General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we sign bennet, benteke and stephens i'm still going to be very worried.

I think only 1 of them is likely to make that much difference to the team right now.

And i don't think we can rely on Benteke to solve all of our attacking problems.

I'd be very dissappointed and relegation would still be an issue IMO.

I'm starting to think that Joe Cole and Owen would be good to add a bit of experience, if we could get them on low wages. I'm just not sure if they would accept low. We are seriously lacking experience.

Ballack?

Van Der Vaart is not going to come to Villa. Not a chance.

Look at the players we have signed and are interested to sign. You really think we even would consider VDV? No chance... He would not join us anyway, so move on...

No, hence why I said "Van Der Vaart is not going to come to Villa. Not a chance"

I'm starting to think that Joe Cole and Owen would be good to add a bit of experience, if we could get them on low wages. I'm just not sure if they would accept low. We are seriously lacking experience.

Ballack?

I think we are also seriously lacking quality as well.

Ballack?

Please NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If we sign bennet, benteke and stephens i'm still going to be very worried.

Yeah, I agree.

I've seen Bennett play a few times for Middlesbrough and England Under 21's and he's done well. Benteke and Stephens I haven't seen. I'm all for signing young players and I trust Lambert's judgement but at the same time we still need a few more experienced heads on board.

**** it, I'm throwing it out there... Joey Barton on a free anyone? Banned for 9 more games but despite his troubles I think he'd do well for us. We need someone like him. Someone that can put the cat amongst the pidgeons. We've got too many nice guys and lightweights in the team. We could do with a dickhead or two!

I'd also take Owen Hargreaves on a pay as you play deal. Definitely worth a gamble that is! Put him in front of the back four. If he gets injured it's not like we'd have to keep paying him thousands every week. With the budget as limited as it is, I'm just trying to be realistic.