Speculation: Aaron Cresswell (Ipswich)

FamousHolteUnion

yes i lied and took a stab in the dark becuase i was backed into a corner. Richard just guesses the same. Welcome cresswell will be written once all media outlets report it.

Richard is genuinely passing on info he's heard. You're just a bullshitter.

yes i lied and took a stab in the dark becuase i was backed into a corner. Richard just guesses the same. Welcome cresswell will be written once all media outlets report it.

Richard is genuinely passing on info he's heard. You're just a bullshitter.

Boom!

First you say sorry because you post crap, then you have a go at Richard who has been proved correct more often than not. :?

People don't understand..some people can be in the know.. but not about everything.. so much changes in the game of transfers..its a shame all the legitimate itk won't post info they have heard anymore because people attack the messenger.

People don't understand..some people can be in the know.. but not about everything.. so much changes in the game of transfers..its a shame all the legitimate itk won't post info they have heard anymore because people attack the messenger.
...although some "messengers" are simply cretins with no inside info who deserve what they get. If you're referring to JulieB's info, well, at least she's sincere, but she's been spectacularly wrong about Moyes and Wittingham. Vos on the other hand is in the other category.

Matt Kendrick tweeted a couple of hours ago to say they were leaving for Seattle airport, so they should be in the air pretty soon. So any ITK info about Cresswell or anyone else in the next 14 hours or so is almost definitely bollocks.

He's playing tonight so doubt anything is close!

Im not sure him playing tonight will make a difference as villas next pre season isnt for another week so PL will probably want him to play

It doesn't work like that though, there is no way either club would risk him playing if a fee had been agreed.

He's playing tonight so doubt anything is close!

Im not sure him playing tonight will make a difference as villas next pre season isnt for another week so PL will probably want him to play

It doesn't work like that though, there is no way either club would risk him playing if a fee had been agreed.

Milner played for us against West Ham when a fee had been agreed and that was a competitive game.

More from Ipswich's other local source:

“@Stuart_Watson: PJ has confirmed Villa interest in #itfc's Aaron Cresswell. For full interview, see tomorrow's EADT and Ipswich Star. Sorry!”

Fair point (if fee etc had been agreed at that point), but it is certainly not the norm.

My guess is a player is more likely to be risked in such a friendly if the selling club would rather hang on to him. In this case the player is likely to be mad keen on a move to a PL club, and the fee is not so huge that Ipswich want the cash much more than the player. Hence no reason for him not to play while Ipswich look for a replacement. Assuming there really is truth to this story in the first place.

Â