Wimbledon thread

mjmooney

Made up with this....

Murray and Federer are comfortably my two favourite Tennis players, infact Federer is probably my favourite sportsman so to have those two battling out in a Wimbledon final, it's still sinking in tbh.

Sunday's going to be good folks....well once the F1 finishes. :winkold:

Well done, Andy Murray.

I wasn't sure that he'd beat Ferrer and I didn't think he'd beat Tsonga but I'm glad he did. He won't beat Federer. Although, in their previous encounters, Murray has won more times than Federer.

It would be good to see Murray win but it would also be good to see Federer win. Either way, I'm looking forward to watching.

Question for Mike

Chris Evert or Sue Baker in the GILF contest ? Or are you not into younger women ?

Either. Both. Absolutely. They're both about a year or two younger than me, incidentally.

And yes, I do prefer them to the 20-something blonde ponytail clones currently playing.

Well done, Andy Murray.

I wasn't sure that he'd beat Ferrer and I didn't think he'd beat Tsonga but I'm glad he did. He won't beat Federer. Although, in their previous encounters, Murray has won more times than Federer.

It would be good to see Murray win but it would also be good to see Federer win. Either way, I'm looking forward to watching.

You say that but when has Murray ever beaten Federer in a grand slam final, or even a grand slam for that matter.

i do not know why the english support that miserable git murry. i swear i saw an interview a while ago where murry said he wanted england to fail at the last world cup?

It was a throwaway comment in response to a journo jokingly asking him 'So Andy are you going to be supporting Scotland in the World Cup [2006]?'. He responded 'Anyone but England ha-ha'.

It was an ill-advised joke but all of a sudden the press started rumours that he had bought a Paraguay shirt (story in the Sun - now taken down) and hated England and it stuck.

By all means, will Andy Murray to lose but don't do it on the basis of some throwaway comment he made 6 years ago as a kid (he was 19 at the time).

Personally I admire someone who strives to better himself and try and compete with three of the greatest players of all time.

The Andy Murray "anyone but England" myth is one of the most tedious things that gets wheeled out every year as to why people do not like him. Speaks volumes about the tabloid media in this country (who engineered the story) and the people who believe the story without questioning for one second what context the comments were actually made in. I hope he wins just to piss those sour faced words removed off.

Think it's his general demeanour that turns people off
Yep. When asked how he thought his family felt watching the last match, he deadpanned: "Dunno. Don't care, really". Honest answer, and not a crime, but part of being a top sportsman IS to think about how you come across to the public.

Having said that, McEnroe was worse in his day, and now he's everybody's favorite nice guy.

Â