Lambert or OGS?

Demitri_C

Which one?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Paul Lambert
    • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

I did. It's been like a Diana Death reaction on here since the news of OGS broke last week.

As one who would prefere Lambert as he is the best man for the job (club is in no position to be taking the risk that comes with Solskjaer), you only have to see the reaction to those who dare to stick their head above the frenzy and suggest that maybe, just maybe, at this time OGS is not the right man for the job.

Its like you have told people you've shat in their kettle.

AMazing the power of youtube

I completely understand why you and others are nervous about OGS being appointed. It is a risk, but from what I know of him (and that does include the youtube documentary) I think he is exactly what we need.

Appointing Lambert would be a positive move, but I don't think we'd move away from te style of play we saw at the club under MON. It can be successful, but not sustainable in my opinion. If we went with Lambert it's definitely less of a risk, but we're going to maintain that style of play and we won't progress as much.

OGS is a risk, but he says the right things, comes across as a guy who knows exactly what kind of style he intends to impliment and is a winner. He would have to make big changes, but they're necessary if we want to ever get anywhere and win anything. The only thing that concerns me is for OGS to come in, not be backed financially and trying to get Dunne, Collins, Warnock and other less technically gifted players playing his style.

I understand the excitement with Solskjaer, and it would be interesting... but I'm worried about the risk too much too gun for him over Lambert. He may be a brilliant manager in the making but I'd be happier giving him a shot at Villa Park when someone else has risked their surivial on giving him a go.

I partly agree with this, but then there's a huge part of me which feels that if he did go to another club who were willing to take a risk, then his next move after that would be onto bigger and better things than us. Then we'd just miss out completely.

For the record, Lambert is definitely my number 2.

I'd accept the risk of him succeeding with another club to such a level we would never have him, over the risk of taking him on with the club in the state it is now and possibly having him fail and take the club with him.

I think we're such a precarious position I'm loathe to be too risky in the appointment we take right now - get it wrong and I think we could be headed for the trap door next season. A big gamble on a unproven if possibly good manager is not the move I would make.

But if we were to make it, OGS brings excitement in the shape of the unknown to the table I admit.

How many that have voted OGS have money on him?

I put a bet on but would still prefer Lambert. Slightly less risk, more experience and I feel we would need less of a complete squad overhaul, as I think Lambert would work better with what we have.

Still would be happy with either though.

On paper Lambert is far and away the best choice. The more I read about his background the better he looks.

On the other hand the romantic in me thinks OGS would be so exciting and unpredictable that a part of me wants him to come just to see what happens.

Think it's a case of heart vs head. I'd be more than happy with either.

Lambert, he has the better CV. End of.

And Houllier had won more than O'Neill.

McLeish fluked a cup and got to 9th.

etc

AM's CV was/is poor. Houllier is old and wasn't really here long enough for comparison with MON, and in terms of CV it isn't just about what you've won.

The speculation regarding Solksjaer has generated a wave of excitement around the club, the likes of which we have not seen since the FA cup semi final.

Even though it could go wrong, it's worth the risk. It should get a few more bums on seats.

That said, I'd be happy with Lambert.

Not about the video for me, although that helps in terms of learning more about how he wants the game to be played.

I think Solskjær's way of playing football could take us further than Lambert's.

I think Solskjær has a bigger name internationally that might help us attract better players than Lambert can, a name that might make players choose us over the Everton's, the Newcastle's and the Sunderland's of this world. With Lambert I think it's more of a 50/50.

Besides, I think Solskjær would fill the stadium from day one, and create a much needed buzz around the place. Lambert would be all right, but he's not a stadium filler :D

Not about the video for me, although that helps in terms of learning more about how he wants the game to be played.

I think Solskjær's way of playing football could take us further than Lambert's.

I think Solskjær has a bigger name internationally that might help us attract better players than Lambert can, a name that might make players choose us over the Everton's, the Newcastle's and the Sunderland's of this world. With Lambert I think it's more of a 50/50.

Besides, I think Solskjær would fill the stadium from day one, and create a much needed buzz around the place. Lambert would be all right, but he's not a stadium filler :D

Yes. All of this.

This poll is ridiculous. I know we had a bad year last season but the lather some people are getting themselves into over a totally unproven manager whose teams they've almost certainly never seen play is farcical.

Lambert the best candidate for the job.

This poll is ridiculous. I know we had a bad year last season but the lather some people are getting themselves into over a totally unproven manager whose teams they've almost certainly never seen play is farcical.

Lambert the best candidate for the job.

This, although I'm excited by both, just because they're still better than McLeish.

Â