General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

the strain could be taken away from Nicky and the team if the online booking system was running! Also it would be better to get into a queue for the ticket office by phne not just constantly engaged.

I've got it on speed dial now

Allan

Gen, ignore this. It just came back to life!

On a similar vein tho I'm amazed that we have not got a seating guide on the Official Site that lets those booking seats to see the one's they've got.

When I book a cinema ticket I get to see exactly where the seat is.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would also be nice if the online system could have the same price offer as the phone, or in person calls.

Tickets are available to buy on www.avfcsales.co.uk but please be aware that the special combo deal is NOT available online.

General - I have a couple of mates who are season ticket holders but aren't going to the game in Hamburg. Is it above board if me and my sister use their season tickets to purchase tickets and fly over? There's no way I'm missing that game, Prague comes too soon for us but I plan on making every other away game in Europe as long as we're still in the competition.

im in the same situation general and usually use mates season tickets for away games, will this be possible for the prague game?

Hey General, just a quick note, went to buy my tickets for the european games, the combo deal - great pricing by the way. one thing though, when i started queueing, the ticket office was full of people, but only had 4 people serving (two of which were single matches only) then i noticed at least 3 people walking round the shop doing nothing, why couldnt these people come and start to serve till the queue went down? after queueing for about a hour 2 more people came alone and started serving, but noone the less, it was a long wait just hope the ajax game and zilina (sp?) is worth it!

General Krulak here:

1. I can assure you, we had a full complement of people working the ticket issue...people you may have seen walking around were, in fact, involved in work. We had people upstairs, people in the office, people in the ticket booth. We had every single person on the case of the tickets...we absolutely knew we'd be busy. When you have a one-off like this, you just need to expect a wait. You absolutely cannot hire and train staff for "one offs"...just makes no sense.

General Krulak here:

1. Post # 800!! Where has the time gone?? My wife is going to rip my head off!

2. Ticket sales are going good...things a slowing a bit. Don't forget we sell at the City Centre store.

3. Look for flight and ticket info on the OS. Also, for those who had such a bad problem with the stream for the Livek game, please look at OS for action by the Club to "make good" on the problem.

added by mods

Villa are handing all supporters who subscribed to AVTV for the UEFA Cup tie with Litex Lovech an 'extra-time' offering of the service.

AVTV is the exclusive online channel dedicated solely to Aston Villa and this one month free offer will start from Tuesday October 21.

It includes free access to all pre-match previews and interviews as well as post-match reaction from the manager and key players.

It will also include live radio-style commentary on all games.

As well as this extensive first team coverage, AVTV also features a wide array of channels, including Match Highlights, Press Conferences, Former Players and Video Archive.

Relevant AVTV subscribers will be contacted by Perform directly who will explain the process of receiving the free month.

Subscribers subsequently then have until Friday October 31 to take advantage of the free offer.link to OS text

Hi General.

I've had an issue with tickets but not the normal issue of getting tickets. Rather I have had debits taken for my account for games I didn't attend and didn't book tickets for. It appears I have been placed on the Cup Scheme despite only applying to be on the away scheme and have only just realised the error and that I have been charge for tickets I didn't use or know I had. (I should add I've twice previously requested not to be on the cup scheme)

Can you please advise me how to go about getting this resolved?

Also, would it be possible for us to recieve some sort of correspondance when money is taken from our accounts to let us know what game it relates too. With the amount of games it is very hard to know what money is being taken and for what game, perhaps an e-mail, txt or letter or even better some way of the debit from you account saying what game it is for rather than just Aston Villa.

Regards

Ash

Hi General, you have a problem if you have as many as me !!!

excellent deal on AVTV, shows the club keeps it's promises. Keith Harris was o R5 talking about the finacial state of British football and he was so positive on Randy and eve the R5 guy who mentioned him said he was the model of owners, in these times the world is learning just who we have !!

