General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To come on here this morning and suggest Walcott & Essien and then tell other to "stop talking bollocks" ??

Someone has hit the drinks cabinet early.

Yes, what we need is some CI "reality" like suggesting Owen Hargreaves and Michael Owen on pay if you can walk deals, David Murphy, Danny Murphy and other such quality signings only a troll or a moron would suggest.

Reading Fulham have enquired about Mark Noble as he is in his last year of his contract...always rated him and adds a bit of creativity in the centre we need. £3 - £4 million he aint bad and at 25 is a good age. Lee (south korean) from Bolton as well is a player we should be in for to add to the midfield. Prob cost around £5-6 million but he is a good player and is realistic.

Essien is being talked about in regards to going to Turkey ffs. I think we're a better prospect than that.

Besides which, he's not going to figure at Chelsea any more so why not give it a go? It's not the same as going after Messi is it?

Huntelaar and VDV are not feasible. Walcott just about on the edge of feasibility. All depends on our ambition.

If Lerner wanted to splash out on one big signing its perhaps doable although highly unlikely. Stop talking bollocks every time a player's name comes up as if we're some no mark championship club.

Im sorry, but in what way are we a better prospect then Fenerbahce?

They are a bigger more successfull club based in a bigger town with more fans and more money and with a much better squad who frequently play in the CL or Europa League. Yes the PL is better then the turkish league but that's about it. No way would he choose us before Fener even if we had the money to pay his salary

I'm not sure about a bigger or more successful club but you already answered the point. The premier league is far more prestigious than Turkey. That's why so many of the best players are here and players want to come here. We could then, feasibly contest him leaving the best league in the world to go to one of minor consideration.

We could pay him a lot of money if we wanted to. If we felt it was justified.

I do not agree at all that it would be straightforward that he would choose them over us.

Well Dirk Kyut, Moussa Sow, Mehmet Topal and Milos Krasic would all disagree. They chose Fener despite interest from PL teams

Which PL teams wanted them and how badly? Did the PL clubs get anywhere near the wages Fenerbache were offering to make it a legitimate choice?

Not that I really want to get embroilled in a discussion about a deal which is highly unlikely and theoretical anyway.

You think its a straightforward decision, all things being more or less equal, I don't.

Essien is being talked about in regards to going to Turkey ffs. I think we're a better prospect than that.

Besides which, he's not going to figure at Chelsea any more so why not give it a go? It's not the same as going after Messi is it?

Huntelaar and VDV are not feasible. Walcott just about on the edge of feasibility. All depends on our ambition.

If Lerner wanted to splash out on one big signing its perhaps doable although highly unlikely. Stop talking bollocks every time a player's name comes up as if we're some no mark championship club.

Walcott wouldn't come to Villa in a million years - no chance

I said it was highly unlikely didn't I?

*Insert players name* wouldn't come to Villa in *insert astronomical length of time/unlikely event* - *insert unnecessary reinforcement of point*.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Which PL teams wanted them and how badly? Did the PL clubs get anywhere near the wages Fenerbache were offering to make it a legitimate choice?

Not that I really want to get embroilled in a discussion about a deal which is highly unlikely and theoretical anyway.

You think its a straightforward decision, all things being more or less equal, I don't.

As i remenber Topal was linked to Liverpool, Krasic to Chelsea, Sow to Arsenal, not sure about Kuyt thou...

As for how much money Fener offered and how intrested the PL clubs were i obviously have no idea. But one of the main reasons i think that players would choose Fener over us i money, we're never gonna be able to compete with them.

But as you said, Essien to Villa will not happen and on the rest we'll just have to agree to disagree

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is making a shock £1.2 million move for Chesterfield's young giant striker Jordan Bowery - in a surprise solution.

Lambert is under fire to land a big-name forward after a poor start to his reign, but instead he has turned to the managerless League Two outfit for their star discovery.

Bowery, a strong target man and scorer, has come good in recent months and has attracted interest from several leading sides. But Lambert has stepped in first.

Villa have tabled an offer of £600,000 up front and doubling up with extras for appearances and supremo Chris Turner is ready to let the 21-year-old talk to Lambert about the dream move.

Call in the reinforcements! Paul Lambert needs back-up after a slow start to the season

Clive Mason

Bowery has been a success despite the Spireites going down last season and boss John Sheridan losing his job a couple of games into this campaign.

The home-grown hit man would take the chance of playing in the Premier League even if the Villa fans will be astounded about the potential solution to their problems.

However Lambert is not afraid to look at the lower levels and Chesterfield's last target man of this type - Kevin Davies - went on to a top-flight career.

The other striker on Lambert's list is his namesake, Southampton forward Rickie.

The Mirror

I'm all for positivity Mazrim, but I'd be utterly shocked if Essien would even consider coming to us. Or if we indeed had any real interest in him and his inevitable wage demands. This is pie in the sky.

I said it was highly unlikely didn't I?

*Insert players name* wouldn't come to Villa in *insert astronomical length of time/unlikely event* - *insert unnecessary reinforcement of point*.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Then why even bother typing it if it is highly unlikely?!

I'm all for positivity Mazrim, but I'd be utterly shocked if Essien would even consider coming to us. Or if we indeed had any real interest in him and his inevitable wage demands. This is pie in the sky.

I agree. I'm just saying that if his only other option was Turkey, and we needed such a play (and we do) why not try and get him?

Try is not the same as "expect to get".

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is making a shock £1.2 million move for Chesterfield's young giant striker Jordan Bowery - in a surprise solution.

Lambert is under fire to land a big-name forward after a poor start to his reign, but instead he has turned to the managerless League Two outfit for their star discovery.

Bowery, a strong target man and scorer, has come good in recent months and has attracted interest from several leading sides. But Lambert has stepped in first.

Villa have tabled an offer of £600,000 up front and doubling up with extras for appearances and supremo Chris Turner is ready to let the 21-year-old talk to Lambert about the dream move.

Call in the reinforcements! Paul Lambert needs back-up after a slow start to the season

Clive Mason

Bowery has been a success despite the Spireites going down last season and boss John Sheridan losing his job a couple of games into this campaign.

The home-grown hit man would take the chance of playing in the Premier League even if the Villa fans will be astounded about the potential solution to their problems.

However Lambert is not afraid to look at the lower levels and Chesterfield's last target man of this type - Kevin Davies - went on to a top-flight career.

The other striker on Lambert's list is his namesake, Southampton forward Rickie.

The Mirror

Oh suck me sideways, whats next. Kelly Smith?