Lambert or OGS?

Demitri_C

Which one?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Paul Lambert
    • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

I don;t want Lambert. A poor man's Martin O'Neill who will spend £9m ona 31 yr old Gran Holt.

OGS is the stand out candidate for me and I would rather we have him or Brendan Rodgers who has far more experience with workign with young players and plays proper football unlike the kick and rush tactics of MON's lovechild.

Plus he is a dour miserable bastard and I'd much rather we have someone who improves our public perception both on and off the field.

not one of those opinions make sense or is factually correct......

and what is some peoples obsession with Paul Lambert being MON....

its ridiculous and counter productive for their arguements...

coz its a **** positive if anything...

i feel sorry for the guy the amount of times hes been called a miserable bastard...

and im pretty sure the public perception of him is that hes done a fantastic job at Norwich and plays good football...

so far the reasons people dont want Lambert are:

1. Hes a miserable bastard

2. Hes like MON

3. Plays direct football

4. Will only buy British

5. Could be the next Owen Coyle

6. Hes a miserable bastard

Does anybody actually have any real negatives, intelligently thought out and that don't involve the fact he is not the exciting, exhilarating, respectful and hungry OGS?

We don't have much money so we need a new approach.

For me OSG will do a better job coaching and bring through our next crop of youth players. I think OSG and his team will have a better knowledge of European players and I think OSG would make us more of an attractive option for transfer targets.

The club needs big changes and I think OSG and his coaching staff would be better at implementing a philosophy and attitude at the club that will benefit us long term.

OSG for me every single time.

Make it happen Lener. You owe us for the last one.

It makes it very easy to spot those who don't know what they're talking about and to ignore them at your leisure.

For me OSG will do a better job coaching and bring through our next crop of youth players. I think OSG and his team will have a better knowledge of European players and I think OSG would make us more of an attractive option for transfer targets.

The club needs big changes and I think OSG and his coaching staff would be better at implementing a philosophy and attitude at the club that will benefit us long term.

I presume you mean OGS!

Could you please explain why you have arrived at your opinion? What exactly has led to you drawing the conclusion that OGS would de a better job coaching and bringing through youth team players than Paul Lambert? How many youth team players has he brought through at Molde?

Please explain this?

What makes you think that OGS has the first clue about transfers or European based players? The man spent his entire career in England and Norway FFS!!

Can you even name his coaching staff?

And what is his philosophy and attitude?

Are you basing your entire opinion on fantasy?

I presume you mean OGS!

Could you please explain why you have arrived at your opinion? What exactly has led to you drawing the conclusion that OGS would de a better job coaching and bringing through youth team players than Paul Lambert? How many youth team players has he brought through at Molde?

Please explain this?

What makes you think that OGS has the first clue about transfers or European based players? The man spent his entire career in England and Norway FFS!!

Why does he need to?

He has a preference just like you do.

So what if you dont agree? Madness....

His coaching staff are two blokes who he took from Man UTD when he left there originally. I could dig up their names but really CBA. I don't not know their names 'cos they're not very good, I don't know their names cos I dont know coaches names. Highly respected coaches too.

His philosophy is to get the ball down, pass and move. Go through the middle rather than out wide. No long balls.

That is all fact.

I presume you mean OGS!

Please explain this?

it's all based on gut instinct, the fact that he's young himself and isn't Scottish...

i didn't realise until we were linked with OGS that age and nationality reflects your ability to develop young players...

Man Utd kids must look at Ferguson and think "feck off Grandad" and only play a stormer coz Giggsy had a quite word

I think we have a younger generation who are falling over themselves to appoint OGS (most based on a 40 minute youtube video).

We then have the older generation who can see that Lambert provides a more considered and proven option whilst still offering a change in philosophy.

For me (as an older git), its Lambert all day long.

I don;t want Lambert. A poor man's Martin O'Neill who will spend £9m ona 31 yr old Gran Holt.

OGS is the stand out candidate for me and I would rather we have him or Brendan Rodgers who has far more experience with workign with young players and plays proper football unlike the kick and rush tactics of MON's lovechild.

