General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello General,

The Holte Pub

My girlfriend works at Villa Park as she has told me just how unsuccessful it has been to fill the Holte Pub on a consistant basis. May i suggest the Villa actually treat this more like a pub and not a posh bar? This is something that puts a lot of Villa fans off.

Also, instead of this lottery thing on match days have Villa thought about having a first come first entrance system in the Holte? That way people that do like the place will pack the place out to the rafters on matchdays and it will probably have a knock on effect in midweek when the pub is empty and just losing money.

Tickets

I would like to give credit to who evers idea it was to do the combo deal for the two uefa cup fixtures. Im a season ticket holder and go to over 50% of away games a season im just gutted im gonna miss the biggest european night at Villa park for a long time when we play Ajax due to a holiday.

Atmosphere

Now on Villatalk, my website (i know your know my website) and numerous over Villa websites a lot of fans moan about the lack of songs at Villa Park. In the paper i read this week that Bolton are helping the fans to create a better atmosphere at the Reebok by giving out songsheets and a free pint to there first so many in the ground. I was thinking Villa should look into doing something like the songsheets for games? Hopefully that way some new songs will be sung in the Holte End and generate a even better atmosphere down Villa Park?

Hi general, me again

I rang up yesterday morning to order my friends Ajax and Zilina tickets and it went through ok., come to £26.50 for both...then I checked my internet banking in the afternoon and it said they'd took 1 payment of £26.50...then another of £30...then another of £1.50...so I was like what!! and rang them back up moaning saying I want a refund on the prices they'd wrongly charged me, and they said they would refund me and do the tickets again. (I ordered 1 set of Young Adult tickets but they ordered 1 set of Young Adult tickets and 1 set of adult tickets)... HOWEVER - because my bank was already overdrawn due to them taking too much out and me paying bills this morning (I transferred the EXACT amount into my bank to cover it) it wouldnt let me do it..so now I'm skint with no money until that gets refunded in 5-7 days, meaning that my friend has lost his tickets and they will now be sold on to someone else, and I'm in the red with my bank now having to pay overdraft charges! I moaned at Villa saying I expect them to pay my fees off and some kind of compensation like a free ticket or something but they were having none of it.

Take nothing away from SOME of the service though. A lady called Sheila assisted me and rang me back several times to check everything was OK and to tell me the status on the seats. I found her very helpful. If you ever get the time please pass my thanks on to her, she's extension 464.

Hello General,

The Holte Pub

Also, instead of this lottery thing on match days have Villa thought about having a first come first entrance system in the Holte? That way people that do like the place will pack the place out to the rafters on matchdays and it will probably have a knock on effect in midweek when the pub is empty and just losing money.

have to agree with this...

if it wasnt invitation only, then i would probably drink in there before every match, rather than in the yew tree...

havent actually had an invitation yet either...

General,

I hope the scoundrel who threw anything at the lino is banned for life.

I second that. A number of people must know who he/she is. I detest Redknapp as much as the next man but this is bang out of order and undoes all the hard work that MON, Randy, The General and the team have all done.

A suggestion for the Holte Pub - why not have a simple website that allows people to reserve their entry for an upcoming game. It could go "live" say a week before a fixture for people with tickets to register. Those who don't have Internet access could text a number.

People would give their seat number or booking reference.

By only allowing people to express their interest in turning up say a week before the match, it allows:

a) eager season ticket holders to gain access (a whole week before a game, fewer tickets would have been sold)

B) people who are very eager to go have the opportunity to confirm they're going up to a week in advance (possibly increasing likelihood of turning up)

Now out of 40,000 people many will obviously be disappointed, but at least this way it rewards those who buy tickets early and show an interest in going to the pub.

Disgusted by the coin incident today General, such a thing is well below a great club like ours. When the person responsible is found and I fully expect they will be I hope the club will issue a statement naming and shaming them. Seeing a name dragged deservedly through the mud will make people think twice before doing something stupid in future.

General Krulak here:

1. don't_do_it_doug: We do not schedule the location of games...when it comes time for us to host a reserve game, we eagerly do it.

2. avillafan: Not sure exactly what you are saying...the Holte is a pub...not a posh bar. The fact that it is very nice inside and serves good food at fair prices does not take away from its "pubness." The Holte cannot be "filled to the rafters"...we WISH it could but it can't. We are restricted by the fire code as to how many people can be in the Holte at any one time. We ARE filled to capacity every game day...capacity dictated by the B'ham fire department. During the week the Holte is NOT filled...we understand that and lament the fact. It is a great place to bring friends and family to enjoy the Villa Park experience. It is hard to come up with a scheme to make sure we fill the Holte on game day...we do know that 1st come, 1st serve is NOT the way to do it. It places the stewards/ushers in an untenable situation of being "counters", enforcers, etc. NOT good.

3. Songs: I have addressed this issue many times. We will be more than happy to produce song sheets BUT, we need the fans to give us the songs!! We have raised this at the SCG meetings but to no avail. It should not be up to the Club to start determing what songs the fans sing...that should be up to the fans.

4. sellyoakvilla: I will pass on your thanks to Sheila and pass your other remarks on to Nicky Keye.

5. The Game: Not much to say. I thought Petrov played extremely well. We need to focus on Ajax now.

Hi general, thanks for your reply.

Managed to get my friend's seats sorted now for both Uefa games as I managed to sort something out with my bank and debit card.

This needs to be looked at though to prevent it happening in the future for other fans as it's been a stressful couple of days for me and don't want the same happening to anyone else!!

Hi General

An unusual amount of top executives in Birmingham from Vegas this week.

You are in the entertainment business, they are in the entertainment business, any connection?

Or are they just here to buy SHA?

Guest Ricardomeister

General, re Sellyoakvilla's problem, I had something similar for the Odense game when I was debited £999.00 for my ticket!.....after the initial panic which sent me overdrawn for the first time ever with my bank, I wondered whether you had secretly employed Karren Brady!! :winkold:

I managed to get the bank to refund the overdraft charge and Sheila sorted free tickets for the game and a full refund. I chose to be philosophical and was happy with the way it was finally sorted as mistakes happen but maybe someone needs to check the computer system.

General,

I phoned up Villa on thursday and booked my Ajax/Zilina tickets for me and my brother, £30 + £20....this morning I checked my bank online and see that as well as these payments they have also taken an extra £19????

I just rang the ticket office and the explained and the lady took my card details, then gave me the name of someone else who that card is registered to!!!???

They have said the girl I spoke to used my details for someone elses transaction?!?!?

Im waiting for a call back now from the manager but i am fuming.

Its only £19 and it'll be refunded but mistakes like this should NOT happen.

Gen

Todays game - frustrating I think sums it up nicely.

Thursday - gotta ask - why are the club charging £5 for a programme on Thursday - totally steep to me, and means I won't be buying one. Bad move !!

i agree that a fiver is steep, but i would still be buying one just for keep-sakes. Howeveer, it says in the pompey programme and on the OS, it says you will save 50p of the cover price, surely that means it should only cost £2?