General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

The thing with Norwich they also had 2 years of great momentum and the confidence in the squad would have been sky high.

We have had 2 years of dropping fast and imagine confidence is pretty low, regardless of what the official website interviews say.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying from the lower leagues is worth it anyway, aside from the players being cheaper, they want to play in the PL, they will come for lower wages, they will work harder to become better players and finally, if they do, do well, we can sell them for a large profit.

We could/should be the UK version of Udinese.

It's all starting to look a little desperate if I'm honest.

We'd be better off spending the money on trying to pinch Palacios from Stoke.

Yes because nothing will wash off the stench of desperation like buying Palacios from Stoke. If we can get him in the rest of Europe will have no choice but to sit up and take notice. :|

I see people are still judging players before they've even signed for us. It seems like if you're from a lower league, abroad or don't cost much you must be shit...

Yep, people wanted players in, we are getting players in yet they still moan. You can't win.

Just came on to say the exact same thing, it's ridiculous. Not just on here but twitter too, that site is getting on my tits lately. May unfollow the majority and stick to proper accounts such as ilikegirlsdaily and nandos.

But i'll stick with everyones favourite ITK for sure. Just retweeted the following, only passing it on cos i'm bored.

Transfer Rumours ‏@TransferNews_TR

Christian Benteke Looks like a done deal, rumours saying a deal around 5.5million, a contract believed to be up to 4 years. #AVFC

Robert Jones‏@JonesR19

Benteke and Bennett signing for Villa in the next 24 hours. 6 and 4 million fees. 4 and 3 year deals. @AVFCOfficial @Crippy4Villa #AVFC

Retweeted by Dave Beeston

I see the panic button has already been pushed by some after 2 league games.

Dear oh **** dear!

To be fair i think the 2 seasons in a row of us nearly getting relegated and us not improving the team enough during the summer might play at least a small part in people panicing

Let PL do his job, there are and always has been more than one way to make a sucsessfull team, we tried the buy established premership players and we are still paying for it... Now lets give PL the time to build from scratch... He knows the lower leagues... If we finish 16th or 9th doesnt really matter for me as long as there is a plan for the future...

It's all starting to look a little desperate if I'm honest.

We'd be better off spending the money on trying to pinch Palacios from Stoke.

Yes because nothing will wash off the stench of desperation like buying Palacios from Stoke. If we can get him in the rest of Europe will have no choice but to sit up and take notice. :|

I don't really think that's in our remit at the present time.

2 Sentences, 2 rounds of sarcasm. Atleast try to be constructive with your posts.

So are we now looking for reasons WHY lambert is going to fail with us , just checking on what the current debate was..

Nope thats not what i am doing anyway. I think Lambert is a quality manager and his hands are tied.

What i am saying is we need a couple of premership experienced players who we have a realistic chance of getting with the wages we are paying. The likes of Jamie O'Hara. Not world beaters but would do a job.

I see the panic button has already been pushed by some after 2 league games.

Dear oh **** dear!

To be fair i think the 2 seasons in a row of us nearly getting relegated and us not improving the team enough during the summer might play at least a small part in people panicing

But we've played 2 games!?!? :?