General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

but not quite a :!: for me .

What does this bit mean ? You are underwhelmed by the 3 names ??

No just that I am not 100percent convinced they can pull all 3 deals off before Friday . Definate change in thinking after the first 2 games though and PL seen enough to know that without signings we will struggle all season .

So do you actually now names MM? Or if not, it's just the way you say you're not convinced that we'll be able to pull off all three deals before Friday leads me to believe they are all good quality players. Would that assumption be correct?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but not quite a :!: for me .

What does this bit mean ? You are underwhelmed by the 3 names ??

No just that I am not 100percent convinced they can pull all 3 deals off before Friday . Definate change in thinking after the first 2 games though and PL seen enough to know that without signings we will struggle all season .

I would have thought that watching us in the final game of last season and then again through pre-season that Lambert should have had a pretty fair idea of what was needed player wise to improve our squad. So if we are now running out of time to shore up those weaknesses what the f**k does that say about our new manager?

How about Huntelaar?

Apparently he could be on the move for around £8 million (According to football rumours website)

Essien could be a good buy, but at a risk regarding his fitness.

As for Owen or Hargreaves? Blah, too much of a risk.

This isnt football manager! Huntelaar, Essien, are you off your rocker?! lol no way in a million years could we attract these. Players like Dempsey, or Johnson wouldnt even want to come to us if given the chance so why on earth would these champions league players come to us.

Well it's feckin someone's fault CI and doesn't the buck always stop with the manager? Furthermore what is implied in MMs post is that it took two games into the season for Lambert to realise we would struggle this season. Really feckin pissed off at this and it's the sort of misguided policy that's going to get us relegated.

Arsenal looking to sell Walcott apparently. Not convinced about his delivery, but we could definitely use his pace. He'd also make a good outlet for Delph or Ireland as N'Zogbia just isn't cutting it out on that right hand side.

Like a few of the other names mentioned like VDV, Essien, Huntelaar etc can we be realistic please ? He'd be mental to leave arsenal to come here. He's rejected a £75k a week 5 year deal with them and would have far bigger clubs in for him than us.

We're shopping in Aldi, not Waitrose

How about Klasnic from Bolton?? Available on a free, was there top scorer last season...proven he can score goals in the premiership for a crappy side. Could do worse, his 32 (cant beleive he is that old) but for a free for a year why not...rather him then an injury prone micheal owen or a fit delfonsou or Weimann

I'd absolutely love Walcott but he'd probably have better offers at the moment.

Weirdly, I could see Man UTD selling Nani and bringing in Walcott. Walcott provided a lot of goals Van Persie and Nani has been poor lately. He'd only be used as an impact player there.

I think he'd have far more attractive offers than us. Though, would love him here.

Bennet

Benteke

Phillips

Adams

Be happy enough with that

Would be over the moon with that -- but by all accounts 3 in will be a stretch so more likely the two we already know about.

Really think Phillips and Adam would bring us something though - a spark on wing and some strength/ability and experience CM.

Essien is being talked about in regards to going to Turkey ffs. I think we're a better prospect than that.

Besides which, he's not going to figure at Chelsea any more so why not give it a go? It's not the same as going after Messi is it?

Huntelaar and VDV are not feasible. Walcott just about on the edge of feasibility. All depends on our ambition.

If Lerner wanted to splash out on one big signing its perhaps doable although highly unlikely. Stop talking bollocks every time a player's name comes up as if we're some no mark championship club.

How about Klasnic from Bolton?? Available on a free, was there top scorer last season...proven he can score goals in the premiership for a crappy side. Could do worse, his 32 (cant beleive he is that old) but for a free for a year why not...rather him then an injury prone micheal owen or a fit delfonsou or Weimann

On a short term basis, I don't think that would be a bad shout.

Wouldn't want him to start games but he always seemed to do quite well coming off the bench and from what I remember, most of his goals seemed to be when he came on as sub

Walcott and Lennon are just more names in the seemingly never ending list of one dimentional, one trick pony english wingers/attackers who's only attribute is pace.

We already have Gabby, and before that we had Vassel and before that Daley (who i loved).

I like Gabby, but for what he offers his wages are way to high, Lennon and Walcott would be on even higher wages and offer very little more than Gabby