Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I've been saying since last summer through all the speculation that he would go this summer on a free.

The only surprise is that given the last season I'm not at all bothered really.

I would have been happy if he had left last summer as we would have received some money and as an added bonus I wouldn't have had to watch him play again.

Has he gone yet?

According to this article, Ron Vlaar has been released.

It doesn't say that at all

I think you'll find that it does:

FULL LIST OF RELEASED PLAYERS

Aston Villa

Darren Bent

Graham Burke

Alfie Crooks

Christopher Herd

Craig Hill

Bradley Lewis

Isaac Nehemie

Daniel O’Brien

Enda Stevens

Thomas Strain

Ron Vlaar

Courtney Wildin

That's a list of players with contracts that expire in July. Not a list of player that have been released, if you read the article properly it clarifies that about ron

I've been saying since last summer through all the speculation that he would go this summer on a free.

I would have been happy if he had left last summer as we would have received some money and as an added bonus I wouldn't have had to watch him play again.

Has he gone yet?

No money was on the table last summer despite Southampton talking about him and its fairly unlikely Vlaar would have passed up on a Bosman unless it was a big move.

And no, he is contract to us until the end of the month so technically not and he could still sign but highly unlikely I'd say. But you never know I guess.

According to this article, Ron Vlaar has been released.

It doesn't say that at all

I think you'll find that it does:

FULL LIST OF RELEASED PLAYERS

Aston Villa

Darren Bent

Graham Burke

Alfie Crooks

Christopher Herd

Craig Hill

Bradley Lewis

Isaac Nehemie

Daniel O’Brien

Enda Stevens

Thomas Strain

Ron Vlaar

Courtney Wildin

That's a list of players with contracts that expire in July. Not a list of player that have been released, if you read the article properly it clarifies that about ron

Nooooo, not Courtney Wildin!

I'm insulted that anyone would suggest that West Ham are a step up from us. £10 to VT if they finish above us next season.

I can go along with the first part but not the second. They aren't a step up but I think they'll be above us again, as it stands. That could all change, mind.

They will be soon as long as they stay up. Got a new 55,000 stadium to move into and London is booming. Neither of which is happening to Villa.

• Like 1

I'm insulted that anyone would suggest that West Ham are a step up from us. £10 to VT if they finish above us next season.

I can go along with the first part but not the second. They aren't a step up but I think they'll be above us again, as it stands. That could all change, mind.

They will be soon as long as they stay up. Got a new 55,000 stadium to move into and London is booming. Neither of which is happening to Villa.

London is peak bubble and even on the slide. Don't believe the rubbish the MSM throw at you. HSBC leaving town and taking all their drug laundered money with them. Russians and Chinese getting out of the 'prime; areas. The real crash is coming to London that was merely postponed in 2008....

http://www.estateagenttoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2015/6/dramatic-fall-in-sales-estate-agencys-data-shows

He would have gone in January had he not been injured (surprise surprise). The very fact we are seemingly signing Richards tells me that Ron is gone. He was offered a new contract, turned it down so we have moved on. 

I agree that on his day he's a good defender, but off his day he's poor and on most of his days he's injured.

In all my years following Villa i have never seen us have such a poor, mistake littered and constantly disrupted defence as over the last few seasons. Vlaar is one of the main reasons for that in my opinion due to his woeful injury record.

One of the main requirements of a decent team is a soild and settled back four as we all know, that is not possible with Ron Vlaar in the squad and the fact he was Captain to boot compounded the issue and magnified the unsettling effect still further.

For me Ron Vlaar is a "luxury" defender if there is such a thing.

• Like 2

Â