General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, whats stopping it from happening?

I just think we have left it a little bit too late.

I was hoping for Phillips/Ince from Blackpool, I'm sure this kiddo from Charlton if we do sign him will do fine, just wanted some real presence in Midfield, someone who could whip a ball in.

We haven't been linked with Phillips i don't think (correct me if i'm wrong) so I can't see it happening at this late a stage.

The targets atm I think are just ST and LB

I was hoping for Phillips/Ince from Blackpool, I'm sure this kiddo from Charlton if we do sign him will do fine, just wanted some real presence in Midfield, someone who could whip a ball in.

We haven't been linked with Phillips i don't think (correct me if i'm wrong) so I can't see it happening at this late a stage.

How do you know what has or hasn't been going on?

Because if we were in for Ince/Phillips, loud mouth Holloway would have blabbed.

I'm not saying its not possible. In reality I know F all - i'm just saying for most of our transfers we've atleast been linked with the player ;P

We're in for a few players according to Lambert and we know of two at least. It could be any number.

Its the end of the window but these must have been lined up a while ago and negotiations ongoing.

... these must have been lined up a while ago and negotiations ongoing.

I don't, that's why I'm not saying I can't see anything happening due to how long is left.

... these must have been lined up a while ago and negotiations ongoing.

I don't, that's why I'm not saying I can't see anything happening due to how long is left.

but can you see where I'm coming from considering we haven't been heavily linked with any of these players?

The Mirror is linking us with Rickie Lambert from Southampton...

Flock of Lambs: Villa boss Paul lines up namesake striker Rickie

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is weighing up a deadline-beating move for namesake Southampton striker Rickie Lambert.

Villa have had a £5.5million bid for Genk striker Christian Benteke turned down by the Belgian club, so are now looking at last-minute alternatives before the summer window closes on Friday night.

Lambert, 30, has built up a prolific reputation in League One and the Championship with Southampton and that has attracted interest, with Championship side Blackburn and now Villa seeing if they can test boss Nigel Adkins' resolve to keep him.

The Villa boss had great success at Norwich with Grant Holt, who has also spent most of his career in the lower divisions, and he is also shopping on a budget in his new job.

That is why Lambert appeals to a club who desperately need to strengthen their striking options as they face up to what could be a long hard season.

Lazy link cos of the name? A 30 year old with predominantly Championship experience? Doesn't really strike me as the right type of signing for Villa.

EDIT:

Just saw that this already had its own thread. Apologies :P