Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

When did I say that they would? 'If' is used to indicate a hypothetical scenario, at no point did I say that it would be either likely to happen or would happen. 

You really should read posts more carefully. 

And at no point did I say you said it would happen. I just said "it's absurd to expect..."

Maybe you yourself should read posts more carefully.

Edited by vreitti

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

And at no point did I say you said it would happen. I just said "it's absurd to expect..."

Maybe you yourself should read post more carefully.

But I'm not expecting that to happen and said nothing that would indicate as such. 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I like how you've said that his amount of assists isn't good enough here, and then immediately de-valued the assist statistic just in case anybody think it is good :D

Good work

Is this an attempt to be clever?

just because I personally don't place much value to these stats- doesn't mean they don't exist or that I can have an opinion on them - regardless of how I see them - wow!!

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Is this an attempt to be clever?

just because I personally don't place much value to these stats- doesn't mean they don't exist or that I can have an opinion on them - regardless of how I see them - wow!!

It just read as

"That's not very good... but in case somebody decides it IS good then I think that stat is meaningless anyway"

Relax, it was tongue in cheek.

13 minutes ago, dukes said:

Yes you are right, 84 goals in 11.5 seasons and 384 games (or 1 goal every 4.5 appearances), which is around 7 goals per season is that good enough to warrant praise ?

Rudy Gestede scored 10 goals in 58 appearances for Villa over 1.5 seasons which gives roughly 6 goals per season, I think you would agree that Villa fans don't hold him in high regard, and perhaps think of him as a limited player ? During Gestede's time at the club Gabby played 27 games [15 games (2015-2016) and 12 games (2016-2017)] and scored 1 goal. The last season Gabby got into double figures for goals was 2009-2010 (7 seasons ago).......so why does he continue to have so much blind support ?

The guy had 4 decent seasons between 2006 and 2010, and in that time gave us some good memories, but he has struggled for form since and compounded that by  insulting the club and the fans with his behaviour when he was needed most. Personally i'd like to see someone else given an opportunity rather than waste time giving him a chance to regain the form that we have hardly seen in the last 7 years !

This^

I think we should all support anyone wearing our badge on the field during the 90 minutes when it matters, no question. However, I cannot find many arguments supporting him elsewhere and if we cannot get rid, then priority should be finding better options and giving him as little game time as possible. As stated OTT, what matters is now and he's just not performing as much as I'd hope he would.

Edited by osmark86

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It just read as

"That's not very good... but in case somebody decides it IS good then I think that stat is meaningless anyway"

Relax, it was tongue in cheek.

Ok cool - maybe lost in translation?

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Clock clicking down to transfer deadline. People still arguing about Gabby. We obviously meed some deals.

Don't worry JV only one more sleep till it SLAMS SHUT and then we can just all get back to telling each other how much hatred we feel towards him :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Don't worry JV only one more sleep till it SLAMS SHUT and then we can just all get back to telling each other how much hatred we feel towards him :P

Hatred - this is such a strong word and one I will never use in any post about Gabby- clearly you all know that in my opinion he is no where near good enough to represent Aston Villa even in this league- but crikey we are only debating football not war. I for one will only post on footballing ability.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Hatred - this is such a strong word and one I will never use in any post about Gabby- clearly you all know that in my opinion he is no where near good enough to represent Aston Villa even in this league- but crikey we are only debating football not war. I for one will only post on footballing ability.

Dave it really wasn't anything you said, it's the 598 pages beforehand ;)

4 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Dave it really wasn't anything you said, it's the 598 pages beforehand ;)

No I realise this and I wasn't implying anything either - in fact I think we were both agreeing that the word hatred is not for here.

thanks fella :-))

19 minutes ago, Dave J said:

No I realise this and I wasn't implying anything either - in fact I think we were both agreeing that the word hatred is not for here.

thanks fella :-))

Agreeing ? I hate that !

• Like 1

Â