quality then we're in agreement.

I disagree. I think he's more than just a "decent" player.

Well no exactly. You used Vlaar to emphasise a supposed lack of quality in the team but I think it's only the case with the defence and even then I think it could improve once Okore is back.

Just quickly did this in Excel. Just league games. Can't say I'm surprised with any of this.

Clipboard01-1.jpg

Also, 33.33% win ratio with Vlaar and 12.5% without.

Over the course of the season this all amounts to just under 48 points with Vlaar. Without - 24.

Cheers for that.

I disagree. I think he's more than just a "decent" player.

Well no exactly. You used Vlaar to emphasise a supposed lack of quality in the team but I think it's only the case with the defence and even then I think it could improve once Okore is back.

You don't think we lack quality in the rest of the team?

Â