General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

I know others have brought the issue up already, but I felt the need to do so again having read a post on another thread.

It seems as though those going with the official travel are guaranteed a ticket, regardless of their previous booking history.

Someone has said they know of a Blues fan who is going on the official trip with his Villa mates for a piss up. Whether this is true or not, it just highlights the problem.

I personally already have my tickets for Prague, but the situation is grossly unfair on those fans with decent booking history that may end up ticket less. Surely the club can see this?

Why aren't the same priorities in place for those wanting to go with the official travel (please tell us if this is not the case)?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, I wonder if at this late stage there is time to get Freddy Bouma to give his views on the AVFC Official Site about the Villa v Ajax game? I'm sure he would have loved to have played tomorrow night against the greatest Dutch club in history and I would enjoy reading his views on this. Also as Freddy is a firm crowd favorite we would love to hear how he's getting on with his recovery. If it's not possible please pass on our best wishes to him and I for one will be thinking of him tomorrow night at Villa Park.

General, I wonder if at this late stage there is time to get Freddy Bouma to give his views on the AVFC Official Site about the Villa v Ajax game? I'm sure he would have loved to have played tomorrow night against the greatest Dutch club in history and I would enjoy reading his views on this. Also as Freddy is a firm crowd favorite we would love to hear how he's getting on with his recovery. If it's not possible please pass on our best wishes to him and I for one will be thinking of him tomorrow night at Villa Park.

Or even better, come onto the pitch before kick off. I am not certain of his condition but i have heard he is walking around quite freely now. I am sure everyone would like to show how much we appreciate him.

Hello.

I have had this emailed to me:

Hi I am a regular visitor to the villatalk site, and for some reason can't log in as

i've forgot my username and password - i'm not worried about this at all thats not

the point of the email, I was just wondering whether we can get a message to General

Krulak regarding the crash on the M6 the other night, I've just been on the Sky News

website and realised one of the young lads that died was a Villa fan - just

wondering if we'd be having a minutes silence for him and their family as a mark of

respect?

I don't know the family, this was just from purely browsing the internet this

morning at work.

Let me know if you can either way, be nice to know before I get to game later tonight.

Regards, Neil Hughes

U.T.V

General Krulak here:

1. I am now at Villa Park...got in yesterday...Randy just landed at Luton this am. Everyone is ready for the game tonight. Ajax practiced at Villa Park last night..nice looking team.

2. We will probably not sell out for the game today...probably come close to 40,000K depending on walk-ups today. I still believe the atmosphere will be great!! As you all probably know, the programmes for the game will be special...I have seen them and they are sharp. 25 will have autogrqaphs of the entire team in them...so 25 Fans will be very happy when they open the programme and discover that they are one of the "lucky" 25.

3. Be aware that we will be having a Villa Park "training day" very soon. The date/time will be posted on the OS today.

4. A little late for Bouma to write something. He is doing much better and is progressing well. He appreciates all the well wishes he gets...we pass everything on to him.

5. No new info on the "coin tosser." We can investigate until the cows come home and probably not find the person without help from fans who know who that person is. I confess that I am a bit disappointed that we haven't had a fan step up and help us identify the culprit. We could have had someone seriously injured and we certainly received some very negative publicity for our Club and Fans. Someone out there knows who did it but apparently is not willing to get "involved."

6. Away tickets: We are allocated 5% of the stadium capacity...which meant 1500 tickets for one game and will probably mean around 3000 for the other game. Our folks will be going to Europe to nail down the Hamburg game early in Novemeber. As soon as we know what the numbers are, we will be announcing on the OS how the tickets will be allocated. We will try to be as fair as possible...for ST holders and the regular fans. Part of the deal with the official travel is to ensure that people who take that pacikage have a ticket...that would only make sense. With a potential 3000 tickets available, we should have enough to take care of most people who want to go. Tickets are limited to the 5% so when the notice is posted on the OS, people need to react quickly if they want a ticket.

General as you've only just flown back into the UK you probably won't be aware of the appalling car crash on M6 in Cheshire last weekend where a family of 6 with 4 kids

were killed instantly, when their car burst into flames after hitting a lorry. The youngest child being only a few weeks old. The Portuguese driver is in custody following allegations of dangerous driving. The family were apparently travelling back from Birmingham to Llandudno after going to Saturday's game V Portsmouth.

I wondered whether the club were aware of this?....as it might be appropriate to pay respects before tonights game. I think everyone seeing the news the weekend and the pictures in todays paper, have been absolutely horrified by what happened.

