Wimbledon thread

mjmooney

Well done, Andy Murray.

I wasn't sure that he'd beat Ferrer and I didn't think he'd beat Tsonga but I'm glad he did. He won't beat Federer. Although, in their previous encounters, Murray has won more times than Federer.

It would be good to see Murray win but it would also be good to see Federer win. Either way, I'm looking forward to watching.

You say that but when has Murray ever beaten Federer in a grand slam final, or even a grand slam for that matter.

Murray and Nadal are the only people with positive head to head records with Federer ;)

Does that really make that much of a difference at Wimbledon though? It's still grass

Isn't Federer's indoor record more relevant when it's hard courts, which most indoor courts are?

Does that really make that much of a difference at Wimbledon though? It's still grass

Isn't Federer's indoor record more relevant when it's hard courts, which most indoor courts are?

It should make a big difference to Federer as there will be no wind which means he can be more aggressive when going for winners which suits his game much better than more 'attritional' players such as Djokovic or Nadal (or to a lesser extent, Murray).

Â