General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Now then General,

I need a bit of advice if i may. I bought a Villa home shirt about a month ago from a store in Leeds (should have got it from the OS i know). Now i have washed the shirt a couple of times without having any problems but after its latest wash it, seems to have shrunk. I usually do the washing but this time the missus did it and swears she did it on 30 (she is ultra energy efficient and environmentally aware).

The shirt is as good as wrecked. I have been buying villa shirts for nearly 15 years and have never experienced anything like it before.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen? Do you think my missus really just hates my love for villa and sneaked it in a 90 degree wash?

Im just a bit upset, like a said, our lass swears it was on a normal wash and now i am without my prize piece of clothing for 5-a-side tomorrow night and my trisp to hamburg and prague :| :| :| .

Any suggestions/views/comments and is there anyone at the club i can talk to about this or as it was not bought direct, would the club not want to know? consumer Law says that it is the shop that should be the one to deal with the issue and that you should complain to. In the instance of Villa shirts, Nike make them, shops (including Villa's) sell them. AVFC is not legally liable in any way. Blandy

UP THE VILLA AND THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

p.s i have seen villa shirts on sale inthe centre of milan in italy and munich in germany, what a great time it is to be a villa fan, i keep having to pinch myself. Thanks for everthing you do/have done and in advance for everything im sure you and the new guys will do. I love this football club as do thousands of others. (except the missus of course)

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

With the blackburn home game being on a wednesday night and in the middle of people forking out a lot for european games it has the potential to be the lowest gate of the season by some way.

Are you aware that all the kids are off for half term and maybe a great chance to do a special offer for under 16,s.

10,000 empty seats or kids for a quid ?

Cheers.

Gen,

Just a quick question. How is Freddy Bouma doing?

I'm sure the General can answer this in more detail, but he was at VP on Saturday, looking (and walking) pretty well.

Posed for a few photo's, signed autographs etc. Considering his accident was 2 months ago, and now walking with crutches, I'll say he is doing pretty well.

Hi General

i need some help regarding the away scheme

I go the villa in a group of 3 and we're all in the away scheme, however, when the tickets are sent they come in a 2 and then a couple of days later a single. This means our seats are no where near each other

after every instance of this we have gone to the ticket shop and explained, and they say the same thing 'ok well put a note on your account' but it only happens again next time

is there someone i can call to finally resolve this?

cheers

General.

When you find the person who threw the coin could you make his name public and publish it to the media, people who behave in this way should be publically humilated and named and shamed.

General,

Not only do I back this up but I'd go further and put their name and photo on the big screens so we all know who the poltroon was

Hi General

I go the villa in a group of 3 and we're all in the away scheme, however, when the tickets are sent they come in a 2 and then a couple of days later a single. This means our seats are no where near each other

after every instance of this we have gone to the ticket shop and explained, and they say the same thing 'ok well put a note on your account' but it only happens again next time

cheers

You need to contact Nicky Keye or Nav at the Ticket Office - I had the same problem this season too - as did some other people I know of. Nickyand Nav certainly sorted my problem out although it took to the Chelsea game to sort it.

cheers HEV, shall i just call the usual ticket number and ask for them or can you PM the right number?

cheers please use the pm facility for this kind of thing next time - this thread is for General Krulak. Thanks .Blandy

Hello General

I just wanted to say that I loved the "covert" filming of Randy shown on Match Of The Day this week. I don't know what he was doing, preparing some food or something but what I do know is that most billionaire owners of footbal clubs would have said "I am a billionaire owner of this football club, I do not do this sort of thing" and just called in someone to do the manual labour. Randy obviously just saw a job that needed doing and got on with it. Top man I say!

Whilst writing, it has come to my attention that Randy is renovating a farmhouse on the edge of the village where my wife grew up. In fact she has stayed in Randy's house but I forgive him for that. In fact anytime!

I would like to apologise in advance to Randy for my mother in law who is pretty much the social supervisor in the village, I am sorry for the constant invites to cheese and wine evenings, fetes and other typical village entertainments which he will probably be bombarded with.

Anyway thanks for continuing to do such a top job

Now then General,

I need a bit of advice if i may. I bought a Villa home shirt about a month ago from a store in Leeds (should have got it from the OS i know). Now i have washed the shirt a couple of times without having any problems but after its latest wash it, seems to have shrunk. I usually do the washing but this time the missus did it and swears she did it on 30 (she is ultra energy efficient and environmentally aware).

