General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Further to the away games in the UEFA Cup, a lot of people would be interested in going - myself included - but would find it hard to commit to flights etc. before purchasing a ticket.

Please can you update us on the plans for away game ticket sales as soon as possible. My thoughts are the sooner the better really.

Thanks

Jon

General Krulak here:

1. First off, I think we got a pretty good draw. I can't wait for the Ajax game at Villa Park. We recognize that there will be many fans who want to travel and that there are many fans who are looking for ticket sales dates, any game day changes, etc. etc. We will be using the OS to ensure a rapid dissemination of info...so please keep checking. I will also try to post info as it comes in.

general i am a seaon ticket holder but my 2 friends who are mad villa fans but aint got a season ticket this year for 1st time ina round 15 years due to work would liek to travel away, so if tehy got season tickets off other people would they be allowed to get tickets using somebody elses season ticket with their permission of course, if they gave all their details.

General Krulak here:

1. First off, I think we got a pretty good draw. I can't wait for the Ajax game at Villa Park. We recognize that there will be many fans who want to travel and that there are many fans who are looking for ticket sales dates, any game day changes, etc. etc. We will be using the OS to ensure a rapid dissemination of info...so please keep checking. I will also try to post info as it comes in.

General K

This is a plea to the club to not get caught out when it comes to securing as many tickets as possible for the two away games, by that I mean more than the UEFA rules of 5%.

Might not be so bad in Prague as they are not a massively supported club but Hamburg are so we need to get as many as we can for this one.

I would expect we will be taking upwards of 4-5000 to each and many will travel by their own means (myself included)

The last thing we all would want is fans traveling to support the club and not being able to get tickets.

Gen

My monthly post :)

Yes, Ajax is a mouth watering gamer - but PLEASE keep the ticket prices sensible.

3 home games in 11 days.

Yes , it's Ajax - but , as we seen with QPR - 3 games in that short amount of time is not realistic for the majority of fans in these trying financial times.

Thanks

Gen

Yes, Ajax is a mouth watering gamer - but PLEASE keep the ticket prices sensible.

3 home games in 11 days.

Yes , it's Ajax - but , as we seen with QPR - 3 games in that short amount of time is not realistic for the majority of fans in these trying financial times.

Thanks

I think we will need offers for the other games, the likes of Ajax don't come calling every year just yet. An example is myself, was going to go to Pompey as Wigan has been moved but will now go to the Ajax game not so much for me but for Aston who at 12 has not tasted a big European night.

General,

This evening, I happened to catch a few minutes of a radio programme broadcast across the UK by BBC Radio 5. There was a discussion regarding the state of the game and the serious concern over 'foreign' ownership and club debt. I heard all the contributors’ state "with the exception of Randy Lerner..." on a few occasions. :)

As a long time servant you will be aware that one of the biggest dangers to a happy marriage is complacency and taking each other for granted. To date, Randy has shown no sign of this in his relationship with our club and its fans. I hope and believe this will remain the case for as long as Randy is with us. Unfortunately it will inevitably be harder for many fans to remain faithful 100% of the time.

On to my questions. No matter how long term, has Randy ever talked to you about his exit strategy? Is Max being coached well?

Hi General,

I read online today that in 2003 you were invited by Ken Bates to give a teamtalk before Chelsea played Liverpool in the match that clinched their Champions League qualification.

Firstly, is that true? Secondly, how did you find that experience? Thirdly, it obviously worked, so if MON was so inclined to ask would you be willing to do the same at Villa, or would you feel that your directorial role would preclude you from doing that kind of thing at Villa?

Keep up the good work!

Hi General,

I'm really buzzing about the UEFA draw, it's been a long time coming. Thanks for acknowledging that the demand for the away games will be high, it would be too easy to dismiss the demand given the current climate but undoubtedly both games will be hugely popular. The club has let us down on allocations many times in the past but it is reassuring to know that the new regime has it's finger on the pulse.