On the finacial situation in your position as a board member of several US companies is this going to be a recession or a depression have the governments done enough ? and in fact coming from the states where I guess the majority believe in as little government intervetion as possible this must be strange times !!!

And as to the forthcoming election, polls are now showing Obama with double digit leads nationally do you feel this is a 'solid' lead and if the election was held tomorrow this lead would hold up ??

Hi General.

My first post on this thread and I would like to first of all thank you for coming on forums like this. You will inevitably get some rough patches but, it means so much for us supporters to be able to express our views to one of our club directors. Thanks General, and also to Randy and the team for all you have done for our club.

Can I just say Gen, that In my opinion, Villa should take up as much allocation as they are given for Prague. I know many people, myself included have spent alot of money and saved for this trip, and even though I have a season ticket with 2 away games from this season, it would be sad for anybody to miss out.

Thanks General, and keep up the good work.

Hi General,

Can you have a word with Randy and ask him if he has any spare seats on his jet to Prague and Hamburg? The airline companies are taking the proverbial. We'll bung him a few quid towards the fuel :winkold:

Cheers

Bully

Just so you get good feedback as well as the bad stuff....

Ordered my UEFA home tickets today and despite expecting a nightmare wait reading the things on here, I had a 5-10 minute wait an was through to a cheery chap only too pleased to help out and get it all sorted.

While I'm at it - every time I've had to deal with consumer sales - extra tickets shirts etc - it's been an effortless procedure with the person down the line very friendly (when I ordered my home shirt the chap down the line even made a joke about having Barry on the back of the shirt) - it's not something that is often the case with help/sales lines so just a little well done and thanks to all involved, I guess. It's easy to complain at times but I think it's worth saying when experiences are good too.

When I used to phone the ticket office, if it was busy you would be placed in a que and stay on the line. Now all I get is the engaged ringing tone. Any reason or is it simply because the lines are jammed full?

If I dare answer this one for you...this isn't strictly the case.

For example, say if Villa have ten telephone lines into the Consumer Sales. If there were nine people on the line and you got the tenth - you'd be put in the queue and have to wait. However, if ten people are already waiting then there is nowhere to put your call waiting, so you get chucked off. Seeing as there is a heightened interest with Season Ticket holders also needing to secure tickets those lines AVFC have are more likely to be filled, meaning it is harder to even get queuing.

I phone twice and got the engaged tone. Tried again and was then put in the queue. Nothing has changed, its has just been jammed when you tried. So it's bad for you, but good for the club I guess.

Hi General

Just wanted to post something re the UEFA Cup away tickets. I have been a season ticket holder on and off for the past 15 years, and have had my current ticket for nearly 5 now. I have been a regular at away games over the past 2 years and am a member of the away and cup schemes this season.

I am sure like many fans I am looking forward to the next round of European games and have made plans to go to both Prague and Hamburg, having already booked my flights and accomodation to Prague. I am unsure of what our allocation is for the Prague game but have read elsewhere on VT that people going on the club organised trip are gauranteed a ticket to the Prague game, even if they are not season ticket holders. Now I fully appreciate that I may not get a ticket for the game because demand may be high and other supporters may have a better booking history than myself - I can live with that to some degree. But I have to say that I would be most disappointed if I lost out because the tickets were taken up by the official trip and by fans who have not followed the team as much as I and other people have.

How are the club administering this issue? Do we allocate a percentage of tickets to the trip or are these outside of our allocation? I may just be moaning for the sake of it and will hopefully be in Prague at the game in the away rather than in a pub or the home end but I do feel it is a system that is a little unfair on those fans that travel the length and breadth of the country to follow the Villa.

Any how, all the best

Dave

General,

Just finished watching Browns beat (up) the Giants. Team looked solid all round, as we knew they were- I think it was just a matter of them believing in themselves, and I think tonight they did.

So Congratulations to Randy and yourself and here’s to the beginning of your season proper!

Not a bad way to get it going, beating the super bowl champs…and beating them well.