General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some journalists saying liverpool desperate to shift Andy Carroll.

It's a player we should be in for.

Not if Lambo doesn't want him or rate him, and he doesn't fit with the style of play he's going for.

He'd be ideal for West Ham though

Agree, a team with ambition.

Oh God, not that word again.

SOOO were stuck with hutton and warnock, not even a sniff of transfers for these two

Their a legacy of previous bad management decisions. Thankfully its seems to be a case of lesson learnt. I am more than happy with our new, sustainable approach to transfers. I honestly wouldn't swap places with Qpr, esteban granerro and all.

I want to see a team spirit at Villa which requires honesty of effort first and foremost. It may take time but we need to start now. I want to see the required intensity in every performance. The results will follow.

Like with randy and doug I'm seeing the hypocrisy on VT rise again.

Survival was not good enough with Mcleish, nearly everyone said on here that we shouldn't have been worried about relegation with the squad he had.

We now have a better manager and I'm sure some would say an improved squad and now survival is not only more than acceptable it's the aim for the season.

:?

And what is it you're expecting this season from a team which has had major changes and a lot of youth brought into it?

Surely this team is one getting ready for 2 years time, not now. You come across as if you're expecting a top 10 finish this season.

You think I expect top 10? I think at the moment it looks like another relegation battle for us.

I'm asking why that wasn't acceptable under Mcleish but is more than acceptable under Lambert? And some have suggested getting relegated is completely acceptable! How could doing worse than Mcleish possibly be acceptable?

John, I was thinking the same as you after the first two league games. I have second thoughts though. I mean, the last two years have been dreadful but they were not played under Lambert's management so we have to be fair and give this guy chance to show what he can do with the players.

I know that Lowton hasn't looked the best and Lambert's team selection left a lot to be desired but we all have to hope that things change with a few games under their belts. I guess we are perhaps a little bit afraid of the fact the players coming in are not what is known as "world class" but even that type of player takes time to settle in! Maybe, just maybe, these guys will be so eager to please that they actually do not take as long to settle in and look good very early in their careers at Villa.

I know we all want to see multi-million pound signings but maybe Lambert doesn't want to work with that type of player? Maybe he prefers to work with younger, more hungry players?

I have had a change of heart and I am going to try to not speak so soon after a poor result and try to take stock of it all. I am going to give the new look squad/manager time to settle down and gel and see where we are in the next transfer window.

UP THE VILLA!!

Maybee not the right tread but we've apparently spent £201 million on transfers during the last 10 years.

1. Chelsea 673

2. Man City 572

3. Liverpool 414

4. Man United 352

5. Tottenham 350

6. Arsenal 214

7. Aston Villa 201

Hard to imagine when you look at our squad...

Full list:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/transfer_talk/136756/chelsea-top-the-spending-charts-as-transfer-window-deals-hit-4-4bn-in-10-years.html

Clear enough? Or shall i draw you both a picture?

My post was a general attempt at lightening the mood a little not an attempt to have a dig at you or what you posted (apologies if it came across that way).

echo this

Andy Carroll will end up at Newcastle for about 18m. I doubt he will go to West Ham. Maybe we tried but he wanted more money than we could afford or were prepared to pay as we can get 2 or 3 players in with the money. Maybe if we weren't in desperate need of more players we would have signed one marquee striker like Carroll.

However, we are bottom of the league and lacking quality in key areas so rightly looking at a few players.

Just a theory. Probably shit.

Maybee not the right tread but we've apparently spent £201 million on transfers during the last 10 years.

1. Chelsea 673

2. Man City 572

3. Liverpool 414

4. Man United 352

5. Tottenham 350

6. Arsenal 214

7. Aston Villa 201

Full list:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/transfer_talk/136756/chelsea-top-the-spending-charts-as-transfer-window-deals-hit-4-4bn-in-10-years.html

I'd like to also see a table for player sales. I'd imagine Arsenal would top that.

I'm glad with how we're doing things, its clear we dont want to end up with players like Warnock and Hutton over the coming years.

Shit players on big contracts that nobody will touch, i dont think anyone we've signed could be put in that bracket.

At little less risky yes but if it means we're not stuck with bad eggs then so be it.

I could see some Villa fans creaming themselves if we were QPR right now.

Neil Moxley claims we're in for Spearing

Vomit.

IF we are in for him, then I'm sure its because PL has seen something in him.

I'll mention again that Everton have players like Gibson that were shouted down on here when linked to us.

IF we are after Spearing, I'm sure he wouldn't cost too much or be at the expense of anyone else.

Benayoun is a short term solution.

But in the desperate situation we're in I'd take him.

Aye, he is a short term solution, but if the player we want isn't out there/available then I guess it's the best option.

1. Chelsea 673

2. Man City 572

3. Liverpool 414

4. Man United 352

5. Tottenham 350

6. Arsenal 214

7. Aston Villa 201

Full list:

Just shows how much money we have spunked up the wall and achieved bugger all.