Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

12 hours ago, DK82 said:

I just pray it doesn't end with another contract extension.

Unless he magically turns into Jamie Vardy amd wins us the title, I just don't see that happening.

Unless he turns into the Pirlo type midfielder he said he wanted to be for Villa in the long term. lol

• Like 1

A much tidier version of my blog posted on the previous page, complete with pics and everything - http://www.avillafan.com/24766/hero-turned-villain-defence-gabby-agbonlahor/

I was offered the chance to write it by avillafan by the way, I'm not defecting! 

No matter what your overriding opinion of Gabby Agbonlahor is, there is no denying that the one time Holte End hero turned villain divides opinion like no other. From last minute derby day winners, England call ups and leaving the likes of Manchester United in his wake to smoking anything he can get his hands on and hotel piss ups on the day this once famous club is relegated, his fall from grace has been a slow, meandering and ultimately painful one.

:snip:

• Like 2

Interesting to hear Bruce interviewed and saying that everything he was doing with Gabby was geared towards January because he knew we'd have a couple of attackers missing for ACON

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Interesting to hear Bruce interviewed and saying that everything he was doing with Gabby was geared towards January because he knew we'd have a couple of attackers missing for ACON

Shock...horror?

Don't care he is a word removed.

:ph34r:

:trollface:

On 05/01/2017 at 23:58, DK82 said:

At the end of the day I hope he scores goals to win us games, because that is good for Aston Villa. I just pray it doesn't end with another contract extension.

Agree that said I'm pretty sure it won't. Contract expires next summer. We will try and sell this summer to get some money if possible or release him on a free next summer. Either way he won't be a long term solution for the club. Shop window time for him.

3 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Agree that said I'm pretty sure it won't. Contract expires next summer. We will try and sell this summer to get some money if possible or release him on a free next summer. Either way he won't be a long term solution for the club. Shop window time for him.

The latter seems more likely. It's incredibly difficult to imagine any club (and i include China) offering him anywhere near what he is reportedly on here, and It's even more difficult to imagine Gabby wanting to take a pay cut at this stage of his career. 

Well, he won a corner that wasn't given, and had a go with a shot that got blocked. Not a lot to come out of 77 minutes of play though.

Still not particularly impressed that he started.

• Like 1

Considering he's been on several 'Regimes' to get him back to match fitness he looks knackered straight after kick off. 

He was a slight nuisance to their defence but his lack of fitness and now pace limits the impact he is picked for. 

• Like 2

He was basically a ship lost at sea today with zero service as usual from our 6 at the back tactics which were clearly just to stop us getting hammered.  Didn't appear to do much wrong and was unlucky with the corner and shot which could easily have been a goal on another day. Wasn't our worst player.

Hahah.  He was lagging,  but he probably shouldn't have been telling us what he did.

It was a shit pool party in the week.  Pretty empty.

First, in the toilet he tried saying hello to me in an American accent.

I said I know you aint American Gabs!! I was with some people who played against him for Spurs reserves. 

He came and had a booze with us.

Told us;

He was sick of football after 20 yrs.

Was pleased to be in Vegas rather than the Euros (it was in June 2012)

And the only way he could get motivated was if he joined Arsenal who he would play for for free.

That didn't go down well with a load of West ham and spurs!!!

Refreshing honestly and a reminder that they are human beings.

Its **** showed 100% in the 4 years since.  What a wasted career.

Then his mate had a barney with Reo coker and they got launched!! 

Just had this sent to me by a spurs supporting pal off another forum I'm on recalling the time he met him a few years ago. He gave me permission to post it and I think I've been here long enough for most to know I don't post untruths nor have reason to. I have no reason to not believe him either plus the fact is that it only confirms what we've all known for years anyway.

Gabby a loyal local lad you say? Villa fan my arse lol.

You are entitled to your opinion but this is about Gabby and in a topic about Gabby. Hardly what I'd call 'a new low'. Just thought it was funny, a little interesting and worth posting. Plus I had the text sent tonight while we were chatting about the game, I don't see how the timescale is important?

Your unnecessary reaction is over the top. 

Edited by Ingram85

Â