Wimbledon thread

mjmooney

Only in Britain would some jumped up official insist that a game of tennis needs to finish by 11pm.

With floodlights and a roof - WHY?

Good job allowed it to go to 11.02pm in the end - else there would have been a riot.

Well done Murray in the end but that's the worst tennis I've seen him play for ages until he decided to up his game.

They said the 11pm curfew was enforced by the local authorities. Since the event is held in a residential area it is subject to different laws. I think it was Henman who was saying that it's something to do with when all the spectators leave and travel back home and ensuring the safety of people.

Yeah I heard Henman saying about the LA - but most of the residents rent their homes out to the players & tennis brigade during Wimbledon.

Just imagine some little Hitler on their council having a 2hour meeting to discuss it all to enforce the rule.

I loved McEnroe's reaction to the curfew.

Let me guess... "I think it's a very sensible idea if we take into consideration the ramifications it will have on the residents in this area"?

I loved McEnroe's reaction to the curfew.

Let me guess... "I think it's a very sensible idea if we take into consideration the ramifications it will have on the residents in this area"?

:lol: He said if it was a matter of people having to get taxis home he was willing to chip in to the kitty. And mentioned a similar match in Australia that BEGAN at midnight and finished at 4.00 AM.

Sharapova's gone and so has my interest in tennis.

She isn't that nice, and her stupid shrieking everytime she hits the ball is beyond annoying. Good riddance.

Sharapova's gone and so has my interest in tennis.

She isn't that nice, and her stupid shrieking everytime she hits the ball is beyond annoying. Good riddance.

She grunts like that whilst tossing your balls Risso, I guarantee you will maintain an interest.

:winkold:

Â