Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Lerners fault that Gaby is shit?

Its RL fault that we got relegated.

A league lower and Gaby is still shit

or is it Lerners fault that no matter how lower a league he's in, he needs an ultimatum to get fit

BUT STILL CANT F*******G SCORE

• Like 3

19 hours ago, avfc1982 said:

And if we're gonna compare Agbonlahor and Benteke, how many of the latters goals were consolation goals? Benteke was a good player but Gabby contributed more. He scored big goals in big games, winners. Benteke not nearly as many. That's why when in years to come when they're compared Gabby will always come out on top. 

Is this serious ?

in years to come we won't be wistfully remembering the days Gabby scored in big games, most likely we'll be remembering all the 1 on 1's he missed.

Being honest it's been so long that I'm already starting to struggle to remember his last meaningful contribution. 

Will never be revered in the same was as other payers from the same period, and certainly not the player whose goals single handedly saved us from relegation.

he has always been pace, pace and pace, as a footballer he is technically limited, and his pace is not what it was.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dukes said:

Is this serious ?

in years to come we won't be wistfully remembering the days Gabby scored in big games, most likely we'll be remembering all the 1 on 1's he missed.

Being honest it's been so long that I'm already starting to struggle to remember his last meaningful contribution. 

Will never be revered in the same was as other payers from the same period, and certainly not the player whose goals single handedly saved us from relegation.

he has always been pace, pace and pace, as a footballer he is technically limited, and his pace is not what it was.

Agreed, Benteke will always hold a special place in my heart, along with Carew and Angel but Gabby has always just been one of us (granted, faster than most of us overweight keyboard warriors) living the dream and he can't be knocked for his efforts, but, in recent years he has took a massive shit on that preconception and burnt too many bridges for most.

Kudos to Bruce for trying but his end product (which is basically a forwards brief) just isn't good enough anymore. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2017 at 20:24, Dave J said:

Do you think that's good in over 300 games? I don't - however I will say this, the whole assist stats are a nonsense in my view- a simple straight forward pass that requires little or no ability is classed as an assist. Not knocking you Doug - I just personally do not put much credence to them 

I like how you've said that his amount of assists isn't good enough here, and then immediately de-valued the assist statistic just in case anybody think it is good :D

Good work

If Gabby busts his arse and gets double figures by the end of the season, he'll be on the way to getting some of his reputation back. 

Most football fans have short memories and to be honest, the present is all that really matters anyway - which is why people dislike (or hate) him now but might be more receptive to him if he does the aforementioned. 

16 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:

Gabby thread = new Ashley Westwood thread :trollface:

... and way more justified.  Club Captain, over weight, with booze and birds in London, on the day we got relegated in Manchester.

One of our our own though.

I also think Bacuna has got off lightly in his thread as well.

15 minutes ago, philgetaway said:

... and way more justified.  Club Captain, over weight, with booze and birds in London, on the day we got relegated in Manchester.

One of our our own though.

I also think Bacuna has got off lightly in his thread as well.

Honestly, I don't think we should abuse any of our players. I know I have had digs at Gabby, but I have also had digs at people with beards (who are less of a man than people who shave, may I add). But if Gabby really wants to make up for all of that, we should give him a chance.

I'll probably still have jokey little digs. But I want the best for Villa and if that means Gabby scoring goals I am right behind it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dukes said:

Is this serious ?

Well no, his record will say he scored more than 80 goals for the first team (more than most in the last 30 years). If you want to ignore that and concentrate on him getting pissed up with a few birds in London that's up to you. 

I think I am harsh on him because I expect so much more and because he is a Villa fan. I guess that is why he gets a bit more stick from me. I miss those days of bouncing around in the Holte after Gabby smashes in a winner... "Gabby Gabby Gabby Gabby Agbon-lahorrrrrrr" - those few years we magic. 

53 minutes ago, lexicon said:

If Gabby busts his arse and gets double figures by the end of the season, he'll be on the way to getting some of his reputation back. 

Most football fans have short memories and to be honest, the present is all that really matters anyway - which is why people dislike (or hate) him now but might be more receptive to him if he does the aforementioned. 

I've been seeing comments like this sprouted around for a while now. It's getting really tiresome. The goals won't miraculously just reappear because he "busts his arse". When will people finally realise he's more or less done at this level. The statistics speak for themselves.

I think it's great he's been playing better, and I do hope it continues, but it's absurd to expect some sort of massive turnover in terms of goals.

42 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I just want us to score goals, not bothered who scores them.

This is it really.

Should we play players who are NOT going to score though?

Selecting Gaby is like waiting for a train at the platform when the display reads "Cancelled"

Quite a few others are standing around too.

Maybe just having a fag waiting for a different train

1 hour ago, DK82 said:

Honestly, I don't think we should abuse any of our players. I know I have had digs at Gabby, but I have also had digs at people with beards (who are less of a man than people who shave, may I add). But if Gabby really wants to make up for all of that, we should give him a chance.

I'll probably still have jokey little digs. But I want the best for Villa and if that means Gabby scoring goals I am right behind it!

I have never abused our players from the terraces and I agree what youre saying.  My point in context was in relation to the abuse in the Westwood thread - on a internet forum.

As I said I agree.  I wish the people around me in the upper holte (lower bit) would take the advice.  Some of the shouting at Grealish against Preston was awful.

Just now, Grasshopper said:

This is it really.

Should we play players who are NOT going to score though?

Selecting Gaby is like waiting for a train at the platform when the display reads "Cancelled"

Quite a few others are standing around too.

Maybe just having a fag waiting for a different train

I've been a critic of Gabby and I still feel really really disappointed about his antics/behaviour. But if he is in the team we have to back him to score and we also have to give the new guys a chance to help him score. We probably won't go up, so this is last chance saloon now - and he has to provide.

32 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I've been seeing comments like this sprouted around for a while now. It's getting really tiresome. The goals won't miraculously just reappear because he "busts his arse". When will people finally realise he's more or less done at this level. The statistics speak for themselves.

I think it's great he's been playing better, and I do hope it continues, but it's absurd to expect some sort of massive turnover in terms of goals.

When did I say that they would? 'If' is used to indicate a hypothetical scenario, at no point did I say that it would be either likely to happen or would happen. 

You really should read posts more carefully. 

Â