The shirt is as good as wrecked. I have been buying villa shirts for nearly 15 years and have never experienced anything like it before.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen? Do you think my missus really just hates my love for villa and sneaked it in a 90 degree wash?

Im just a bit upset, like a said, our lass swears it was on a normal wash and now i am without my prize piece of clothing for 5-a-side tomorrow night and my trisp to hamburg and prague :| :| :| .

Any suggestions/views/comments and is there anyone at the club i can talk to about this or as it was not bought direct, would the club not want to know?

UP THE VILLA AND THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

p.s i have seen villa shirts on sale inthe centre of milan in italy and munich in germany, what a great time it is to be a villa fan, i keep having to pinch myself. Thanks for everthing you do/have done and in advance for everything im sure you and the new guys will do. I love this football club as do thousands of others. (except the missus of course)

re to this - I am sure I am washing my shirt on a 30 but the colour is running into my lettering on the back of my shirt which is puzzling.

Hi General

cheers

I'm in the away scheme this season with one mate and we have never had tickets next to each other. We rang up a few times but don't bother anymore.

Morning General

I'd just like to register my anger that I am now travelling to Prague alone because my father, who called the ticket office this morning to book for both, was not allowed a ticket. He has ten away tickets to his name, but has not been given a ticket because Wigan "doesn't count". To make it worse, the next step down is where all and sundry with 5 tickets can book - I'm sure you'll agree that 10 aways (even if one hasn't actually been played yet) should put him above that grouping.

A little respect and common sense would've been nice. I'm disappointed in the extreme.

Chris

Don't think that's a question for the General really - it's obviously talk of a bad washing machine (if it was washed at 30 I mean) or a bad product and thus you should contact the store you purchased it from. Guess that happens sometimes unfortunately. All I know is that the facbrics in Nike kits are not likely to shrink, they are made by fabrics to endure tough treatment and dry fast.

General,

I live in Finland and went to the game vs Pompey with my family. We all had a lovely time, not least thanks to your Radio Villan man Steve Trueman, who is a real top man regarding arranging things for visitors from abroad.

However, we went to the city centre club shop on the Sunday (19:th) at 3:15 pm, just to find it closed at 3 pm. That was a big disappointment, since www.avfc.co.uk stated the shop would be open to 4pm! Home page and reality must be synchronized, especially since we would have emptied our wallets :)

I hope the club can rectify this, so that other people from outside Birmingham are not met with a closed sign.

It appears that the Prague ticket allocation is going to be sold out v v quick. Can we ask for more as there are 100's of us who have got flights and are now ticketless. We're still going but would obviously love to see the game. Is there anything you can do as I'm sure we'd get more if we asked......

General.

When you find the person who threw the coin could you make his name public and publish it to the media, people who behave in this way should be publically humilated and named and shamed.

General,

Not only do I back this up but I'd go further and put their name and photo on the big screens so we all know who the poltroon was

General,

Whoever did the coin throwing is probably wishing to god he or she had not . People can do very stupid things in the heat of the moment .

The person in question has family and friends who would suffer with any naming and shaming , maybe given the chance 50p man would dearly like to put right what he has done wrong because he cant live with the guilt ?

General

This has been kindly posted by a Hamburg fan on the site:

Important information for Ajax Amsterdam and Aston Villa supporters:

Due to UEFA safety-regulations we hereby inform you, that we won´t process any online-bookings for away-supporters during the UEFA-Cup group stage. All bookings from abroad therefore will be cancelled. For ticket bookings we kindly ask you to contact your club. Please be aware, that away-supporters buying tickets in other areas will be expelled from the stadium!

Thank you very much for your understanding & cooperation.

---------

Myself and 7 others have booked flights and travel for the game (all of us season ticket holders bar one lad who shares a season ticket with his Dad) All told with hotels we have spent over £3000 to follow the Villa. I have seen how many people have struggled to get tickets for Prague and I hope the club asks Hamburg for more tickets than the paltry 1500 we have for the Slavia game. Talking to people before the game on Sat I would say more pople are planning the Hamburg trip than Prague.

Can you put my mind at ease that we will be ok to get tickets having already spent the money to go? It would be awful if their are many of us ticketless on the night of the game.

Thanks