Given what I've just said it may seem strange what I'm about to suggest but hey ho........ obviously the Zilina game is far and away the least glamourous of the 4 ties, but it is without doubt our best chance of 3 points towards progression in the competition. I fear that the attendance could suffer badly, when we could do with VP rocking. Maybe a double ticket for both UEFA games would be the answer? Buy Ajax ticket, get Zilina for £10? I'm sure you'll come up with the right answer as usual.

Will the club be laying on any different travel packages for our games in Prague and Hamburg? A lot of fans feel the £800 trips in previous rounds were very expensive and out of budget, some cheaper options would be good

General - I have a couple of mates who are season ticket holders but aren't going to the game in Hamburg. Is it above board if me and my sister use their season tickets to purchase tickets and fly over? There's no way I'm missing that game, Prague comes too soon for us but I plan on making every other away game in Europe as long as we're still in the competition.

General Krulak here:

1. FUSE: We will get as many tickets as we are allocated.

2. paulanddonya: We will work hard to recognize the economic situation...world-wide. We understand that the financial situation is impacting ALL fans. We will do our best to ensure that our ticket prices recognize this important fact.

3. brommy: We recognize that we will never have a 100% approval rate from the fans. This is to be expected...it is life in the sports arena. What I DO think is very important is to recognize that Randy does care deeply for AVFC. This is NOT a "hobby"...he is passionate about the Club, the Team, Villa Park, and the Fans. Every decision he makes is aimed at moving the Club forward. We do not expect that everyone will always agree with his decisions but NEVER think he doesn't care. "Exit strategy." Randy does not see "exiting."

4. jimgriff: Chelsea and Ken Bates....yes, I was invited by Ken Bates to have dinner and address the Chelsea Team the evening before they played Liverpool in the game that clinched their Champions League qualification. It was a good deal of fun...a very enjoyable night...and the results of the game are obvious. I sat with the Players at dinner and enjoyed meeting people who I had watched for a few years on the telly. As for talking to Villa...only if asked by the Chairman and the Manager.

General sadly i have to make a complaint about the recent uefa home time versus litex.

there was a offer on tickets in the lower north stand where you could buy 4 for £20 (outstanding value and thanks to the club for that)

however thousands took up the offer and the lower north was sold out for the game. so it was to my dismay that the powers that be decided that only one half of the stand would be open for refreshments. there was only one stall instead of the usual two (one at either side) that was open and catering for well over 2000 people! this resulted in a rather large crush in the narrow gangway at the top of the lower north, and an almost standstill queue for practically the entire half time break!

whilst i understand for lesser matches with lower attendances it makes sense to not open all the catering posts, i have to say if a particular stand is sold out it is daft and somewhat dangerous to have it operating at half capacity

I made the effort to attend this pretty meaningless game and was told that there was no hot food being served ( lower Holte ) at half time so I ended up with chocolate bars.

It was after work, it was cold, the game was meaningless and so people wanted to eat more than they normally do.

Also the programme stands closed in Upper Holte early for the Litex game, meaning I had to wait until half time where there was a mass exit due to the cold and them wanting hot food and drinks so it took ages, there was also a large queue for the programme stand inside the ground due to people having to queue for ages before the game to pick up tickets, haven't really seen a queue that long before outside the ground, any reason why this happened? Apologies if it's already been asked, couldn't see it.

General Krulak here:

1. As I indicated immediately after the Litex game....we had problems. Ticketing software went down before game time and set us back from then on. We can't go back and fix the Litex game...we can only try to make things better in the future. We know what we did wrong and will try to improve.

Hi General.

Can you confirm that we are definetely having last seasons away kit as this seasons 3rd kit with the Acorns logo?

If so do you have any idea when it is likely to be out? - Only, its my birthday on the 25th Oct and its on my wish list!!!

Ta

Gen

3 home games in 11 days.

Thanks

I think we will need offers for the other games, the likes of Ajax don't come calling every year just yet. An example is myself, was going to go to Pompey as Wigan has been moved but will now go to the Ajax game not so much for me but for Aston who at 12 has not tasted a big European night.

General I agree with what has been said about offers maybe a good offer for Ajax and Zilna, say £35 - £40 for both games