General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Cheers!!

I am General Krulak and am one of the new Directors of Aston Villa Football Club. I have spent the past week trying to get onto this site and have finally succeeded. I can assure each of you that I have NOT purposely avoided this site and have been helped tremendously by John Cresswell who had to bear the burden of a Yank trying to follow his instructions on how to log in. Sorry John!

Let me start by telling you how happy Randy, the other Directors and I am about being part of the Villa Family! Yes, we are "part" of the family...not the most important part...just a part. The history, traditions and ethos of this magnificent Institution are very precious to us...just as they are to you. You all have stuck with Villa through thick and thin and we are new to Villa Park...BUT, believe me, we want what you want and will work very hard to achieve that goal.

We are blessed with a superb Manager who has everyone's total support. He is a great football mind, a great tactician, and a great teacher...but most important, he is a great Leader! He knows how to motivate the team and get the best from them...and when he needs to make adjustments, he does it with skill.

I am on this Site because, like Randy, I truly care about what fans say and feel. We want to do right...we are not interested in screwing it up. At the same time, we realize we can't perform miracles...we can't change things overnight. What we ask is that everyone join us in supporting the team...and keep the spirit up. The coaches to Chelsea are a great opportunity to do just that. Come on down and lets drown out the Chelsea fans.

Finally, we have no egos...we don't believe we have all the answers. What we do know is that we care...and that we are part of something very special.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good evening General:

Can you please thank Mr Lerner for paying for our coach travel to Chelsea- couldn't have afforded it without him!

Also, can i ask a question I've been wondering about... What is the board planning to do about ticket prices for the coming seasons? Season tickets, will they go up dramatically?

Thanks and Welcome.

A big welcome to you General, and Randy to the Villa.

I hope that you are enjoying these times as much as we are.

The measures that you guys have already instigated have made being a Villa fan a true joy once again after a long and difficult time.

The fact that you are taking your time to talk to us across numerous boards speaks volumes.

I know a lot of fans of other teams are looking enviously at our new board and manager - thankyou!!

I will definitely pass on your thanks to Randy!!

Re. ticket prices: It might interest you to know that the Cleveland Browns have the lowest ticket prices in the National Football League...that should give you an idea of what we will strive to do with Aston Villa ticket prices. We want to see 42,000 people in the stands cheering for our team...and you can't get that by hiking prices sky high.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

welcome general.

first all please thank randy lerner for freshening up aston villa. villa was stale under the old regine and now its like a fresh of breath air.

its great to see you actually CARE about our views on our great club. thank you for visiting and enjoy the site.

Oh yes General, is there any chance the Grafitti that currently adorns the Witton Lane stand can be removed? (you know, the stuff about some bloke who used to own a small part of the club - same bloke you've given a cupboard space to in the North Stand)

Welcome onboard General, its a priviledge and an honour to have you and Randy at our club. I don’t think I have enjoyed supporting Villa quite as much as I have since the arrival of Martin O’Neill and Randy (and your goodself). Its a heck of an adventure we are embarking on, but its going to be a great adventure.

Just a couple of questions:

Will Aston Villa be going on a Stateside tour in the near future?

Can I buy you a pint?

Firsty welcome!

Secondly thanks to Randy and yourself for giving us back the one thing all fans should thrive on - hope!

Finally congrats on some of the positive changes ie. PR, Museum, speaking directly to the fans. Just to illustrate the difference, my copy of 'FourFourTwo' arrived via the post today and a leaflet advertising Villa weekends dropped out - I have never seen this club promote itself in the national media before!!

Speechless.

There i was getting worried by the goings-on at Man Utd and Chelsea and if we might have made a mistake getting new owners (Grass is greener on the other side etc....).

But now i feel like a prat.

By coming on here you have shown that your obviously have the best intentions for Villa.

Welcome.

Just to reiterate what others have said - thanks very much. We may not get where we want to be this season, next season or even the one after but we will get there in the end. The lack of hope that was around before Randy saved us is difficult to express and now when I tell people I'm a Villa fan I get looks of envy not pity!

Two questions...

- When will a longer contract be discussed with MON? We need the FA to know that they won't get any joy if Steve McClaren doesnt succeed with England

- Any further news on the stadium expansion?

Ta for now, Cock (thats a polite phrase in Brum!)

Thanks for coming on and saying hello, General.

You have no idea how refreshing, and frankly astounding it is to us to see the board of our club taking such steps as talking to the fans, paying for transport to Chelsea and basically being as enthusiastic about the Villa as we are. It's refreshing in the extreme - shocking in a pleasant way.

I know we're all in one great big happy love-in (ahem) at the moment - we love you and Randy on the board, and obviously the team and manager and we get the same vibes back, but I hope that when one or other of us gets the hump at some point (and it'll probably be us lot !) that the 2 way communication continues.

There are a lot of people on this site (and others too, to be fair) who campaigned long and hard for change at our club. Whether we had any effect doesn't really matter (in truth it was probably limited), but it's just brilliant to see that what we wanted for so long has not only come to pass, but exceeded all our wildest dreams.

We've got the manager we wanted, a board and owner beyond compare and a club to be really really proud of again.

Brilliant! Thank you.

Welcome aboard and pass on my welcome to Randy and the rest of the new Board too! I would just like to reiterate the sentiments raised by almost every other reply to your message and say that so far I am very impressed with everything that the new regime is doing. Long may it continue.

It may come as a surprise to you to know that I am unaware of any members of the previous board openly participating on any fan website. We are all delighted to know that the views of this and other websites will have a chance of being picked up by the board - although we may all need to clean up our language somewhat!

As I am sure you will come to realise - in the main we are a pretty good set of fans. We are not expecting to be Kings of Europe overnight (maybe next season :lol: ) and we're not expecting an unrelentless and bottomless stream of money flowing into the club to try and support a short-term fix.

However, I genuinely believe that you have found yourselves a wonderful club with fantastic opportunities. The catchment area for Villa is huge just within the UK and we have consistently failed to use this to our advantage in terms of generating additional revenue streams to help support the investment in the club's infrastructure and playing staff. I for one am looking forward to Villa being as successful an enterprise off the field as we can be on the field.

Best of luck to you, Randy and the others. And I hope that this is the start of a fantastic and successful relationship!

Ian