Plus he is a dour miserable bastard and I'd much rather we have someone who improves our public perception both on and off the field.

not one of those opinions make sense or is factually correct......

its ridiculous and counter productive for their arguements...

coz its a **** positive if anything...

i feel sorry for the guy the amount of times hes been called a miserable bastard...

and im pretty sure the public perception of him is that hes done a fantastic job at Norwich and plays good football...

so far the reasons people dont want Lambert are:

1. Hes a miserable bastard

2. Hes like MON

3. Plays direct football

4. Will only buy British

5. Could be the next Owen Coyle

6. Hes a miserable bastard

Does anybody actually have any real negatives, intelligently thought out and that don't involve the fact he is not the exciting, exhilarating, respectful and hungry OGS?

i really think you are forgetting the singel most important reason: grant holt !!! also its not very uncommon for newly promoted teams to have moderatly succeces their first season in PL, and the next either be relegated or just scraping by. OGS seems to me and a lot others too be the kind of manager to come in and change the playingstyle, attitude and squad to be a more entertaing and probably success full side, while lambert will probably continue down the same track as we have been since MON with pragmatic and boring football and get the best out of a weak and predomantly british squad. that will win you a good bunch of games a season but will never take you further than a ok league position.

Lambert
But... but... he's an ex-CELTIC player!!! :o

Is this supposed to imply something? :?:

I agree with Villastine.

WTF has Lambert being an ex Celtic player got to do with whether he would be a good Manager for the Villa?

Sometimes words fail me.

I presume you mean OGS!

Please explain this?

Why does he need to?

Fair comment. :oops:

My tone was a bit out of whack…in fairness I am just trying to understand why so many people on here have drawn the same conclusion? They were questions more than criticisms.

I presume you mean OGS!

Please explain this?

Why does he need to?

Fair comment. :oops:

My tone was a bit out of whack…in fairness I am just trying to understand why so many people on here have drawn the same conclusion? They were questions more than criticisms.

Fair play for that response.

This week has been one of the most positive on here for a long while. Lets not ruin it. Yes we all have different preferences (I am not on about Wiggy's love of trannys).

But so what? The way I see it is that I am happy if its OGS and happy if its Lambert. So whoever gets the job is going to ride on a wave of positivity.

Lets just be happy it isn't Eck or Mad Mick.

also its not very uncommon for newly promoted teams to have moderatly succeces their first season in PL, and the next either be relegated or just scraping by.

Only part of the story. They aren’t just promoted. They have gone from Division 1 to the Championship in consecutive seasons, with a manager who at another club reached the carling cup final. I don’t think that Taylor who took Watford from Div 1 to the Premiership, then managed to keep them in the premiership. Maybe the Adkins at Southampton will achieve in part what Lambert has, but thats the future.

while lambert will probably continue down the same track as we have been since MON with pragmatic and boring football and get the best out of a weak and predomantly british squad.

this is the negative aimed at Lambert that really irks me...

its such a generalisation based on no facts...

i accept your opinion of Lambert playing boring football but i disagree completely..beating swansea away 3-2? beating Newcastle 4-2? drawing 3-3 away to Arsenal?

why will our squad be weak under Lambert? why wouldn't he strengthen it?...

Lambert has bought British, but he has been managing Colchester and Norwich whos funds and scouting system to bring in foreigh talent would have been minimal...

very few lower division teams are full of foreign flair...the tendency is to buy British with people who know what it takes to get the team promoted...

i still maintain he is being tainted with unfair criticisms

Lambert
But... but... he's an ex-CELTIC player!!! :o

Is this supposed to imply something? :?:

I agree with Villastine.

WTF has Lambert being an ex Celtic player got to do with whether he would be a good Manager for the Villa?

Sometimes words fail me.

i think Mike was joking

Youth players - well OGS got his coaching badges at one of the biggest clubs in the world. He gained most of his experience working with the youth team and reserve team at Manchester united. Helping players like wellbeck, cleverly and Raphael develop to the level expected of the first team. That to me shows he'd be good working with our young players. Also the fact that 10 years ago he was scoring in a champions league final means those youngsters will respect him.

Coaches - don't know names but again know that they came from Manchester united. Along with OGS they were surrounded by a winnig mentality and philosophy at united and they have said its the kind of attitude and philosophy they are trying to implement at Molde.

Â