General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think theres a sell to buy thing going on. i dont think were waiting to get rid off the deadweight before bringing new players in

I do however think that they are looking for some suitable players, and i do belive there are dealings going on that doesnt get leaked. There is some panicing going on here due to the silence, doesnt nessecarily mean they arent doing anything.

I could be wrong though, wouldnt be the first time!

Id want a striker (not fing carrol) and a defensive minded player or two.

On the whole - if you don't hear anything happening - its because nothing is.............I can't remember the last time a signing was announced a complete surprise .

We shouldve been in for Carlos Vela

THIS.

So you didn't want Fletcher who's scored plenty of goals but you'd want Vela who's always struggled to impress???

Where is Vela now?

Ah but you're forgetting, he's foreign so must be good!

Fletcher meanwhile is boring and British.........no-one any good ever comes from boring old Britain.

Let's all go sign the next Bosko Balaban, or Vaclav Drobny, or Mustapha Salifou.......

Ha ha.

haha typical british, MON narrow minded view on Foreigners.. when will british people wake up and realize there is Life beyond this Island :?

I can imagine those words coming out of MON mouth right before he signed Heskey ;)

i dont think theres a sell to buy thing going on. i dont think were waiting to get rid off the deadweight before bringing new players in

I do however think that they are looking for some suitable players, and i do belive there are dealings going on that doesnt get leaked. There is some panicing going on here due to the silence, doesnt nessecarily mean they arent doing anything.

On the whole - if you don't hear anything happening - its because nothing is.............I can't remember the last time a signing was announced a complete surprise .

Actually, a lot of our signings have comes as a relative surprise. No one had even mentioned KEA for example until suddenly a Dutch paper said he was joining us. Within about 4 days he'd signed.

Actually, a lot of our signings have comes as a relative surprise. No one had even mention KEA for example until suddenly a Dutch paper said he was joining us. Within about 4 days he'd signed.

There was actually an online report from February reporting that our scouts went to watch KEA and Guidetti.

Actually, a lot of our signings have comes as a relative surprise. No one had even mention KEA for example until suddenly a Dutch paper said he was joining us. Within about 4 days he'd signed.

There was actually an online report from February reporting that our scouts went to watch KEA and Guidetti.

Of course, but I had never heard El-Ahmadi mentioned once on here until that dutch article came out a few days before he signed. All I'm saying is that just because nothing appears to be happening doesn't mean we aren't quietly working on deals behind the scenes.

People are just looking for excuses to be glum.

I think we'll see a LB, winger and striker coming in with Makoun, Hutton and Warnock leaving.

Lambert has more or less made the clubs position on these players quite clear.

This is exactly what we need imo:

Cresswell

Adam Johnson

Guidetti

Then in January, we would need a midfield destroyer.

Speaking of Johnson, watching him tonight - he looks like an ever-so-slightly better version of Zog. Gives the ball away an absurd amount, great trickery and skill but poor vision and cannot pass for shit. Not sure a side could succeed with two players so similar.

Would like to see Adam Johnson sign for us and stated this last season as well so at least i'm consistent :). However i've an awful feeling in my gut that he will go to Everton.

We also desperately need a LB and another CB as i think Clark still looks a little lightweight and i will say the same thing as i did before last season started, we need another experienced striker (not fecking Heskey) to play alongside Bent, or to replace him when Bent picks up his usual injury. If we lose Bent again we will be in trouble. I'd go for Defoe depending on what spuds would want for him.

We also need a defensive midfielder and would hope that our new scout would be able to point the club in the right direction on that one.

So five players still needed before the window shuts and a bare minimum of three.

Dunno if this has been posted:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-youngster-john-guidetti-1260402?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

John Guidetti's agent has said the Manchester City striker could return to Feyenoord for the new season but admitted there are other clubs interested in his client.

Blackburn reportedly failed in a bid to land the 20-year-old on loan, with City keen to sell the Sweden international.

Guidetti spent last season on loan at Feyenoord, scoring 20 goals in 23 appearances to become one of the hottest properties in the Eredivisie.

"He liked his stay at Feyenoord and enjoyed putting in strong performances for them," Guidetti's agent Per Jonsson told Voetbal International.

"Joining them again is definitely an option, but there are more possibilities.

"We are going to explore all options without rushing and we will surely come to a decision before the transfer window ends at the end of the month.

"We will soon conduct talks with Manchester City and see what is best for John."

There's a bit of a queue for striker places in the City line-up already, which makes some sort of stay-away arrangement look a likely outcome to those discussions.

Also, on Tw@tter:

MCFC Indonesia ‏@MCFC_INA

Everton have joined Sunderland in the race to sign John Guidetti on loan from Manchester City. #MCFC

**** hope we're in this race, and Lambert = Mo Farah

Johnson would be a great marquee signing for us I reckon, isn't really his fault that he hasn't managed to crack the Man City 1st team with the players they have and I think he'd be a key player for most Prem teams - could see him going Tottenham or Liverpool though

Agreed from todays performance johnson would be ideal for us, great on the flanks and just what we need. Judging by carrols performance 2day no thanks, he is far too inconsistent, don't need another one of them at villa