Wimbledon thread

mjmooney

That would be Katie Boulter.  One of several up and coming young British tennis players.  They all seem to be called Katie too.  I actually thought Boulters doubles partner Katie Swan looked the better player having seen them both play now.

I saw the other Katy ( Dunne ) against Ostapenko the other day on Centre, having already enjoyed Muguruza and Broady earlier on. Seemed to end up watching rather a lot of ladies tennis there for some reason :detect:    Glorious sunshine and with a phenomenally English diet of pimms, pimms, cod and chips, pimms, strawberries and cream, and pimms. Then discovered the result of the England match via the underground doors on a tube station opening and hearing three lions blasting out the sound system. :thumb:

Cilic just losing now means it's a sleepwalk to the final for Federer now

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Epic SF going on between Anderson and Isner. 18/18 Final Set so far, no signs of a winner yet either. Could go on forever!

My mate has gone today.  Spent £400 on two tickets and might not even get to see Nadal v Djokovic ?

I think its a mistake not to have a 5th set tie-break. when you have two big servers like Anderson and Isner the match just goes on too long and Anderson will be at a disadvantage in the final now. I thought that was high quality stuff from Nadal and Djokovic. Djokovic has the advantage but I still wouldn't like to call it

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think its a mistake not to have a 5th set tie-break. when you have two big servers like Anderson and Isner the match just goes on too long and Anderson will be at a disadvantage in the final now. I thought that was high quality stuff from Nadal and Djokovic. Djokovic has the advantage but I still wouldn't like to call it

they have to change it. I think the idea of a tie break at like 10-10 or 12-12 for example is a workable compromise. Give space for the extended set but ultimately have a cut off limit built in.

Novak will win this now I think

16 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Anderson is a disgrace, hate it when players like this get to the final because it becomes a no-contest. Another slam for the drug cheat Djokovic then. 

I know the good Doctor loves a bit of hyperbole but a disgrace, really? The guy played over 50 games in 5th set just two days ago and is now playing against one of the best players of all time. 

I think it is OK to cut him some slack. 

13 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I know the good Doctor loves a bit of hyperbole but a disgrace, really? The guy played over 50 games in 5th set just two days ago and is now playing against one of the best players of all time. 

I think it is OK to cut him some slack. 

It's great for him that he's there, and he is there on merit, but nevertheless I despise these finals where a lower top 10 seed makes it and it becomes a dead rubber either because they bottle it or at too tired, and Anderson is probably a combination of the two. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's great for him that he's there, and he is there on merit, but nevertheless I despise these finals where a lower top 10 seed makes it and it becomes a dead rubber either because they bottle it or at too tired, and Anderson is probably a combination of the two. 

? You’ve lost the plot Dr P. Truly lost it. Have you watched any of Anderson’s matches other than today’s final?

Â