General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Owen & Hargreaves on pay as you go deals.

NRC on a Bosman and lower wages.

Nzonzi if the fee is reasonable (£5m max).

Dead legs

Dead head &

Dead shite

Possibly, it's all subjective. What I would say is all of them would walk into our first team right now.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was told to expect 3 signings before window but not quite a :!: for me .

Three signings = bottom three at the start of the next transfer window!

Unless they are top quality three isn't going to be enough so i have to agree with the above post!

As much as I trust PL when buying promising younger players but I think he should buy more experienced players, although not necessarely from premier league. With Dunne and Agbonlahor back we will have some experience in defense and attack but we should get another more experienced midfielder.

Out of the above I'd love Essien but I'd have worries about his fitness.

As for Lennon, O'Neill should have signed him when Ramos wanted to offload him for £2mil, and we would have had a midfield of Young Barry Petrov Lennon.

How about Huntelaar?

Apparently he could be on the move for around £8 million (According to football rumours website)

Essien could be a good buy, but at a risk regarding his fitness.

As for Owen or Hargreaves? Blah, too much of a risk.

The likes of VDV,Lennon Essien wouldn't give up European football to come help us get off the bottom of the table unless the wages was sky high,quite clear we aint prepared to pay high wages so we may aswell be realistic and forget the likes of Huntelaar etc aswell

I doubt Schalke would sell Huntelaar and I don't think he'd come to us in our current situation. He won't transfer unless he he forces the move, and for 8 million? He was Bundesliga top scorer last season. Wasn't he offered to Villa in january 2010 by Milan for about 15 million?

but not quite a :!: for me .

What does this bit mean ? You are underwhelmed by the 3 names ??

No just that I am not 100percent convinced they can pull all 3 deals off before Friday . Definate change in thinking after the first 2 games though and PL seen enough to know that without signings we will struggle all season .

Arsenal looking to sell Walcott apparently. Not convinced about his delivery, but we could definitely use his pace. He'd also make a good outlet for Delph or Ireland as N'Zogbia just isn't cutting it out on that right hand side.

To be honest CI alot of the players being mentioned aren't realistic,be nice if they was to be pulled off but how many times have we heard * trim the wage bill * Cant see Lerner suddenly saying " ok forget the wage bill and go wild " it's just not going to happen and the sooner we all realise that the better