Lambert or OGS?

Demitri_C

Which one?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Paul Lambert
    • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

...so he gets the job? ^^

Not to be trite, but I want the manager with the better CV in ten years. There's no way of knowing how things will play out, of course, but my gut tells me Solskjær may have bigger and better things ahead of him.

I understand the excitement with Solskjaer, and it would be interesting... but I'm worried about the risk too much too gun for him over Lambert. He may be a brilliant manager in the making but I'd be happier giving him a shot at Villa Park when someone else has risked their surivial on giving him a go.

i understand this point of view but i think a good example to use is everton. they took a huge gamble on moyes, unproven at top level and look at that turned out. like some have said this will be now or never with solsjaker. i really think another prem club will come in for him at some point

i have been been pitching for lambo for a while but the way solskjaer has conducted himself and he just speaks so highly of our club id be willing to give him the opportunity based on the fans will be so behind this guy will give the team a huge lift, something mcleish could never do. i am swaying towards OGS now.

saying that lambert still would be a very good appointment none the less so am happy with either!

This poll is ridiculous. I know we had a bad year last season but the lather some people are getting themselves into over a totally unproven manager whose teams they've almost certainly never seen play is farcical.

Lambert the best candidate for the job.

absolutely 100% this for me

My head says Lambert, but my heart says OGS... but which to chose?

Always follow my heart, OGS!

Same here except for the last bit. In these situations I prefer to let my head have the casting vote.

Voted Lambert for that reason.

I want OGS to be our manager with the sort of giddy excitement of a lovestruck teenager. But then again I was a lovestruck teenager many years ago, and I remember how that worked out.

I didn't expect the poll to be quite so lopsided though :shock:
I did. It's been like a Diana Death reaction on here since the news of OGS broke last week.

As one who would prefere Lambert as he is the best man for the job (club is in no position to be taking the risk that comes with Solskjaer), you only have to see the reaction to those who dare to stick their head above the frenzy and suggest that maybe, just maybe, at this time OGS is not the right man for the job.

Its like you have told people you've shat in their kettle.

AMazing the power of youtube

Just like Arsenal took a gamble on a manager who managed Monaco and then some side in the J-league.........

Sometimes it's worth taking a gamble.

It could come and bite us on the arse, but could equally be the best thing to happen to us......

OGS vote from me. I think after the last two appointments the club has got a lot of rebuilding to do and it's the perfect opportunity to get someone in with a longer term plan and a fresh approach. If Lambert got the job, our opponents would just watch videos of Norwich from last year. With OGS I think it would be a lot harder for them to predict what was going to happen.

This poll is ridiculous. I know we had a bad year last season but the lather some people are getting themselves into over a totally unproven manager whose teams they've almost certainly never seen play is farcical.

Lambert the best candidate for the job.

I'm more towards this, TBH.

Just like Arsenal took a gamble on a manager who managed Monaco and then some side in the J-league.........

Sometimes it's worth taking a gamble.

Wenger had a very good track record at Monaco. There was far less of a gamble there than is generally supposed.

The problem I have with a gamble in our situation is this - this club is an inch over the trapdoor right now.

This has the potential to completely blow up in our faces. I suspect Lambert would be a much safer appointment.

OGS is a roll of the dice we don't need to take. Small clubs do because they find it hard to attract a manager. We don't.

I voted for Ole. Yes he may be too young. Yes he may be too inexperienced. Yes he is definitely a risk but there is an optimism with him. He's someone that wants to coach at Villa. Some one who knows the prestige of the club and respects the history of the club. I'd be happy with Lambert and he would be a great appointment but OGS may be the charasmatic leadership the team and the club need. He'll recognize those that mail it in and those that give their all. He'll immediately have the respect of every player and if there's one that doesn't show the appropriate respect he'll show them the door. He'll have a lot to prove and he'll have a lot riding on this appointment. Hope he gets the nod from the board.

I don;t want Lambert. A poor man's Martin O'Neill who will spend £9m ona 31 yr old Gran Holt.

OGS is the stand out candidate for me and I would rather we have him or Brendan Rodgers who has far more experience with workign with young players and plays proper football unlike the kick and rush tactics of MON's lovechild.

Plus he is a dour miserable bastard and I'd much rather we have someone who improves our public perception both on and off the field.

I would prefer Lambert, and the reason is simple.

Lambert has had premier league experience OGS has not.

If that was the basis of the manager search, why not MM as well ;)

I really don't agree with this whole PL experience thing.. I mean look at Wenger,SAF,mourinho all didn't have P Lexperience and they seemed to do well. Albeit completely different situations but you still see where im coming from..

If Lambert and Martinez turn us down I would be happy with OGS.

Lambert could really do something incredible here. If he can get Norwich from League 1 to a deserved 9th place in the Prem on a tiny budget then he could achieve anything here. Lambert is a winner and he will have an incredible career. I just hope its here at Villa Park.

Martinez too could be a hit. We would be guaranteed a change in football philosophy which I would gladly welcome. I have no doubt that our players have the ability to adapt to his style. It would be very interesting to see how he would do.

OGS is the least experienced of the three. He has won the Norwegian league for Molde for the first time in their history but this was done with significant financial backing. He comes across very well. But he is so short on experience that it is impossible to speculate on how he would face up to the task that awaits at Villa.

Poyet would be a similar option to OGS.

Â