Speculation: Aaron Cresswell (Ipswich)

FamousHolteUnion

He's talking to him to get the low down of his situation and stuff!

Read this paragraph again and point out where it says it is a player Lambert used to manged for me....

PJ -"Chris spoke to Paul Lambert on Tuesday to ask about a player who used to play for a club that I used to manage and he never mentioned Aaron Cresswell, which I found strange," he said.

....but I agree who cares what's happening with him.

The low down on a players situation who was released by us before Lambert was even appointed? That is what agents are for.

As for that quote, I don't know where it comes from but it isn't what Jewel said.

No, it is a player that Jewell used to manage:

Actually no it isn't and that quote you provided, wherever it came from is incorrect.

Chris Hutchings (Town assistant boss) spoke to Paul Lambert (Villa boss) yesterday because they are good pals and I asked him to ask about a player who used to play for a club he used to manage.

Here

Fair enough, I can only go on the quote that I've read and if that quote is incorrect then what hope do we have!

Gosh people are Westminster Crabby today! It's the Olympics for crying out loud! Calm down... Everyone should be happy :D

Hope we sign this guy - I think everyone can see Warnock is ready to continue with his Mentor training of new LBs for club and country.

More from the Ipswich Star today saying PJ is in a dilemma as to follow up interest on Cresswell's replacement

PAUL Jewell has a dilemma over whether to pursue his interest of Doncaster Rovers defender George Friend.

The League One side have already had a £250,000 bid accepted by Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest are also said to be interested with new boss Sean O’Driscoll keen to link up with his former left-sided defender.

But while Ipswich are keen on a move for the 24-year-old, we understand Jewell will only push ahead with a deal if Aston Villa target Aaron Cresswell is sold.

The Green Un yesterday revealed that Friend was on the radar of the Blues boss at the same time as Villa showed interest in Cresswell and Damien Delaney was linked with a move to Nottingham Forest.

Friend can play centre-back or left-back but with Jewell rebuffing the Delaney rumour, it seems as if he has been identified as a replacement for Cresswell, should Villa step up their interest.

But while Jewell waits to see the next move from Paul Lambert, who became aware of Cresswell’s emergence while manager of arch rivals Norwich City, Friend will want to decide his own future sooner rather than later.

Reports on Teesside suggest Boro boss Tony Mowbray is likely to distance himself from a move rather than become embroiled in a bidding war.

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/transfer_latest_george_friend_deal_dependent_on_any_sale_of_aaron_cresswell_1_1460580

On another forum, football junkie, that I like, which is a lot about the East Anglian sides, they rate Cresswell.. There seems to be a definite policy from PL of looking at young English talent from lower leagues, and I rather like that.

Requires registration. Some quotes will do!

I would offer them the Fonz on a season long loan a sweetener. They need a forward apparently and the Fonz needs to prove himself. Personally I think he is a Championship player anyway so it will probably suit all parties.

I wonder if we could do a swap, Cresswell for Warnock? Probably not :( Don't think Warnock would go for it with the likely wage cut. Which is the shame because I think he'd do well at that level and they'd be happy to have him.

I suppose the age swap might be an issue for Ipswich.

havent seen much of this guy at all. But if this guy has the potential to be better than kyle walker ( considering walker and naughton were a combined fee of 10m both coming from champo sides ) then lets sign him up and give em the 6m.

if not ? then tell them to 0121...**** do one :D

I wonder if we could do a swap, Cresswell for Warnock? Probably not :(
I would say definitely absolutely totally not unless Warnock is looking for a massive cut in wages!

And is prepared to move home from Ormskirk!

Â