General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I think Walcott will end up going to Chelsea and Sturridge to Arsenal as part of the deal.

Mata Hazard and Walcott behind Torres.

Sounds good to me. If I was a Chelsea fan that is....

Would imagine Essien is on around 90k a week at Chelsea?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way. My mates got to go pitchside last night and were talking to some staff. They were told we expect 3 signings at least.

MYSTERYMAN is offering an opinion that it's a bit late. I disagree. We havent just started the ball rolling with these deals by what I can gather, they've been ongoing for a while.

It may be we were willing to risk not getting them if negotiations didn't go how we wanted but now we're more keen to get them done.

I'd absolutely love Walcott but he'd probably have better offers at the moment.

Weirdly, I could see Man UTD selling Nani and bringing in Walcott. Walcott provided a lot of goals Van Persie and Nani has been poor lately. He'd only be used as an impact player there.

I think he'd have far more attractive offers than us. Though, would love him here.

Nani to villa?!?! Now your taking the piss

Weirdly, I could see Man UTD selling Nani and bringing in Walcott. Walcott provided a lot of goals Van Persie and Nani has been poor lately. He'd only be used as an impact player there.

I think he'd have far more attractive offers than us. Though, would love him here.

Seems Legit.

Where did he say that?

Essien is being talked about in regards to going to Turkey ffs. I think we're a better prospect than that.

Besides which, he's not going to figure at Chelsea any more so why not give it a go? It's not the same as going after Messi is it?

Huntelaar and VDV are not feasible. Walcott just about on the edge of feasibility. All depends on our ambition.

If Lerner wanted to splash out on one big signing its perhaps doable although highly unlikely. Stop talking bollocks every time a player's name comes up as if we're some no mark championship club.

Im sorry, but in what way are we a better prospect then Fenerbahce?

They are a bigger more successfull club based in a bigger town with more fans and more money and with a much better squad who frequently play in the CL or Europa League. Yes the PL is better then the turkish league but that's about it. No way would he choose us before Fener even if we had the money to pay his salary

If we put in a good bid and offered decent wages, I could see us being able to get Lennon if he really is unwanted at Tottenham. A marquee signing as such, probably won't happen I know, and it baffles me if he really isn't wanted at Spurs since he did a really good job for them last season IIRC.

Other clubs that would be in for him such as Sunderland have already spent a fortune this window, Everton are apparently low on funds, and I could only see Swansea going in for him if the Sinclair move to City goes through.

Essien is not the player he was, Chelsea fans can't wait to get rid of him. He's probably not even half the player any more, just utter crap and probably needs to find a new league to find himself again.

Yep he just needs a club to pay for the last few years of his career, I'm glad its not us. He's had his day.

Essien is being talked about in regards to going to Turkey ffs. I think we're a better prospect than that.

Besides which, he's not going to figure at Chelsea any more so why not give it a go? It's not the same as going after Messi is it?

Huntelaar and VDV are not feasible. Walcott just about on the edge of feasibility. All depends on our ambition.

If Lerner wanted to splash out on one big signing its perhaps doable although highly unlikely. Stop talking bollocks every time a player's name comes up as if we're some no mark championship club.

Im sorry, but in what way are we a better prospect then Fenerbahce?

They are a bigger more successfull club based in a bigger town with more fans and more money and with a much better squad who frequently play in the CL or Europa League. Yes the PL is better then the turkish league but that's about it. No way would he choose us before Fener even if we had the money to pay his salary

I'm not sure about a bigger or more successful club but you already answered the point. The premier league is far more prestigious than Turkey. That's why so many of the best players are here and players want to come here. We could then, feasibly contest him leaving the best league in the world to go to one of minor consideration.

We could pay him a lot of money if we wanted to. If we felt it was justified.

I do not agree at all that it would be straightforward that he would choose them over us.

Sorry, I was still talking about Walcott.

If we put in a good bid and offered decent wages, I could see us being able to get Lennon if he really is unwanted at Tottenham. A marquee signing as such, probably won't happen I know, and it baffles me if he really isn't wanted at Spurs since he did a really good job for them last season IIRC.

Other clubs that would be in for him such as Sunderland have already spent a fortune this window, Everton are apparently low on funds, and I could only see Swansea going in for him if the Sinclair move to City goes through.

Yeah can see Lennon wanting to leave champions league chasing tottenham to join relegation battling Villa for alot less wages, yeah i can see it as well!

This is quite fun reading some of the 'serious' suggestions on here