Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Report on yahoo says they have offered €2million to sign him now

Napoli have offered to pay at most €2m for the player, with a contract worth €1.7m per season plus add-ons.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/serie-rumour-napoli-agree-deal-ron-vlaar-095819684--sow.html

Must be something in this

Plus add ons? Hope its not appearanced based!

Only way we would get anywhere near £million for him was if he had more than 6 months left. Take whatever they will give us for him, better than him leaving for **** all in the summer, we can get by without him now.

I'd take 2 mill euros for him now. We have 18 league games left and I'd imagine given he is currently injured and his proneness to the odd injury we may get 12 games out of him before he goes for nothing. Take the money now, plus the knocking on for 1 mill we could save on his wages, and put it towards bringing in players in positions where we are lacking. We are well covered at centre back with Okore, Clark, Baker and Senderos who have all looked good when they have played this season.

Report on yahoo says they have offered €2million to sign him now

Napoli have offered to pay at most €2m for the player, with a contract worth €1.7m per season plus add-ons.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/serie-rumour-napoli-agree-deal-ron-vlaar-095819684--sow.html

Must be something in this

Plus add ons? Hope its not appearanced based!
your lucky if you get twenty games a season out of him . Imo it makes sense to get a couple of bags for the man ,

€2m is nothing though, it's roughly one place difference in the league prize money. Having a centre half of Vlaar's calibre on the books may end up making a few places difference, even if he misses a few games. With our injury record it would probably be better safe than sorry. If we got closer to what we paid for him it might be worth selling, or a joint deal with Delph that would bring in a decent whack.

• Like 4

€2m is nothing though, it's roughly one place difference in the league prize money. Having a centre half of Vlaar's calibre on the books may end up making a few places difference, even if he misses a few games. With our injury record it would probably be better safe than sorry. If we got closer to what we paid for him it might be worth selling, or a joint deal with Delph that would bring in a decent whack.

I agree with your post except the bit in bold because he doesn't just miss a few games. He gets injured and he is out for 6 weeks and gets those injuries 2 or 3 times a season.

I'd probably agree with this. If Vlaar on the books means we have even a 50% chance of finishing a place higher in the table, and I think it does, considering he's our best defender when fit, then the €2 million really isn't enough. And if that place is between 17th and 18th then wagering that €2 million on us staying up without him against the money we'd lose if we were relegated is probably a bad bet. Let's say €100 million is the cost of us going down. Here's the bet then: 50/1 Vlaar to be the difference between us staying up and going down. Those are generous odds.

Keep Vlaar. Keep anyone who is good. Never assume we'll reinvest money from player sales in the team. This is not FM

• Like 2

5m for a defender out of contract almost, out of limbs, and certainly out of time to make a huge impact over a prolonged period of time.

Some ppl are dreaming.

2m, I'd snap anyone's hands off because he's probably leaving for nothing.

We don't have much of a say about players staying or going,

If they are any good then they leave, if they are shit then we get stuck with them till there deals run out because nobody wants them.

Edited by Kingman

Â