General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are **** if we are waiting on Warnock and Hutton to leave

Nah. 2 from Lichaj, Herd, Lowton and; at a push; Warnock - is still better than last season.

Now don't get me wrong, it's not ideal. But I'd stop short of 'f*cked'.

I wonder what Merse thinks ? He had us down as "dark horses" for relegation last season. He must be more positive this season ? Albeit the squad isn't really any stronger ??

merse said when MON walked that we would drop like a stone, 2 seasons ago he said we will be close to relegation. proved right though

Transfer ITK ‏@ITK_TRANSFER

Just heard that Aston Villa are looking at Marouane Chamakh from Arsenal on loan. Trying to find out more. #avfc #afc

Chamakh. Flattered to deceive at Arsenal. Arrived and scored 4 or 5 times in his first 2 months there but went of the boil after suffering from "burn out".

Must've been reading VT.

Yeah that one is straight out of VT..

James Nursey‏@JamesNursey

#AVFC boss Lambert wants to bid for #ITFC Aaron Cresswell but still struggling to shift Warnock & especially 30k a week Hutton

With wages to revenue at 50% would it really kill us to sign a promising youngster that the manager?

If cresswell has a good season his fee might increase next summer or bigger clubs could make a move for him.

James Nursey‏@JamesNursey

#AVFC boss Lambert wants to bid for #ITFC Aaron Cresswell but still struggling to shift Warnock & especially 30k a week Hutton

With wages to revenue at 50% would it really kill us to sign a promising youngster that the manager?

If cresswell has a good season his fee might increase next summer or bigger clubs could make a move for him.

Not at all, I think the issue is why should we be lumbered with shit when we dont want them. Im all for correct squad management. It can be very frustrating at times but this was never going to be an over night fix. I agree we need to sign a few players but have hope :)

I dont think we are after Cresswell. They want £6m apparently. Surely we have been priced out? TBF even if we cant get rid of Warnock we could still potentially get Poulsen in on a free as there would be no fee to pay.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19280434

what an utter stick, duh wonder why the former Blue nose doesn't like us?

Because he has been, is now and forever will be a cock end

Its nothing to do with him being an ex bluenose he has a point and i agree with him we will be looking over our shoulders towards relegation if were not careful and do not bring in more players if you look at the squad outside the starting eleven were as weak as the other sides mentioned Reading and Southampton a few injuries and we will be in trouble god forbid Bent should pick up an injury the idea of relying on the likes of Weimann and Delfouneso sends a shiver down my spine

I've said it before and ill say it again Lambert is a good manager but he's no miracle worker.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19280434

what an utter stick, duh wonder why the former Blue nose doesn't like us?

Because he has been, is now and forever will be a cock end

Its nothing to do with him being an ex bluenose he has a point and i agree with him we will be looking over our shoulders towards relegation if were not careful and do not bring in more players if you look at the squad outside the starting eleven were as weak as the other sides mentioned Reading and Southampton a few injuries and we will be in trouble god forbid Bent should pick up an injury the idea of relying on the likes of Weimann and Delfouneso sends a shiver down my spine

I've said it before and ill say it again Lambert is a good manager but he's no miracle worker.

If one of the worst managers in the history of the Premier League can't relegate us then I'm pretty sure Lambert won't. Of all the 20 teams in the league this season to tip us for relegation is just silly. Our squad isn't great but it certainly isn't as bad as many are making out.

He is within his rights though, it is not an impossibility that we go down this season.

We are shipping out players, seemingly without replacing them with proven players. Say what you want about players like Heskey, Cuellar and Collins, but they are far more likely to keep the dressing room calm when times are tough. We have signed totally unproven players (I am not saying I do not like these signings mind) in Holman, El Ahmadi and Lowton - all players whom can prove to be utterly useless or in need of half a season to perform. Ron Vlaar will be a good player, I am pretty sure of that. We are also sending out Makoun, Warnock, Hutton, some say Dunne as well, but doing this will seriously thin out our squad and who is to say finding a replacement is easy? I say buy first (or at least make sure the deal is wrapped up), then sell afterwards. A bit like Van Persie replacing Berbatov so to speak.

There are several factors pointing out that we can struggle immensely this season:

- The team was lousy last season and thus far, barely augmented.

- The squad is extremely thin

- Overly relient on young players

- Few of our talents have shown that they can carry the burdon of playing a whole season at a high level

- Too many ifs and buts connected to important players like Gabby, Dunne, Given, Ireland and N'Zogbia

- An injury to Darren Bent would be extremely detrimental, yet again

- The team is of course not yet "set", we have no attacking patterns established from last season, all has to be created from scratch by Lambert

- Low attendances from last season will carry on if the team does not perform well from day 1

There are of course teams under us that are worse off, but it would be no surprise to me if we struggled with what we have now. Indications are not there that we will sign, suddenly, 3-4 established and proven players which we desperately need IMO. Teams like Norwich, Southampton, Reading, West Ham and Wigan are much more likely to go down - but amongst the established teams we are the out-and-out candidate most likely to go down.

It is going to be a long season if we are not going to sign a few new players, anyone thinking that we will finish 8th with this squad has too much faith in Paul Lambert. BUT, I hope and pray that we will get a few more players and that we are positively surprised by a few of our current members. I have faith in CN'Z, Vlaar, Bent, El Ahamadi, Delph, Gabby and Clark.

Say what you want about players like Heskey, Cuellar and Collins, but they are far more likely to keep the dressing room calm when times are tough.
Bit like last season?

To me there's too much emphasis on players being "proven" and "experienced". They're important qualities but if said players are poor or past it anyway they're not of much use. Likewise, just because some players are inexperienced or come from abroad doesn't mean they can't rise to the challenge.