General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

The "witless amongst you" ? Pathetic, says the man suggesting Essien & Walcott are possible. Retarded.

No need for the continual use of the R word fella

It's horrible and offensive.

He's a card carrier so he gets away with it.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambert is not panicking he has always signed young players from lower leagues and unknown players from Europe, Benteke and Bennett fit that, what did you expect a change to his transfer policy.

Signing young players from lower leagues tend to work better when you are yourself playing in a lower league as Lamberts previous teams has.

Secondly i don't think he's signed any unknown players from Europe before he came here.

Lambert is not panicking he has always signed young players from lower leagues and unknown players from Europe, Benteke and Bennett fit that, what did you expect a change to his transfer policy.

Signing young players from lower leagues tend to work better when you are yourself playing in a lower league as Lamberts previous teams has.

Secondly i don't think he's signed any unknown players from Europe before he came here.

Nothing wrong with this policy if you have quality players for them to play beside and bring them. At the moment we dont. Lower league players along side young players.. wonder where we will end up.

Signed 3 or 4 whilst in charge at Livingstone.

I still think that being linked with target men is irrelevant when we still lack players who can play wide! Last night showed how we have nobody who will push for the byline and cross!

I agree, sne. Its way too late to mess about with the lower leagues and no doubt its worked wonders in the championship and league one.

If you find a kid with potential in lower leagues stick him in everton or newcastle and youve got yourself a player but stick him in a struggling team of youngsters at villa atm and youve got trouble.

Also lambert couldnt afford to bring foreigners in at a team like norwich but now he can with a club like villa.

Nothing wrong with this policy if you have quality players for them to play beside and bring them. At the moment we dont. Lower league players along side young players.. wonder where we will end up.

So what about Norwich they did not have quality players and they finished 12th.

We cannot afford the fees the players you want cost, If it was not for Lerner's money we would probably be in administration you cannot sustain a £56 million loss each year unless you are a top club in the Champions League every year.

We spent loads and still did not make the Champions league so maybe a different approach is needed

I still think that being linked with target men is irrelevant when we still lack players who can play wide! Last night showed how we have nobody who will push for the byline and cross!

Except that Bent's goal was on exactly that kind of play.....

Absolutely Imarsha, but there is a quite a gap between aiming for the CL and signing players from League 2.

Norwich season last year was a one off, they'll struggle big time this year even thou it's mostly the same players. Not even Lambert could have prevented this.

So what about Norwich they did not have quality players and they finished 12th.

We cannot afford the fees the players you want cost, If it was not for Lerner's money we would probably be in administration you cannot sustain a £56 million loss each year unless you are a top club in the Champions League every year.

We spent loads and still did not make the Champions league so maybe a different approach is needed

They had plenty of time to get used to playing with each other before they came to the Premership.

Younger players are more likely to run through brick walls like headless chickens and do nothing for the team not just sit on a high wage package and walk through each game we aall moaned at N'Zogbia and Bent for doing that in the first 2 league games

Corrected ;D

If everyone was fit plus potential signings if they sign.

Given/Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Dunne, Bennett, Holman, Petrov, El Ahmadi, Ireland, Benteke, Bent

I know Petrov is ill but he would of been the perfect partner for El Ahmadi. I still think he may be back, it is still not a bad team, then we have Gabby, Weimann. Herd, Delph, Albrighton, N'Zogbia, Clark, Lichaj, Baker and Bannan in reserve.

Its way to general to say sweeping statements such as its too late for lower league additions and we need proven premiership talent. It quite literally depends on the players in question. Ireland, N'Zogbia, Warnock and Hutton all proven premiership and they are either dissapointing or plain stinking up our team. Like wise one look at the Swansea, Norwich, Reading or Southampton team sheets will highlight many lower league talents who look the business this year in the prem.

Basically you can find examples from both sides that would be wrong for Villa, it depends on the individuals themselves, which I trust our manager to assess before buying. He SHOULD be ideally placed to uncover lower league talent having managed there less than 2 years ago, and seeing the players in question play each week. Its up to his judgement to bring those in he thinks can cut it at the top level. No one is disputing that ideally we would hire only premiership players but we did that for 3 seasons and we are still paying the price.

If everyone was fit plus potential signings if they sign.

Given/Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Dunne, Bennett, Holman, Petrov, El Ahmadi, Ireland, Benteke, Bent

I know Petrov is ill but he would of been the perfect partner for El Ahmadi. I still think he may be back, it is still not a bad team, then we have Gabby, Weimann. Herd, Delph, Albrighton, N'Zogbia, Clark, Lichaj, Baker and Bannan in reserve.

Petrov will not play again for Villa. I would love to see him back, but unfortunately it's just not going to happen

Its way to general to say sweeping statements such as its too late for lower league additions and we need proven premiership talent. It quite literally depends on the players in question. Ireland, N'Zogbia, Warnock and Hutton all proven premiership and they are either dissapointing or plain stinking up our team. Like wise one look at the Swansea, Norwich, Reading or Southampton team sheets will highlight many lower league talents who look the business this year in the prem.

Basically you can find examples from both sides that would be wrong for Villa, it depends on the individuals themselves, which I trust our manager to assess before buying. He SHOULD be ideally placed to uncover lower league talent having managed there less than 2 years ago, and seeing the players in question play each week. Its up to his judgement to bring those in he thinks can cut it at the top level. No one is disputing that ideally we would hire only premiership players but we did that for 3 seasons and we are still paying the price.

Im certainly disputing that we should hire only Premier League players, thats an horrible idea that as you state we cannot afford

Every transfer is pretty much complete risk, even if Villa would sign Robin Van Persie it's never guaranteed that it'll work out. I gotta say though that only signing players from foreign or lower leagues sounds a bit too risky or troublesome.

One bigger marquee signing would probably lift up spirits in fans and team but maybe Lambert is sneaky and first buys off the cheaper ones and then announces the bigger signing.

I see people are still judging players before they've even signed for us. It seems like if you're from a lower league, abroad or don't cost much you must be shit...

Yep, people wanted players in, we are getting players in yet they still moan. You can't win.

Lambert wants to play his style of football with his type of players. He's had time to look at our current players, so he will now know in his own mind who fits his plans and who doesn't.

The players that we're being linked with may enable PL to develop his brand of football at Villa, at a sustainable cost. I'm going to watch with interest as Lambert seeks to put together a team with a 100% ballsy winning mentality.