Lambert or OGS?

Demitri_C

Which one?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Paul Lambert
    • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Can a mod make this a poll please? Both seem the favourites among media and fans. It seems abit divided on here so I simply ask which of the two do you prefer and why?

Be interesting to see which percentage is higher. For me us a tough one but I am going to put my neck out and say lambert based on the incredible achievements he has done in his managerial career OGS is still abit green for me and abit if a gamble which we may not be able to take.

I will be happy with both, both are young and will bring a more exiting form of football with them where we actually will try to score goals and wind games again. I will support either one but as a norwegian OSG would be nice because of all the media attention Villa would get here and everything that will follow with that, more games shown on the telly and hopefully lots of kids wearing Villa shirts :)

I wanted Lambert but got caught up in the Solskjær frenzy and was won over when I watched the YouTube video, I haven't bet on either so am partial there but just so want Olè in charge immediately...

Didn't the Norwich board give a resounding NO to any approach for lambert ?

I'd much prefer OGS, lambert just doesn't inspire me at all

on friday you were all 'lambert is the only man for us & ogs is shit' now it's the other way around..

Didn't the Norwich board give a resounding NO to any approach for lambert ?

I'd much prefer OGS, lambert just doesn't inspire me at all

on friday you were all 'lambert is the only man for us & ogs is shit' now it's the other way around..

Not once have I advocated lambert for manager?

I don't mind TBH.

I would hope that the club would have chatted to both at length, listened to their ideas. Discussed our brilliant academy, which has

yet again produced a crop of players who have reached the HK Sevens final later today and decided who would be the best for the

job.

Rumours are Martinez has spoken to us as well as others too.

I never post on here, but do read it all the time.

Just incase one extra voice is needed.....OGS.

Pretty important for the Team coach driver has prem experience...getting lost before a game is a bugger. But its more important the coach knows his squad than anything else.

ta

I was pretty solidly Lambert at the end of the season, but OGS rumours has really excited me. I think our club needs to be exciting again just as much as it does successful. Whilst Lambert is more likely to bring success, it'll only be midtable obscurity success. I'd rather be exciting again right now, even if it means 14th -17th placed finish over a 9th or 10th.

I do genuinely think OGS will do well here though, so I'm certainly backing him.

Should it fall through, Lambert would be a great choice thoug.

Hi. New poster. I'd be more than happy with Lambert and he'd have my full support as manager, but I think Solskjær has the "je ne sais quoi" factor. I'd be thrilled to have him at Villa and would be prepared to give him a good bit of time to mold(e) the team into something that reflected his approach to the game. For reasons I can't entirely qualify, I can envision a greater upside to having him at the club.

This is a hard one to call for me. I like OGS' personality and everything I've seen of him as a manager suggests he's got quality. Still, these little behind the scenes segments you see of managers are always carefully crafted for PR. For example, before the championship playoff yesterday, they had a little feature on Fat Sam's techniques that made him look like a Ferguson-tier tactical mastermind of attacking football. In spite of everything I knew, it almost had me fooled right up until kickoff, after which West Ham were under the cosh most of the game.

This club is still quite precariously poised atm, despite all the feelgood factor of ditching McLeish and being linked to some half-decent managers. Solksjaer would have been a risk I could fully get behind maybe after MON or Houllier, but Lambert might be the safer pair of hands if next season starts out rough. Then again, Solksjaer might have the potential to take us higher than Lambert if he can keep morale high, I feel.

50/50 for me. I won't be disappointed in either one at this stage though.

Â