General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for positivity Mazrim, but I'd be utterly shocked if Essien would even consider coming to us. Or if we indeed had any real interest in him and his inevitable wage demands. This is pie in the sky.

Of course he won't, it's one of the most retarded suggestions to date, along with Walcott who is stalling on an improvement to his current 75k a week deal.

I said it was highly unlikely didn't I?

No you said it was on the edge of feasibility.......it's not

The edge of feasibilty is the same as highly unlikely (and actually, I also said highly unlikely so get your facts straight). What you're saying is that it's impossible. It isn't.

And for the witless amongst you who are claiming I'm suggesting we will or are likely to sign the likes of Essien or Walcott, I'm not.

I even said they would have better offers.

Palacios is a good shout. Dunne + cash ?

I'd prefer NRC over Palacios as Stoke will want to recoup their money for Palacios.

I'm not so sure that Lennon wouldn't be interested in coming to us. If Spurs don't want him then realistically who of the top 6 will be?

I know we've had a couple of poor seasons but we are still a huge club with an excellent manager.

Yes some of the suggestions on here are pie in the sky but let's not write us off just yet.

Palacios is a good shout. Dunne + cash ?

First of all CM is probably 3rd or 4th choice where we have to improve.

Second of all i really dont think Stoke would go for Dunne ( With his hefty wages ) now they have Shawcross, Huth,Upson.

And thirdly, Palacios, like most of Cranial Injuries "suggestions" is shit.

Lambert is not panicking he has always signed young players from lower leagues and unknown players from Europe, Benteke and Bennett fit that, what did you expect a change to his transfer policy.

We could go back to the MON way of overspending on some players and then not play them. I like that we are giving players a chance who might not het a chance in the Premier League otherwise.

What we need is a tough CM who isn't afraid of getting into tackles and is able to hold the ball to allow others to get into attack.

100% agree. I've been saying this for a while now. From the lower league players we are being linked with, i think i would prefer Lambert throwing on his boots again and playing this role for us.

Essien, Palilious, Lennon etc.. People need to get a reality check, Lerner isnt releasing the money for these sort of players.

I said it was highly unlikely didn't I?

No you said it was on the edge of feasibility.......it's not

The edge of feasibilty is the same as highly unlikely (and actually, I also said highly unlikely so get your facts straight). What you're saying is that it's impossible. It isn't.

And for the witless amongst you who are claiming I'm suggesting we will or are likely to sign the likes of Essien or Walcott, I'm not.

I even said they would have better offers.

Great - so we're both agreed that we won't be sigining Theo Walcott