General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Ian Robbo, i havent got sound on my Pc, and didn't even recognise Paul Birch on that Video, only two years ago, he looked the same as his playing days and was Running training for the Blues Academy. i only realised it was Him, when my Dad told me, its awful :(

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the North Stand is redeveloped are there any plans to fill in the corners of the Holte? I don't mean building work i just mean filling them in with the plasticy sheeting that is already on the Holte now. I think if more of these were added to make the Holte enclosed the atmosphere would be a lot better and a lot of the noise wouldn't be lost as it is now

Fantastic article in the Sun for Acorns and the support we give

you knwo what General to me this is far more importnat than a mere game, it shows an heart, style and class few others can match

that is as a club and of course the personnel really behind this, the players, MON and of course Randy !

I think I speak for all Villa fans to say we have never been prouder to be Villa supporters than this moment in time.

Hi General,

Just wanted to say its a great idea to show the game V Litex live on AVTV tonight, and wanted to thank all involved in making this happen.

Not sure if this has been asked/mentioned before, but it would be brilliant if all reserve / youth games could be shown in this fashion and im sure the number of subscribers would increase very sharply. Are there any plans to show reserve/youth games in the future?

General Krulak here:

1. Coop_AVFC: Browns win was great!! Skins win over their arch-rival Dallas was akin to 5-1 against Birmingham City Football Club.

2. the boyangel: not sure but will see if I can make happen.

3. ianrobo1: Yes, I am very much aware of Chirs Cooper's ride...and think it is very special. The video was moving...to say the least.

4. hobbo: Good to see you again!! I thought you might have fallen off a cliff!! Not to worry about Randy...all is fine.

5. paddy: Just trying to make things better. Speaking of better, how are you doing?

6. blackcountryvilla: We continue to look at the stadium from a holistic view...no decisions have been made yet. We will not begin any work until we have a plan that is all-encompassing.

7. junxs: I am not sure...will try and see.

4. hobbo: Good to see you again!! I thought you might have fallen off a cliff!! Not to worry about Randy...all is fine.

Good to hear it. Any chance of a fiver - pay you back next month?!

I'm a bit like the grim reaper/IRS - if you don't hear from me, all is well!!

Up the Villa, Mighty General Sir!

Gen,

Just a little moan about the coverage of the game on AVTV.

I think it is an excellent idea to stream the game online, and the picture quality for an online stream is excellent. However, there is no sound, which was quite disappointing considering a lot of people had paid money just to watch the game via the OS.

It wasn't much of a problem for me as I managed to find a radio link for commentary, but I'm sure there are many watching who will have no sound for 90 minutes.

If the club decide to stream more games on the OS in future, please look into correcting this problem, because sound aside, the overall quality is excellent.

Please pass on my congratulations to the people running AVTV.

If i ever need money for the old rope in my garage i will no who to go to for advise.

A fantastic service as long as you dont want to see or hear anything.

Well done AVTV

Gen,

I think it is an excellent idea to stream the game online, and the picture quality for an online stream is excellent. However, there is no sound, which was quite disappointing considering a lot of people had paid money just to watch the game via the OS.

It wasn't much of a problem for me as I managed to find a radio link for commentary, but I'm sure there are many watching who will have no sound for 90 minutes.

If the club decide to stream more games on the OS in future, please look into correcting this problem, because sound aside, the overall quality is excellent.

Now after saying that, the second half coverage has managed to get worse still. Not only is there no sound, there is now also no picture!

Please look into this for us General.

General, i pay £4 a month for AVTV and im not sure what for exactly, whenever i want to use it it doesn't work, just got one half of the match with no sound today, even the commentary isn't working. Going to cancel my subscription now and will sign up again when it is sorted out. When i want to watch an interview or highlights 99% of the time it wont even let me log in.

Must add my complaint about the total rip off that is AVTV. £3.99 a month can't use it on a mac, borrow a lap top to watch it on and avtv decide the second half starts 7mins later than the ref. having said that the picture and sound were good when finally worked. Unfortunatly i to will be cancelling until a better service is avaliable.

