Lambert or OGS?

Demitri_C

Which one?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Paul Lambert
    • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Pretty much same as demetri don't mind both but I think lambert has that extra edge already having that prem experience. But whoever it may be just hope fans back him (lambert or ogs)

What's premier league experience got to do with it? Randy mad Faulkner were lambasted for wanting that as a criteria.

Something new vibrant exciting unknown - a journey into the unknown but the end of that journey might just be a rollercoaster and exhillarating.

OSG for me all the way!

Pretty much same as demetri don't mind both but I think lambert has that extra edge already having that prem experience. But whoever it may be just hope fans back him (lambert or ogs)

What's premier league experience got to do with it? Randy mad Faulkner were lambasted for wanting that as a criteria.

They were mostly lambasted for taking two relegations as an acceptable level of top flight experience.

They were mostly lambasted for taking two relegations as an acceptable level of top flight experience.

But still premier league was the be all and end all. This time it's not and the choices are better than we've ever.

In the short term I think Lambert would be the best choice. I think he could take our team, make a couple of signings and have us back in the top 10 for next season, and we'd stay there for a while untill he'd leave and we'd have to go through this whole process again.

OGS on the other hand is looking at the future of the club 10-15years down the line. Will bring a buzz back to the place and I think he could really develop the club with a new philosophy to football, almost what Martinez did at Swansea. Plus I think he'd stay here for a good few years too. Only thing with that appraoch though, is that I fear it would take time to implement his ideas into the current squad, so we may have yet another "transition" season. I for one am completely behind that, I've said for a long time now we need to change the way the club plays football, we need to get up to speed with modern football and get back to basics with simple "pass and move". Judging by the video of OGS it seems that is exactly what he's done at Molde. So I really really really hope Randy goes for him.

Conclusion, I echo what Mantis said...

OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE!

Both Lambert and OGS are good prospects.

I think that if we can get OGS it will raise the media profile of the club, and undo a lot of the damage done by the last woeful appointment.

OGS would probably put more bums on seats initially and sell more merchandise, so financially that would be a plus. I'm also guessing that compensation would be less.

The next 2/3 seasons under Lambert would be reasonably safe and steady under his management, and imo would move us back into the top half of the Premiership.

OGS would definitely be a more risky appointment, but if we don't take that risk and he eventually goes on to bigger and better things, we would kick ourselves for not being brave enough to have tried to get him. This is probably the only time in his career when he is likely to be available to us.

Let's live a little and enjoy the excitement and uncertainty that employing Ole would entail.

OGS for Villa! UTV!!!!

Poll should include an either option.

I am happy with either.

If I were the villa board - I would go with the one that be concluded quicker. If we can tie up Ole by the end of next week - do it - Rather than waiting 3 more weeks will he \ won't he - if we fart about we could end up missing out on both !

Both look good appointments for us - so my message to Randy is get a manager in place by the end of next week. In all the euphoria lets not forget the next villa manager has a massive job on his hands.

OGS all day long. I want fans back at VP create an atmosphere and playing good football. OGS is a risk and its exciting and will bring the fans back IMO.

If we get OGS I will be looking forward to next season a lot, Lambert is a good manager and while I dont have a problem with him at all I will just be slightly disheartened that its not Ole.

i would be very happy with Lambert - but for some reason i don't want to be a fan of the club that poached another prem manager, as i like Norwich and their fans. But hey sometimes that's just football.

With OGS it feels like something fresh new and exciting, something that is ours (okay i know he is Molde's but if he leaves for us we will be the first Prem club he comes to, maybe not the last), he is something risky but someone we can get behind and give a fair chance.

I don't think he will be a success overnight if he does come, we will have to be patient, but after the dire McCleish reign - i think as long as we see signs of OSG playing in a way where we can see what he is trying to do and we have hope then we will back him.

I'm also in the camp of "initially lambert, but now OGS". From all accounts, we have a group of unruly seniors, lots of promising prospects, and no consistent footballing approach. From what I've seen and heard of OGS, I think he's the best candidate to deal with these circumstances.

Of course, I don't sit in on the interviews with Randy... :)

I wouldn't mind either i just get the feeling PL's footy will be more like MON's. I'd rather wait a few more years to be challenging if it meant building a really good base for positive passing football.

The Birmingham Mail are reporting today that OGS has told Molde he wants to leave for villa

Over to you randy

Where did you manage to get a Birmingham Mail on a Sunday?

It's a long story, but there's this thing called the internet.

Â