General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

Can I suggest, if you haven't already, that you keep your busy diary free for a couple of forthcoming UEFA games. Looking at our prospective opponents there are some mouth watering ties, all the more so given our lengthy absence from Europe. You MUST do an away game, following Villa abroad is second to none and after all you're the man when it comes to overseas tours :winkold:

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put simply: Extra games = higher profit on the Profit and Loss account (assuming prize money from UEFA, gate reciepts and extra revenues generated from games are more than the cost of staging the game).

This profit is reflected on the balance sheet as a capital amount to balance the increase in net assets (bank balance, new player, etc etc) or a decrase in a net liabilities they have used the extra revenue to pay off (eg. amount owing to Newcastle United for Jimmy Milner)

Assuming AVFC use UK GAAP to prepare their accounts, thats how it affects the balance sheet.

I take it AVFC budgeted for at least the UEFA cup group stages this season, so even smaller attendences in the group stages aren't anything to worry about because I guarentee there will be higher attendences in UEFA from now on and Randy's accountants would have that well figured out!!

Its all good!!

General Krulak here:

1. FIRST AND FOREMOST, we recognize we had a major problem with the live stream yesterday. We recognized we had problems from the beginning and worked to correct them throughout the game and after. I was getting updates on the problem until 2:00 am UK time. The issue was two-fold: a) a technical problem and B) a communications problem with the provider. The issue was further clouded by what appears to have been a "rogue" stream which, at one point, was going out to over 3000 viewers. The stream was accessed by ripping off the feed coming out of Villa Park and going to Bulgaria. I will be back on this site with a fuller explanation later today. We are VERY sorry about this.

2. More games= more revenue. This is good.

3. Ticket problem. Yes, we had mechanical problems with tickets...thus causing queues. We continue to test the system before each game but sometimes, like noted above, "gremlins" take over and make things difficult. We are working to discover what caused the problem and sort it.

I was queuing to pick up my ticket for ages last night in the Holte car park!

Should of got there earlier I suppose but I've never seen queues that long to pick up tickets!

Keep up the good work though, I am loving the way the club is being run at the moment.

General Krulak here:

1. Update on the TV stream problem: The problem turned out to be a failed piece of hardware...the failure coming at kickoff time. This failure resulted in no streaming of audio commentary to go with the footage. The provider assured AVFC that they tested for both audio and visual before the game and everything was working perfectly. Hardware failure occured at kick off. NO excuses...just providing what we learned.

So will there be a refund in place for the people who paid £2 to watch about 15 minutes with sound? I didn't watch it myself as I was at the game but I'm a subscriber to AVTV and it's been known to have problems at the best of times.

Hi General who should I contact at VP concerning my AVTV World account because I pay annual subscription by DDR and yet all of a sudden I can't log in. I didn't see any of last night's game or the commentary but this has been like this for a few days. I thought it was a temporary fault and would right itself..AVTV is saying I am not registered. An contact or email address would be useful

Many tx for all your hard work again.

edited:- Hi again General. Please ignore my request. I've managed to get to the bottom of the problem online. It appears the problem may have been caused by me moving house and not updating my card details online. I've now rectified this and made sure the DDR details are filled in correctly. AVTV is now working fine at the moment.

General, can i ask what percentage of my AVTV fee goes into the club, rather than to the website people? If most of it goes into the club then i will keep my subscription as i have no problem with the money going to a good cause, if most of it goes to some lazy arse who cant do his/her job properly then i don't think it's really worth £4 a month.

Hi General

I know this has been discussed before in the past however I feel I should raise the issue again.

The sound system at VP is awful.

I sit in the Trinity Road stand, middle tier.

On Saturday against Sunderland and again on Wednesday, the sound levels from the PA system were excruciatingly high. Coupled with the poor quality sound from the speakers which distort noise to such a degree that music is just torture to the ears.

It has become a big issue not only for me but for many people who sit around me.

Can you answer and action the items below:

1. When will this PA system be finally replaced with a better quality one?

2. Until the above happens can you instruct the presentation people to ensure that sound levels are sufficient for people to hear but do not cause discomfort which at present they do for a lot of people especially the very young and elderly.

I would go as far to say that this issue is the only thing which let's our great stadium down in my opinion.

Many thanks for your time General. Please keep up the great work.

UTV

General Krulak here:

1. Update on the TV stream problem: The problem turned out to be a failed piece of hardware...the failure coming at kickoff time. This failure resulted in no streaming of audio commentary to go with the footage. The provider assured AVFC that they tested for both audio and visual before the game and everything was working perfectly. Hardware failure occured at kick off. NO excuses...just providing what we learned.

General,

I invested £1.99 and would appreciate a refund. I don't expect things in life to work like clockwork, just that companies and organisations atone for their mistakes when they are made.

Hi General,

Just wondered if you had any idea if and when the 'third kid' (last seasons away kit with Acorns I believe you said before) was going to come out?

If I remember correctly the black one last year came out about the beginning of November time? (I think it was around then because people were wearing at Blues away!)

Are we looking at a similair release date this year? And any word on the pricing of it?

Thanks.

I found this in the John Carew Carew thread. My sense tells me that it was supposed to be on this thread.

General Krulak here:'

1. As a Villa Fan, I was disappointed in today's result. I guess this is one of those where you just put it behind you, learn from it, and focus on the next game. MON will sort this out.

2. TheCaptain: We absolutely recognize that the sound system is poor. We started to work on it his summer and before too long realized that it was not just a matter of newer hardware but that the entire guts of the system needed replacement. The cost was outside the budget for this year so we made as many changes and fixes as possible but left the total replacement until later. We DO recognize the importance of this issue and we will fix it.

3. hobbo and others: Please watch the OS for information on what the Club will be doing as a result of the loss of video and audio on the stream coming out of last Thursday's game. We will be making amends.

4. ianrobo1: After today's game, I needed something to bring a smile to my face. The videos were great. As others have said, they are the future of Villa.

hi general, sorry its a bit delayed but from last weeks UEFA cup game, i commented before how the 4 for £20 was a simply brilliant idea

however one refreshment stand to then serve the entire (im assuming it sold out) lower north stand? it was ridiculous and questionable as to whether or not it posed a health and safety risk, ive never seen so many people trying to get a burger in my life! it lacked a fair bit of common sense on the clubs behalf IMO