General would just like to pass on my thanks for making me a proud Villa fan today. The coverage of our sponsorship of Acorns today in the national paper was first rate and positive for both Club and the wonderful charity that Acorns is. Just a thought though with the likes of Chelsea receiving such monies from Samsung (region of £50+million) can the next sponsor on our shirts donate all monies to Acorns. It would be great if we could get something like Nike in association with Acorns . Just a thought and something which will assist both Acorns financially as well as giving them the same level of coverage.

Hi General.

A mate of mine Chris Cooper is making the huge effort of cycling to Paris this weekend to raise money for Paul Birch as I'm sure you are aware. This morning there is a headline about his trip on the Offical Site but when you click on it the link doesn't work.

I'm not normally one to moan on here (in fact never) but I have to ask do the people that run the site actually check their work? The amount of times this happens is unreal and for it to happen when its a piece of news as important as this one where someone is doing an incredible act to help a former player it is really beyond the pale.

Many have already commented on other problems with the site especially the problems last night so I won't repeat them but I will say that I think the official site does the club and you and the board no credit whatsoever. So much has changed beyond recognition since Randy took over but I have to say the standard of AVTV and the offical site reminds me of the darker days of our past.

If nothing else can you please get them to fix the story about the fund raising for Birchy and ask them to check these things in future before putting them live.

EDIT - The problem appears to have been fixed but my point remains.

Gen,

Now after saying that, the second half coverage has managed to get worse still. Not only is there no sound, there is now also no picture!

Please look into this for us General.

General, i'd also like to echo these comments but add that I couldn't get any coverage last night from AVTV at all!!!

General,

I don't know how the rest of these guys' AVTV didn't work, but I hooked my laptop up to my TV and watched the second half complete with superb commentary and excellent picture, well done AV.

May I ask will this be a regular thing because I asked you about the possibility of Live streaming of games a few months ago for us Villans abroad but I didn't get an answer.

Also, do you watch the Fox soccer channel in the states, have to say its a little cheesy but it kept me in tune with all things Villa in my 18 months I spent in Boston... what a godsend!!

Many thanks

Hi general. Why was only one food stall open in the north stand tonight when it was practically full? Was dissapointed at half time with a frankly absurd queue!

thanks

I'll second that.

Up on arrival and making my way to R7 with plenty of time to go before the kick off I discover the kiosk shut, I then have to fight back against the flow of traffic to go back to queue for 20 minutes to only be offered chips and curry! Now I don't mind paying £3 for a burger or baguette but not for a try of chips. When you've made a 70 mile journey straight from work this is not the service you would hope for. Needless to say I didn't even attempt the ordeal again at half time.

Then to top it of, for what ever reason there are 8 bobbies on duty along the edge of R7. I've not noticed a visible Police presence around R7 for the full houses against Pool and City, so why 8 for 300 Bulgarians? There service behind the kiosk would have been far more appreciated.

Up on leaving the ground, I grab a burger, chips and cuppa from the Aston Filla van, absolutely superb! How come a man in a van can get it so so right when Villa Park can't offer me anything else other than a tray of half cooked chips! Give that man the catering contract.

Sorry my first post on this thread has become such a rant General. Apart from this minor (but at the time, very annoying) slip up, I've never been such a proud and hopeful Villan.

Hi General,

I was just wondering how us qualifying for the group stages is going to affect the balance sheet at the club. Are we expecting to see a rise in profits/revenue as a result of these extra games that will no doubt be sellouts.

Managed to watch first half last night on AVTV without sound. Like the others second half was unavailable for 7 or 8 minutes - missed the Litex goal altogether - but then it came back again with sound so was ok. Broadband speeds generally are too slow in the UK - I could only watch it without continuous buffering on the worst quality setting, which gave you a picture the size of a postage stamp. Borrowed my brother's laptop to watch it as it won't work on my Mac at all. Still a good idea, so thanks for the initiative even if there were gremlins in the execution!