Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Because Lowton is a tried and failed option at CB perhaps and it isn't even his natural position? For some reactionaries on here, there never will be a right time to play youngsters like Donacien though. 

Maybe we should wait and see.

Tried and failed? He's played how many games there?

PS. he played well there today  :hooray:

Reactionaries? Get over yourself. You're criticising Lambert for not playing a youth player in a wholly inappropriate situation. 

• Like 2

Lambert's youth policy is being attacked now? I've seen it all. What else shall we criticize him for next? Unbelievable. 

Remind me which of our youth players he has handed a league-debut to since he has been here? 

What good did it do Byfield, Delfouneso, the Moore's, who made their debut young and thought they had made it. We don't want them thinking they are superstars. I remember when Ridgewell was young and I saw him arriving at VP in a really posh car, pathetic for a player who had played a handful of games.

• Like 1

Lambert's youth policy is being attacked now? I've seen it all. What else shall we criticize him for next? Unbelievable. 

Remind me which of our youth players he has handed a league-debut to since he has been here? 

He's given plenty of youngsters their debuts in the League Cup and given contracts to them as well. There is a time and a place to give kids their debuts its not away at Sunderland when we haven't won in weeks and are holding on for 3 points. 

What good did it do Byfield, Delfouneso, the Moore's, who made their debut young and thought they had made it. We don't want them thinking they are superstars. I remember when Ridgewell was young and I saw him arriving at VP in a really posh car, pathetic for a player who had played a handful of games.

If that isn't reactionary, I don't know what is. Don't play them because they *might* get ahead of themselves and may even buy a flash car. 

Because Lowton is a tried and failed option at CB perhaps and it isn't even his natural position? For some reactionaries on here, there never will be a right time to play youngsters like Donacien though. 

Think I'll trust the man who sees him everyday in training and not some keyboard warrior.  Lowtons positioning was spot on when he switched to centre back.

• Like 3

If that isn't reactionary, I don't know what is. Don't play them because they *might* get ahead of themselves and may even buy a flash car. 

I'd argue that 'reactionary' is slating the manager for clearly making the correct decision in a big game. As do many others it seems.

A bit like "Lambert doesn't like youth" I guess.

• Like 1

I'm surprised Donacien was on the bench for a game of this magnitude. Lambert must see something in him.

I reckon he would only have played him if Baker had gone off. It would be unfair to pair him with anyone other than Vlaar on his league debut.

• Like 3

I'm surprised Donacien was on the bench for a game of this magnitude. Lambert must see something in him.

I reckon he would only have played him if Baker had gone off. It would be unfair to pair him with anyone other than Vlaar on his league debut.

There were literally no other CBs fit to make the squad ahead of him. 

Lowton has played at CB before in more than one league.

Rushing him back was always going to be a big risk and probably mean he has a set back from recovery.

We got the three points today with him - if we miss him for the next two league games then no big deal as we'd lose them with or without him. Important his back and fit for the games afterwards.

Lowton has played at CB before in more than one league.

And Lowton started. So we still needed a defender on the bench too. 

The ones that are both good enough and ready to get their chance.

If that = 0 then that's because they're not ready to start, not because of some skewed view on our youth players.

Why would a manager not want to make his job easier if there was talent that was ready to chip in?

Edited by StanBalaban

Â