General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General, my first post in this part of forum and dunno if this has been asked b4.

Could we get Tom Hanks in to Villa Park on some vip trip when he is next in England ? He has been seen and interviewed with a villa scarf, would make a great start to a game wecoming Tom Hanks to VP.infact give him a season ticket :P

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, it's been reported that Villa have debts of £63 million, and I think that this was also shown in the most recently published accounts. I know Randy didn't use any debt to buy the club, so could you shed any light on where the debt came from (is it a legacy from the previous owners, taken out now to help fund the club, etc). I am not particularly worried, as every business runs with some level of debt - I am just interested.

Thanks

General Krulak here:

1. imavillan: That video was sent to Randy, Paul and myself late last night. It is a classic!! Obviously Randy is a wee bit uncomfortable with this type of tribute...he shuns publicity as you know. He is always anxious to put the spot light on other people and not stand in it himself. At the same time, this video is a very nice tribute to a good person.

2. walesavfc: Welcome to this thread. Yes, Tom Hanks has a standing invitation to come to Villa Park whenever he is in the UK.

3. andycv: Obviously it would be improper for me to talk about the finances of the Club. Suffice it to say, there are various types of "debt"...the debt you are referring to is not something you or any fan should be worried about. We are fine! We would NEVER mortgage the future of our Club. Randy is a consummate business man and has superb advisors.

General, it's been reported that Villa have debts of £63 million, and I think that this was also shown in the most recently published accounts. I know Randy didn't use any debt to buy the club, so could you shed any light on where the debt came from (is it a legacy from the previous owners, taken out now to help fund the club, etc). I am not particularly worried, as every business runs with some level of debt - I am just interested.

Thanks

The money to buy Villa was loaned by the Lerner Family Trust. Family trusts from rich families usually have clauses in them that they have to lend money at commercial rates. I don't imagine that the trustees are in a huge hurry for the money to be paid back.

If Randy keeps improving the club and its fortunes the way he has, I'd imagine we'll be able to repay it sooner rather than later without noticing it too much. As someone who knows a little bit about football finance, I'd say Randy's style of operating so far is about as close to being the perfect model as you can get.

General Krulak here:

2. paulanddonya: We will work hard to recognize the economic situation...world-wide. We understand that the financial situation is impacting ALL fans. We will do our best to ensure that our ticket prices recognize this important fact.

General,

Just to say that I think the UEFA Cup home game prices are spot on. Obviously the Club haven't yet made clear stand alone Ajax game ticket prices, but £35 for both games in the Holte End is bargain that cannot be missed if you ask me.

If the strategy is to get a full Holte End scaring the crap out of the advancing Dutch and Slovaks, then I think you will get it. Good on the Club, thanks.

have to say that i am delighted with the bundle package for the ajax and zilina games...

i cannot afford to go abroad, as much as i would like to, but the prices for both home games are brilliant...

going to order my tickets asap...

General Krulak here:

"Exit strategy." Randy does not see "exiting."

Great to see, General. 8)

Thanks for the prices on the forthcoming UEFA games. It can't be easy to calculate how to attract as many fans as possible whilst maximising revenue. I think these prices are just right. I hope the club is rewarded with at least 40k and 30k against Ajax and Zilina, respectively.

While I'm here, on another site I asked - Does Randy ever thank you for your continued efforts? Knowing that money isn't the factor (being unpaid, not that you are rich), what motivates you to keep performing in your position at Villa?

General,

I have been listening with interest and frustration this week to Alan Brazil on Talk sport Radio slagging off owners from abroad every day. He had a high profile guest on, the minister for sport, DAVID GOLD and a representative of an investment bank that represented Randy when buying Villa. Each time Mr Brazil was having his Rant all 3 yes ALL 3 interupted his argument and told him that they can not just point the finger at a chairman because he is from abroad and used Randy as example every time. David Gold even went out of his way to say that Randy was a role model for how a club should be run! *FAINTS*

When the representative from the investment bank mentioned Randy he said "Randy Lerner said to me that he was not the owner of Aston Villa but a custodian for the fans" and although you have mentioned this before it was good to hear it thrown in Mr Brazils face (he hates Villa as he lost a League Championship medal because of us :lol: ) Only then after 3 days of ranting did he mention that he had 2 weeks of texts and e-mails off Villa fans saying that they loved their Chairman. 2 weeks to mention it and he had to follow it with "but would they still like him if they were mid table" :evil: YES WE WOULD!

Good to see everyone else with a brain stick up for Randy and recognise what he is doing at our club.

Gen

As I was the one that posted the initial request can I say well done for the pricing.

I'd say that was fair and sensible (I am obviously not gonna say cheap at half the price as then you would think they were too cheap !!).

It is basically 20 for Ajax and 15 for Zelina and I am happy with that.

If we get to the final and have them prices all the way, you will see a very full, if not, a totally full, Villa Park.

Cheers

Also, and a bit of an unfair questiion. With Newcastle being touted at 350 million to buy, Man CIty the same, Everton the same etc...

Randy bought us for about 65 million - was Ellis THAT BAD at finances - he must be kicking himself !!

General Krulak here:

1. Ticket prices: A good deal of thought went into these prices...and input from the Fans was VERY important. The Board basically looked at the economic crisis ongoing...a crisis that impacts our fans and our Club. The decision was made to balance both of these impacts in as fair a way as possible...and trying to ensure that we had our "best weapon" (cheering fans) at each game. We wish we could have done even better but, as you all realize, we also have to ensure that the Club meets its obligations too. This is, indeed, a very tough time economically. The United States has seen its stock market drop almost 40%...not good. AVFC recognizes the stress on the Fan's pocketbook and is trying to be a fair as we can be.

2. Nicky Keye and her Ticketing Folks are working overtime right now. PLEASE do not get frustrated with her. She has a full compliment of people working and every phone is hooked up and answering calls. We recognize that there is a queue...we ask your patience.

3. Newcastle can be touted at 350 million BUT...what counts is how much they get for a sale. DE was not bad at finances...he and Randy just did what was necessary to make the deal happen.

General,

the strain could be taken away from Nicky and the team if the online booking system was running! Also it would be better to get into a queue for the ticket office by phne not just constantly engaged.

I've got it on speed dial now

Allan

general, firstly i really appreciate the time you have spent replying on this forum so thanks...secondly will the flag be making an appearance against ajax? or ever again?i havent seen it in a long time! cant wait for the european nights at villa park, and the efforts of randy to bring us this will never be forgotten...keep up the good work