Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I am not sure whether he is finished, or totally rusty.

I see him one game and he isn't winning duals, he isn't outpacing anyone, and he isn't getting involved, then I see other cameos and he looks like a cut above, someone with PL pedigree.

Hindsight, he should have gone on loan, got games, got fit, got match fit and he would be well up to speed.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I am not sure whether he is finished, or totally rusty.

I see him one game and he isn't winning duals, he isn't outpacing anyone, and he isn't getting involved, then I see other cameos and he looks like a cut above, someone with PL pedigree.

Hindsight, he should have gone on loan, got games, got fit, got match fit and he would be well up to speed.

Well this just sums up how selfish & stupid Gaby is.

He know early on RDM wasnt going to play him, even the Dr expressed his displeasure.

He should has moved either to Reading or somewhere on loan

- no bollox about being away from his family - millions if people all over the world have to cope with being away from family. he's loaded and can afford to make arrangements -

It was clear from the outset that we would lose players during Afcon - how much intelligence is needed to realise

1) train back up to fitness

2) get match fitness by playing

3) find a team/level to do well as to gain confidence (if thats a problem)

4) knock so loudly on the door that a loan till Jan would have meant everybody at AVFC begging for him back

But no, me me me

Just a dumb selfish word removed not deserved of a chance

7 hours ago, vreitti said:

Okay.

If you want me to give examples as to why I thought Gabby had a good game then I will, but I feel it's slightly pointless as some, quite rightly, will not be swayed by 45 minutes.

These are some examples as to the improvement he made from the first half. I had no idea they were such offensive terms.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Well this just sums up how selfish & stupid Gaby is.

He know early on RDM wasnt going to play him, even the Dr expressed his displeasure.

He should has moved either to Reading or somewhere on loan

- no bollox about being away from his family - millions if people all over the world have to cope with being away from family. he's loaded and can afford to make arrangements -

It was clear from the outset that we would lose players during Afcon - how much intelligence is needed to realise

1) train back up to fitness

2) get match fitness by playing

3) find a team/level to do well as to gain confidence (if thats a problem)

4) knock so loudly on the door that a loan till Jan would have meant everybody at AVFC begging for him back

But no, me me me

Just a dumb selfish word removed not deserved of a chance

^^^^ This, this this, 1000x this. Then he might have regained a modicum of respect and dignity (Ha!)

But instead he bought an exercise bike and posted a picture of it on Instagram. That's enough, surely. #Legend

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

But instead he bought an exercise bike and posted a picture of it on Instagram. That's enough, surely. #Legend

Yup. surely the instagram regimen is what Bruce has had him on, and ironically now he is playing. ijs.

I'm about to get a phone with a better camera, and exercise bike to see if I too can do only this to be in a Steve Bruce starting Xl

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yup. surely the instagram regimen is what Bruce has had him on, and ironically now he is playing. ijs.

I'm about to get a phone with a better camera, and exercise bike to see if I too can do only this to be in a Steve Bruce starting Xl

Well, you will probably score more goals :-) I'll even come along and cheer you on 

I think we are playing a dangerous game if we are looking to rely on him to score goals. As a body he could do a job, but he has no pace and that was the only thing which got him into areas to score goals, without that he is just a shirt number on the pitch. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We didn’t score a goal for 369 games and Gabby played his part in that of course

How can anyone defend Gabby (or anyone involved in those 369 games, for that matter)?. Truly stunning stat. ;)

• Like 1

Haven't quoted your post above Dave cos it's a big post, but it's pretty much where i am with Gabby too. I don't particularly like the bloke, but do we necessarily have to?  Just do the business for us Gabby and help get us back to where we belong and maybe then some of us may appreciate you again.  Great post and a good read. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Haven't quoted your post above Dave cos it's a big post, but it's pretty much where i am with Gabby too. I don't particularly like the bloke, but do we necessarily have to?  Just do the business for us Gabby and help get us back to where we belong and maybe then some of us may appreciate you again.  Great post and a good read. Thanks.

Exactly. He doesn't have to be the knight in shining armour, or 'Mr Aston Villa', but enemy number one is frankly a bit OTT for me. If he earns my respect back, he will get it. When he's on the pitch, he'll always get my support. 

I've added a few bits and updated the post!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I wasn't, not really. Only in so much as I'd defend Christian Benteke for being involved also. 

Ah. You've edited your post. :-) I was trying to make a joke about the absurdity of a team unable to score even once in 369 games.

Edit: I've re-read your updated post. Cannot disagree with any of that.

Edited by TB
Re-read the updated OP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

At times it did actually seem like 369 games, though!

Oh, yes, certainly. But I still cannot get my head around those numbers. 369 games is certainly worse than 369 hours, but 369 hours of football is still 246 games. Wikipedia claims that the longest goalless run record in English football was 11 games (jointly held by Coventry and Hartlepool).

369 minutes cannot be right, either. That's just four games. And 369 days without goals would see Villa not scoring for more than a year.

I'm stumped. @ dont_do_it_doug. : where did you get those numbers from? Your blog post make sense. But to me, those numbers don't.

Edited by TB

I get where you are coming from Dave. I just don't believe he can or will score goals. We will likely see a good 20 minutes here and there, but that is about all we will see. The sort of form somebody like Kozak is slated for. He doesn't have good movement, he has no pace, he doesn't have a footballing brain - and he is only a good finisher thanks to the fact he used his pace to get that extra second needed to score. He won't have that extra second now. I am not surprised that he had a good cameo against Cardiff, their defence is awful. I think they have only had one clean sheet of recent and it happened to be against us, before that they were leaking stupid goals. There are Cardiff fans in my family who have been talking about their awful defence for months, so I can't take a performance from that game as proof he will lead us well in the upcoming games.

But I hope I am wrong. The only problem is, we've seen this before, time and time again. 

10 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I get where you are coming from Dave. I just don't believe he can or will score goals. We will likely see a good 20 minutes here and there, but that is about all we will see. The sort of form somebody like Kozak is slated for. He doesn't have good movement, he has no pace, he doesn't have a footballing brain - and he is only a good finisher thanks to the fact he used his pace to get that extra second needed to score. He won't have that extra second now. I am not surprised that he had a good cameo against Cardiff, their defence is awful. I think they have only had one clean sheet of recent and it happened to be against us, before that they were leaking stupid goals. There are Cardiff fans in my family who have been talking about their awful defence for months, so I can't take a performance from that game as proof he will lead us well in the upcoming games.

But I hope I am wrong. The only problem is, we've seen this before, time and time again. 

When was the last time kozak had a good twenty minutes. 

His performance against derby was utterly embarrassing. Nothing like the kind of spells Gabby has been showing since coming back into the fold. 

Â