Lambert or OGS?

Demitri_C

Which one?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Paul Lambert
    • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

My number 1 choice is always Benitez. I think he has achieved more than expected at all his clubs bar Inter. And even there he didnt do too bad.

I like the sound of OSG also. Could be an inspired choice.

Not too gone on the idea of lambert to be honest. He's done well with Norwich, but his managerial record at other clubs is not too exciting bar a lucky Carling cup run. Wouldnt be over excited by Martinez either, but would give either of them a fair chance.

I put this in the PL thread before seeing this one.

Basically, Lambert edges it for me - particularly if we don't have much money to spend. I understand the excitement around Ole, it's the surprise factor as much as anything.

It's a bit like Dion Dublin or Juan Pablo Angel. JPA may have had the excitement factor, but Dublin was a better player for us, and I'd take that every time.

A week ago we were chanting Lambert's name at Carrow Rd.

We'll be happy with either and both would do well. I suspect Solskjaer would be better long-term (by far) but Lambert would have a much bigger instant-impact (thus making any naysayers shut up quickly). Either will do and we will improve with either.

My personal choice is for Solskjaer as I can see Lambert becoming more negative over time (like MON did) to keep up with the pressure of results. Where as Solskjaer imo would be more stubborn at implementing his nicer brand of football (maybe at our cost to begin with) But either will give us better football than last year, both have their pro's and cons.

I'd go for Ole. But it doesnt matter too much as both will be top managers in the future. Aslong as we dont get somebody riding a wave of lucky success (Di Matteo) or somebody on the slide (McCarthy, Curbishley) we'll all be very happy next season [unless you expect 8th upwards]

OGS all day long. I want fans back at VP create an atmosphere and playing good football. OGS is a risk and its exciting and will bring the fans back IMO.

If we get OGS I will be looking forward to next season a lot, Lambert is a good manager and while I dont have a problem with him at all I will just be slightly disheartened that its not Ole.

I agree totally. I'm sure Randy wants above all else VP to be full every week and linking us to Solskjaer has certainly galvanised the support, judging from on here. There is something that just feels right about him, but it will take time for changes to take place.

For me Lambert would be the safe (although a bit boring?) option, whereas Solskjær would be the exciting (and of course risky) one.

Now after two of the most miserable years I have ever spent being a Villa fan I know I could do with a bit of excitement.

I'm more than happy for OGS to be our manager.

But Lambert would still be my first choice.

Pretty much this for me.

Lambert was my first choice of realistic candidates on Thursday morning and the fact that since then I stand to win a few quid on Solskjaer becoming manager is not going to cloud my judgement.

OGS is the more exciting choice, with greater upside. Lambert is less exciting, but probably the safer choice.

But after a season of abject boredom, I'd like to see Ole get the gig.

There seems to be a 'Lambert is boring' trend quickly building here. But I dont remember any of this before the OGS bandwagon started to roll. Norwich played some good stuff last season and thats whats important not that the man himself is being highlighted as the typical dour scot.

For all of that and just to prove I can jump on a bandwagon as fast as the next. OSG would get the excitement back and restart a passion for Villa that was in danger of slipping last year and thats after 49 years following the claret and blue

Would prefer

Solskjaer

There is just something very boring

about Lambert although I do think

he is a decent mana

ger

???

Is that some kind of Haiku?

Back on topic, Lambert is too like MON and for that reason I'm out.

Guys - I am merely asking a question here, not meaning to be shot down..

What evidence do we have that Solskjaer will have this attacking brand of football, good influence on the senior players, big improvements over time that everyone on this site seems to be raving about??

I accept he's won the Norwegian league but what details are we aware of, to qualify us to say that he will make these kind of steps forward for us?

I kind of fear that fans have just jumped on this frenzy of OGS' possible appointment, purely because he's young and he's a big name... There is no hard evidence in my mind that we will have this magical impact many are predicting, to appoint OGS would be a HUGE risk by the board.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the kid as a player, and if he came in I'd back him all the way 100%. But does anyone else feel that we've kind of adopted this "Solskjaer or nobody" attitude now, and decent names such as Lambert et al are no longer seen as good enough?!!

Â