General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barton would never be considered IMO, not just due to the suspension.

Besides, the Marseille deal could be back on...looking forward to a season without that gobshite in the league, with his copy & paste tweeting, which seem to grab headlines.

Back to the Villa, if MM reckons 3 signings then great!

Benteke, Bennett and who???? Know we're linked to the Charlton lad, Stephens but haven't heard much else on that deal.

Wonder if it'll be a winger instead - have a feeling about Downing (although could see someone like Stoke going in for him!)

On second thought maybe Adam would be best for us. Would work well with KEA and Ireland in a 3 man midfield and is excellent at set pieces.

we would get pummelled every week as all 3 cannot tackle....

plus watching Ireland's hollywood through balls get cut out every time is painful enough without Adam's hoolywood long balls sailing over everybodys heads....

MM says we are hopeful on 3 players...

if two are Benteke and Bennett then i hope the other is a winger or DM...

if i had to choose id say a winger is more of a priority

Adam/Downing in a cheeky double bid and the lack of experience might go some way to being addressed. The lad Bennett and possibly Benteke (although not entirely sold on that one yet) and things might start to turn around at VP. God knows, after the last couple of years, we could do with a fresher look to the squad.

I'd still be happier if we got another top centre half in but I think he might use Lowton as back up there until Dunne is fit and look at that position again in January or next Summer. Apart from that, we need another strong midfielder.

We won't be playing with dedicated wingers so I don't see one coming in. We have attacking midfielders who can drift wide and thats how I see Lambert setting the midfield up mostly.

So, we know about Benteke and Bennett. I reckon the other player will be a central midfielder and there might be a suprise loan signing on the last day.

Why do some people think Downing would even want to come back? Personally, I think he'd rather sit on the bench at Liverpool than crawl back to Villa with his tail between his legs. I would be very shocked if it happened!

Why do some people think Downing would even want to come back? Personally, I think he'd rather sit on the bench at Liverpool than crawl back to Villa with his tail between his legs. I would be very shocked if it happened!

Rodgers has told him that if he wants to stay at Liverpool he'll have to play LB haha

Adam, Downing, Carroll, Cole, Sturridge, VDV

All of these players are unrealistic, they earn too much money & would never come anyway. People need to start getting realistic.