General;

As Julie has said, the parents of the family of six who died in a motorway pile-up on the M6 had moved to Llandudno five years ago from Erdington in Birmingham and they along with their children Reece aged 13, Jay aged 9, Mason aged 20 months and Ellouise, aged 10 weeks died in the accident. The press has now reported that David and son Reece were big Aston Villa supporters. I also wonder if the club could do something tonight such as wear black armbands or dedicate the game to their memory or anything else that might be considered appropriate. I can appreciate that the notice is short but like Julie I thought the club might want to know about this, if it does not already.

Part of the deal with the official travel is to ensure that people who take that package have a ticket...that would only make sense.

Would it not be fairest that those who want to book official travel can only do so when they are entitled to a ticket under the priorities that are placed on everybody who goes independently? Otherwise, as we have seen those going with official travel jump to the top of the queue.

Part of the deal with the official travel is to ensure that people who take that package have a ticket...that would only make sense.

Would it not be fairest that those who want to book official travel can only do so when they are entitled to a ticket under the priorities that are placed on everybody who goes independently? Otherwise, as we have seen those going with official travel jump to the top of the queue.

which is why its far more expensive.

paying out big money to get preference over others - thats the usual line given by Season ticket holders - same thing here.....

I agree totally with Stato and would also like to raise this General.

To me I do not understand why people on official travel should get priority – looking at other clubs they implement the idea Stato says and only sell to those who are entitled to a ticket - not those prepared to pay most money. I do not understand why being prepared to pay more money should guarantee you a ticket and would have thougt loyalty in watching the club should have far more importance.

As already stated we get the position where a fan of another club can book on the travel if they fancy it and have the money whilst someone who goes home and away with Villa but has less money can’t go or ends up sitting in the wrong part of the ground. In addition where tickets are sparce, or if we do this for a match like a final, those with money can effectively buy themselves a guarantee of a ticket while fans who have been to far more games miss out.

I am sorry but it just seems the club like to prioritise the fans who have money in these situations

General,

MON has been quoted today as follows.........

Randy Lerner will be at the game tonight with the American’s love affair with Villa clearly soured by Saturday’s coin-throwing episode against Portsmouth.

O’Neill added: “I believe he will be at the game and is very excited about this competition and what it means to Aston Villa. He was very excited about the draw when it was first known.

“But what happened on Saturday was not what he came here for.

‘‘He has exciting plans to improve the ground over the next two years and improve everything for the supporters coming here and that’s not what he’s after; that’s not what this club is after.”

Full article here

Please feel free to elaborate further.

Enjoy the game!

So according to Villa then, if we do reach any final does that mean that the..

"yeah iam a villa fan, have been for years, i just dont go very much now though" ..

type of fans who fancy the final just goes on official travel and get themselves a ticket.

Season ticket holder for 40 years, {old git i know}

Throughout that time travelled length and breadth of the country several times over, going to 75% of away games, upto 5 years ago,

Travelled abroad, independently on most trips unless it was far flung and better to go official {not to queue jump} to watch Villa on several occasions.

I really fancied doing the Prague trip, and although still a season ticket holder, realised i had no chance of a ticket unless paying official Villa trip prices, this i wasnt going to do, just to queue jump.

I can sympathise with all you guys doing anything/everything to get there, ticket or not. I have been in that situation many times and it rankles big time that it is us that suffers.

If they do reach general sale Friday, i still couldnt buy one knowing i was taking a ticket from someone like how i used to be, willing to travel all over the country week after week.

Way off the mark this decision from Villa in my opinion, but best of luck guys!

General,

myself along with three others have booked holiday , flights and hotels for the hamburg game. We have done this in advance of not even knowing if the game will still mean anything .

Would it be a good idea for people who have allready undertaken this commitment to inform the club , ie some form of registration , so then when ticket allocation is confirmed the club would then be able to set aside enough minus official travel ?

hi general. a little gripe from myself ref season ticket cards.

In summer when I renewed my season ticket was told i wouldnt be sent a new card and that my old card from previous season would be used. fair enough. ive now lost my season ticket card and rang up to ask for a replacement. However I was told it is firstly a £10 charge and i would have to come and collect a form (which only the main ticket office have) and fill it in and pay the £10. Now normally that wouldnt bother me to much, but the fact that these season ticket cards arent being sent our on a season by season basis leaves a sour taste in my mouth when asked to pay for a replacement.

The main thing that annoyed me was that i was told by the ticket office over the phone that yes they could print it off for me for tonights game, but i would have to get a replacement arranged asap as otherwise my account would be put on stop?!?!

My only other gripe really is that ticket info and ordering seems to have been a real mess recently. Me and my friend had a real nightmare ordering euro tickets. I hope this is sorted out as it really did seem abit of a shambles.

As I say its only a minor grumble, on and off the pitch in general i couldnt be happier!