Wimbledon thread

mjmooney

Federer is probably the greatest player on the planet ever. On his day, unplayable

He is pretty **** awesome isn't he?

Superb from both.

Federer is just relentless. After the first set where he clearly wasn't at his best he just turned the screw. Must be so tiring and disheartening to play him when he's like that.

Superb from both.

Federer is just relentless. After the first set where he clearly wasn't at his best he just turned the screw. Must be so tiring and disheartening to play him when he's like that.

Yeah the Nadal semi was similar last year. Murray played a great first set then played a lose game in the second and all the momentum was lost and transferred.

That's what the top 3 can do for you.

Great game by Federer. Murray's serve was just too poor at times, and lots of unforced errors. Still, when Federer plays that well you need to to.

And English people can laugh at Murray all they want, Murray is the only thing preventing British tennis from being shown up as the abject atrocity it is.

And English people can laugh at Murray all they want, Murray is the only thing preventing British tennis from being shown up as the abject atrocity it is.

Except an Englishman went home with a nice winners shield

A good effort by Murray, who does seem to slowly be getting better, unfortunately theres still a yawning chasm between him and Federer, Nadal and Djokovic. I listened to most of the match on the radio but saw a fair bit of the first set on the TV, where I was struck by just how often Murray hit the net on serve. Every other serve was hitting the net and it seemed to be taking it out of him.

Anywho - I've never really taken to Murray, I support him as he's a Brit representative but he never struck me as a particularly likeable chap. His choked up speech after the match has warmed me to him finally.

Â