Speculation: Aaron Cresswell (Ipswich)

FamousHolteUnion

I dont want Cresswell, £6m for somebody who is going to be way out of their depth is not what we need at all.

Lambert has already signed one full back who looks out of his depth

so if we sign cresswell people will moan we paid over the odds for a championship player

if we sign a cheaper full back from the continent people will moan that we brought in someone without premiership experience

if we sign nobod people will moan we needed a new left back

if we recall warnock people will moan that we didnt sign a replacement

if we don't recall warnock and nobody buys him, people will moan that we're wasting a player in the reserves on big money

that about the jist of it? i **** hate this place sometimes

We need a few certs at the moment.... I'm all for finding a few gems, but I think all concerned at Villa need the boost of a bit of a CERT at the moment....if there is such a thing or maybe as close as we can to one.

he didn't seem to have the best of days in his most recent appearance, but I've seen him play before and he looked good.

We could do with a bit more experience at Left back in my opinion but he could still be effective, will just have to be another one with an easing in phase.

Although I suppose anyone coming in to any new team has some sort of duration of bedding in.

For me, even though he's a natural right back, Lichaj should be playing left back, instead of potentially spunking £4.5 million on Cresswell.

Last season he seemed alright? He could have shown a bit more going forward, but he did score a goal, and has the threat of his long throw in his back pocket

Out of all the younger lads, Lichaj is the most improved. I wasn't too keen on him at first but he's won me over. What I found strange is that he did well in pre season then the season starts and Baker has played left back instead of Lichaj. Money is obviously limited so IF we do make signings over the next few days, I'd say that there are far more important areas that need to be addressed than left back.

Shame really - I like him :/

I like Lichaj and I like the look of Cresswell. Like I wrote before, I'd like a bit more experience at left back, but working on the area between Bent and the midfield is the crucial one. And if we buy one left back as well (May be Cresswell) I think there's some decent cover at left back then.

Out of all the younger lads, Lichaj is the most improved. I wasn't too keen on him at first but he's won me over. What I found strange is that he did well in pre season then the season starts and Baker has played left back instead of Lichaj. Money is obviously limited so IF we do make signings over the next few days, I'd say that there are far more important areas that need to be addressed than left back.

I suspect Baker was selected ahead of him due to the need to add height to combat the aerial threat of both Wet Spam and Everton.

I agree though he's decent at left back but it seems that something is missing from his game as the last 3 managers have tended to overlook him in favour of other options.

Â