General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gen

Well what more can you ask really.

Seems to me that just everything is going right at the moment and long may it continue. I mean, to me, I cannot fathom this taking Shorey off, swapping Young to LB and putting NRC at RB - but, everytime - we have won - so how can you argue !!!

Anyway, my point. Carew !!. Well it has took me a while to be convinced, I always knew he had it in him, but just didn't think he was consistent enough. But this season, almost every game, he is dominant, he is working, and as a result - he is scoring - utter superb and long may it continue.

However, I would like the club (next season) to right one of the only wrongs they have done so far.

Through the ages, since the club was founded - one shirt number was sacred. One number was only given to a player that was the idol of the Holte End - and it wasn't given, it had to be earned. That number was worn by heroes from, before my time, Waring, McParland, Hitchens, Lockhead, through Gray, Withe, Saunders, McInally, Dublin. Carew has now earned the right to wear it and, in all honesty, I and many many others were disgusted (I know it is a strong word, but I really think that was the sentiment) when Harewood, an average striker that had done nothing for the club) was given the number last year, breaking that tradition.

It is time to give that No.9 back to a guy who can be a Villa hero !!!

I truly ask the club to right the only wrong you have done in my eyes

Paul

General Krulak here:

1. paulanddonya: Re. substitutions. My sense is that MON knows exactly what he is doing and why...so I will not question his rationale. He has the respect of his players and he works as hard as anyone I know in sports...he really is devoted to the job. With re. to No. 9: I confess that I never knew that No. 9 was "sacred" and I am not sure how many others associated with the Club know of that fact. If it is an obvious fact, then it was not obvious to us and no one jumped up and said "no no" when the number was given. I am not sure what can be done about it now...I doubt seriously if Carew would be interested in dumping his number right now. My sense is that we let this one play out...now is NOT the time to start a potential squabble within the squad. MON and the Team are playing as one...they are focused on each game...they are focused on being a team and not individuals. As a team, they should not be engaged over who wears what number...particularly after numbers have been assigned. Our lads are focused on team and team-mates.... I would not want to see the possibility of unintended consequences of making shirt number changes right now. At the end of the day, this is MON's call and he has made it. We support MON.

Hi General.

A quickie, and a tad stupid, but easy to deal with.

I notice that whenever I buy a ticket for a game I kept an e-mail back called 'Comfirmation E-Mail‏'. It should be 'Confirmation'.

Silly I know, but it irks me and I know we all want the club to appear as professional as possible.

Cheers.

Hi General,

We know that Randy Lerner prefers to avoid the spotlight, but this forum alone demonstrates that your good self is the spokesman for RAL and their running of the mighty AVFC.

My question is that as one to the most "colourful" directors of any football club (4 star general and Commandant of the USMC) have you been approached by any of the uk sporting media , sky sports, bbc football focus, Radio 5, etc to give an interview? Would you give an interview if asked?

Just wanted to offer up some feedback on the stewards from yesterdays game against Sunderland. A fight broke out between several people in the middle of the lower holte and 5 Rows from the back. This incident lasted for the best part of 10 mins and not one single steward came to attend. A lot of people got involved trying to diffuse the situation which could have escalated. It is very annoying when stewards are very forward in combating people smoking or standing up, yet when a serious situation occurs it is ignored.

I've had this post pointed out to me as I was involved in this “fight” on Saturday. I'd like to point out that I have been a season ticket holder in the Holte End for an unbroken 22 years and have occupied my current seat in row QQ since I bought it off-plan before the new stand was built. Never before have I been involved in something of this nature and I am extremely angry about the whole incident. I will be sending a private message to the General as I believe I have nothing to hide regarding my actions in relation to the continual provocation I had received all game.

I share your concern that no stewards got involved and I can imagine the situation was intimidating for everyone around. It is not something I am proud to have been involved in and this type of action does not belong in modern-day football which should be family entertainment.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the people around me for their involvement in calming the situation and also for the comments of support I received after the other group had left the ground. I hope the incident didn't take the gloss off another fantastic result in what is already proving an enjoyable season.

Can we stop the music being played as soon as the final whistle goes? It completely ruins the atmosphere when we've won, we've got 'Hi-ho silver lining' blaring out while the players are coming over to the Holte celebrating and the fans are trying to sing the team's praises and sing Carew's name for example. Nobody joins in with 'Hi-ho...' anyway so it would be better to just let the fans sing and leave the music off for 5 minutes

Can we stop the music being played as soon as the final whistle goes? It completely ruins the atmosphere when we've won, we've got 'Hi-ho silver lining' blaring out while the players are coming over to the Holte celebrating and the fans are trying to sing the team's praises and sing Carew's name for example. Nobody joins in with 'Hi-ho...' anyway so it would be better to just let the fans sing and leave the music off for 5 minutes

Agree totally with this. It's as annoying as ITV going to adverts when you can clearly hear fans singing away. Villa Park has the potential to be a couldron of noise, we just need to get the right balance.

