General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look all I've said is that this season the team needed some investment and I'm disapointed as yet with the investment so far. If this is all we are to look forward to how is a "Bright Future" ever achievable?

You can invest all you like and end up with players like Heskey, Harewood, Shorey etc... and no bright future. It is possible to achieve to a bright future with little investment, it depends on how you use the money. Lambert has chosen to take a risk and buy cheap players from Europe, they may end up being quality players which would help achieve our bright future, they may not.

Chucking in a shit load of money does no guarantee a bright future.

I don't think Lambert has a set budget, I think it's more like get one player off the books, identify a player he wants to sign, then Faulkner will negotiate the transfer fee etc..

i think this is precisely the case...

i would guess that Lambert was told that there is a lot of deadwood to shift and if he can move it then he can have all the money recouped to spend on new players...

unfortunately for us, the deadwood are mostly ageing cloggers who carry no transfer value which is why i think Randy will supply him with a little extra if needed...

i genuinely believe that we are desperately trying to get rid of Hutton and Warnock before we can sign replacements and that explains our lack of recent activity

We shouldve been in for Carlos Vela

THIS.

So you didn't want Fletcher who's scored plenty of goals but you'd want Vela who's always struggled to impress???

Where is Vela now?

Ah but you're forgetting, he's foreign so must be good!

Fletcher meanwhile is boring and British.........no-one any good ever comes from boring old Britain.

Let's all go sign the next Bosko Balaban, or Vaclav Drobny, or Mustapha Salifou.......

Makoun out on loan would suggest a loan in like last year.

Depends.

If wages are at a good level now which MM has indicated. We could sign a player now for a wage less than Makoun's. Then offset it when Warnock or Dunne leave at the end of the season as their contracts run out.

I don't think Lambert has a set budget, I think it's more like get one player off the books, identify a player he wants to sign, then Faulkner will negotiate the transfer fee etc..

i think this is precisely the case...

i would guess that Lambert was told that there is a lot of deadwood to shift and if he can move it then he can have all the money recouped to spend on new players...

unfortunately for us, the deadwood are mostly ageing cloggers who carry no transfer value which is why i think Randy will supply him with a little extra if needed...

i genuinely believe that we are desperately trying to get rid of Hutton and Warnock before we can sign replacements and that explains our lack of recent activity

Doesn't really make any sense - I doubt Lambert would have taken the job if it was on a "signings can only be made if you personally manage to flog this hit list of players we do not want any more" basis.

I'm pretty sure the whole remove the deadwood crap was meant to happen last year, but we ended up signing the likes of Hutton. If these so called dead wood players staying at the club means we can't sign the calibre of players we need (if any more signings at all), then we're just going to be in the same position until their contracts run out.

No progression.

Because I'm talking about the investment provided and the ambition shown and how it wasn't acceptable under Doug but is more than acceptable under Lerner.

And once again, the money in the game the same now as it was then?

It makes a massive difference.

Isn't the money now a lot more?

Haven't the tv deals gone up? Sponsorship increased?

Makes it even worse.

And owners like Man City's don't inflate the market?

Again get over it, Randy is not going to sell he doesn't have loads of money tough shit.

Regardless who is he going to sell too, these massive rich owners just waiting around to buy?

Brilliant, you keep dragging up excuses to have a pop, its desperate obviously and a little pathetic.

What on Earth are you on about? What have man city got to do with Lerner's net spend being negative recently and Doug final period being in the positive?

Get over it? Perfect example of the hypocrisy shown by some. I take it this was your attitude when the £ signs were held up? And it seems once again that anyone who criticises Lerner must just want stupidly rich owners. I don't think I've been asking that at all.

I don't make excuses to have a pop. Just pointing out a few facts and asking why it's all acceptable and pleasing because it's Randy Lerner?.

Paul Faulkners just been on the next gen commentary and said there's 2 weeks left of the window and we're hoping to take advantage of it, few ins few outs.

I have no doubt that's true.

The problem is it seems we are reluctant to do anything without getting rid first.

We shouldve been in for Carlos Vela

THIS.

So you didn't want Fletcher who's scored plenty of goals but you'd want Vela who's always struggled to impress???

Where is Vela now?

Ah but you're forgetting, he's foreign so must be good!

Fletcher meanwhile is boring and British.........no-one any good ever comes from boring old Britain.

Let's all go sign the next Bosko Balaban, or Vaclav Drobny, or Mustapha Salifou.......

Ha ha.

I think we'll see a LB, winger and striker coming in with Makoun, Hutton and Warnock leaving.

Lambert has more or less made the clubs position on these players quite clear.

I think that's exactly what we need and if we can bring in the right quality I'll be much more confident.

I know its highly unlikely but I'd love Adam Johnson. We don't have anyone who is good at running at and beating a player. Someone like him would not only create chances for us but would also be someone to excite the fans.

i dont think theres a sell to buy thing going on. i dont think were waiting to get rid off the deadweight before bringing new players in

I do however think that they are looking for some suitable players, and i do belive there are dealings going on that doesnt get leaked. There is some panicing going on here due to the silence, doesnt nessecarily mean they arent doing anything.

I could be wrong though, wouldnt be the first time!

Id want a striker (not fing carrol) and a defensive minded player or two.