General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Yes my friend im 1000% behind what you say I aint starting to shit myself I have done for the last 2 weeks, our squad is absolute garbage our starting 11 is ok. Lerner is a fool if he thinks we can survive again

He survived with arguably worse players at Norwich last season. Don't count out the mans ability to get average players playing good football.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had complaints for signing premier experienced players because they cost too much nd were not exciting, we should be signing players from abroad and the up and coming ones that's the way to o apparently.

Now we sign those from abroad and the young up and coming ones we get told we should have signed players with premier experience. Sorry but you can't have it both ways.

In terms of the squad, let's see what we have at the end of the window shall we before we slit our wrists.

But to remind you his time last year we had lost our two best players, had one of the worst managers in league history and were looking forward to the signing of Hutton and him being a regular in our side next to the likes of Heskey and Collins. Hutton won't play for us again, Collins has left, Heskey has gone to be replaced by. Lad with more talent and goals scored than Heskey and we have one of the best young managers in the country who most wanted and never thought we could attract.

We will not get relegated or be close to it and you should not be swayed by the words of a class a bell end like savage

He survived with arguably worse players at Norwich last season. Don't count out the mans ability to get average players playing good football.

Look avergae players can play good games 1 in 4 games not good enough were a massive club you need to remember that I said Id give him time im not disputing Lambert its Randy who I dont trust one bit

Yes my friend im 1000% behind what you say I aint starting to shit myself I have done for the last 2 weeks, our squad is absolute garbage our starting 11 is ok. Lerner is a fool if he thinks we can survive again

Thats true, but he shouldnt have to, at least in my deluded world of Villa being a big club.

I think what is freaking me out is the return of this "sell to buy" vibe we are getting. Hopefully it is not true and we will get some more in before the window ends.

But if things stay as they are then Lambert will have signed the same number of players as McLeish did last summer window, and (I think) spending less money as well......

We had complaints for signing premier experienced players because they cost too much nd were not exciting, we should be signing players from abroad and the up and coming ones that's the way to o apparently.

Now we sign those from abroad and the young up and coming ones we get told we should have signed players with premier experience. Sorry but you can't have it both ways.

In terms of the squad, let's see what we have at the end of the window shall we before we slit our wrists.

But to remind you his time last year we had lost our two best players, had one of the worst managers in league history and were looking forward to the signing of Hutton and him being a regular in our side next to the likes of Heskey and Collins. Hutton won't play for us again, Collins has left, Heskey has gone to be replaced by. Lad with more talent and goals scored than Heskey and we have one of the best young managers in the country who most wanted and never thought we could attract.

We will not get relegated or be close to it and you should not be swayed by the words of a class a bell end like savage

Richard

I think savage is a wrongen but I am concerned with the so called balancing of the books way of doing things, Jean Makoun going on loan thatsa joke we should play him hes our player. If we get Cresswell at LB and fans expect himt to shine forget it he was at tranmere then ipswich and possibly us thats the same leap as lowton get a grip people the leap is too big

Potential should be measured in actual performance and if that is the case then Norwich out performed us last season.
Virtually everyone outperformed us last season. There are two reasons why Norwich finished above us last season: they had a good manager and we had an unbelievably shit one.

I'm not being negative saying this, but maybe we are just slightly blinded by Lambert tinted glasses. I mean yes these predictions of relegation could be completely wrong, but at the same time we could be walking straight into a hammering on Saturday while we believe we'll be alright. One game wouldn't be an issue but we should be beating teams like West Ham.
Even before we got Lambert people were much more optimistic about a season without McLeish. It seems people have let last season get to them. Do not let McLeish's shitness fool you. He's not the only reason why we were crap last season but he was one of the main reasons. With him gone and with the players Lambert has brought in we'll survive easily.

I kind of hope we get hammered by the hammers because maybe then Lerner will realize we need to buy some more players. I understand that we are trying to cut the wage bill and Lambert doing that, but what if we buy first then sell? Right now we are getting no where because we are stuck trying to offload Hutton and Warnock. I fully believe they will be sold this transfer window but it could take a little while so maybe we can buy the players we need so we dont suffer till be sell those players. Plus a lot of players are coming off the market everyday.
Who says Randy is stopping Lambert from buying players?

Exactly Richard. It's just typical VT negativity. Pretty sad really that this place is so glum despite the fact that the season hasn't even started. Where's the feel good factor?

It's strange, despite having a much much better manager this place isn't actually that much more positive than it was 12 months ago.

Thats true, but he shouldnt have to, at least in my deluded world of Villa being a big club.

I think what is freaking me out is the return of this "sell to buy" vibe we are getting. Hopefully it is not true and we will get some more in before the window ends.

But if things stay as they are then Lambert will have signed the same number of players as McLeish did last summer window, and (I think) spending less money as well......

agreed Lambert should have 100% backing and I dont think he has at all, Mcshits twin has vanished like the general did and not commented at all what a CEO that knobhead is, communication with the fans is nil we have westham saturday with the prospect of Lichaj or stevens at LB both better than Warnock but neither great.

Agree with all this but surely what we have done with transfers so far isn't what you expected when you were so optimistic a couple of weeks back ? :winkold:

I think we are better than some think, after all we can't say it was Mcleish's fault we were poor and then say it is the squad ? The players aren't bad, we have two for each position - but a scoring midfielder/winger and a defensive one would be a minimum still needed I would say.

Still hopeful even as we are of Top 10, there are a lot of Clubs wit httroubles of their own, and I am sure PL's approach, motivation, and tactics will win nearly half the games.

we will stengthen but players take time to gell take alook at first 8 games all winnable if we start bad october and november will be hard, I dont give a shit about a marquee signing I want strength in depth we will get injuries so sort it out Lerner you tool

NEVER POKE A SLEEPING LION AS IT WILL BITE!

UTV!

This is going as my Sig, Love it!

No worries :P Seems very apt for us atm!! I wish everybody would chill, we have plenty of time to get players in... this isn't FM where you can load up the editor and add cash to your team.... I'd rather be how we are atm than be like Pompy! We will be back don't you worry, Lambert knows what he wants and methinks the players wont mess & with him! Collins is gone and Dunne will be end of this season if we bring in Cresswell at left back then hell we will have a better Lb than Warnock ;) and just because he hasn't played in the Prem or has a flair last name like Cresswaldo :P he can't be judged until he pull on that C&B Shirt!!! If he does!!!!!!!

Season ain't started yet. I think the first game will be a bit of a sacrifice. If we Win, ok, we are off to a good start away from home, let's see what happens in the next game. Lose, the fans will go mental and start demanding more players which I think Randy will sanction. (draw counts as going onto the next game and seeing what the outcome is from that).

I dont see the panic. For me, this season will be equal to O'neill's first season. A pretty average squad but a solid base to build upon. Its the beginning of a long journey and shouldn't be viewed as some sort of make or break season. First Lambert must steady the ship and begin to stamp his authority not only on the squad but the club as a whole.

I'm not sure if it's because people see the likes of Man City and Chelsea and expect a quick fix with a fuckton of money spent but I'm happy for this season to be about getting us playing some good football, maybe a cup run and hopefully a mid to top half finish.