Hi General

The official attendance for the Sunderland match has been showing as 38,706.

Now on the day all I could see were a few empty seats dotted here and there. If the attendance is correct there would have been over 5,500 empty seats in the ground, suirely not right?

Someone has already commented that it was a poor attendance so I think we need to clear this up

BTW my 5 yr old son and 4 yr old daughter came with me and had a fantastic time, unlike the 3 chaps who sat behind us, a bit worse for the booze and had to spend the whole game gagging themselves from swearing at players, officials etc bless them.

Thanks

General Krulak here:

1. Phumfeinz: I am sure that Nicky Keye will pick up your comment on this thread and fix the confirmation notice.

2. JohnGoodman: The artwork was done by Stephen Farthing...a member of the Royal Academy and a very dear friend of Randy. Stephen served on the Board of Directors of MBNA, Europe Bank, Ltd. when I was the Chairman and CEO....he is a superb individual. I will see if he would be willing to produce some prints....that would obviously be his call.

3. PeterWithe_shins: I have never been asked by the media and, to be honest, I am a bit like Randy. I would just as soon let actions speak for themselves.

4. Irritated13: I answered your pm on this subject. I think I have given you a good opportunity to help me sort this out.

5. Music: I will see what I can do.

6. sidcow: Unfortunately, the attendence was as stated. We have a team in the top 4, we are playing in Europe, we are playing an exciting, fast-paced brand of football, the game is on a Saturday and it is not raining...and we can't even reach 39,000. Obviously a disappointment. At the same time, I do believe that it is recognition of what the economic problems mean to all of us. Even though Randy and the Board have been very conscientious in keeping the price of tickets at some of the lowest levels in the League, the economy is what it is. I think we all hope that the action of the US Congress (the "bailout") will have a positive impact world-wide...but time will tell. We want fans to come to the games...it is important for the Squad to have fans yelling for them and, obviously, it is important for the Club. At the same time, we recognize that there are economic issues that cannot be "wished" away.

Gen

Thanks for the reply - Iknow nothing can be done now, but maybe next year.

Re the attendances, I pointed out last year - Birmingham is prodomenantly working class area. We know we are lucky compared to most but you have to face facts, three games in 7 days no matter how cheap still amounts to a lot of dosh !!

All I , and others can ask is you continue to be mindful when setting prices. Even when we get the big guys - if we have Man U in the league on the Sat, AC Milan on the Thur, and Arsenal on the Sun - no matter how big the names are - you can only afford so much. And in this way - I am dreading us getting Champions League !!

However, I am sure you will so hopefully there is nowt to worry about.

General

Can I just thank you so much for taking the time out to ring my son to wish him a Happy Birthday. As you know he's been through a tough year and your call is something that has put a huge smile on his face and also on mine seeing him so happy.

This to me is what makes Villa so special. It's so family orientated and people go out of their way to help each other when they can. I'm so glad the club was taken over by people who care about the fans :-)

Thank you a million times again :-)

General, I understand there are laws and such like that have to be followed. But I don't think anyone would complain if the club gave those lads who were fighting in the lower Holte an opportunity to sort things out in a proper and adult way without police involvement. Football is a very emotive sport and sometimes people get carried away. It's a tribal thing.

general, just want to give my thanks to whoever at the club decided to do the 4 tickets for £20 in the lower north for thursdays game

at least someone at VP realises that an extra 10k fans paying £5 less is better than 10k fans staying at home, man city and pompeys uefa attendances have been embarrassing hope we can create some atmosphere and do well

General, haven't seen this mentioned yet on this thread so I would just like to voice my appreciation for the new website 'A Night To Remember'.

I think this is a very good idea and watching some of the clips on there certainly brings back some memories and ups' the heartbeat slightly. It's good to have somewhere to group all the videos together, rather than spotting them scattered around on YouTube.

Just one suggestion, perhaps it would be an idea to put a brief caption alongside each video, explaining the history and significance of the clip? I know this is on the main site with the news post, but it would be easier if it was alongside the vid.

Many thanks for your continued posting on this site and I couldn't be happier with everything at the moment.

UTV

:flag: