Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

nice flick for the goal in fairness and he does look like he cares again even if a bit overweight.

he is an enigma though, MON got best out of him and Sherwood and Lambert at times did as well. just maybe he doesnt like foreign managerial styles

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

nice flick for the goal in fairness and he does look like he cares again even if a bit overweight.

he is an enigma though, MON got best out of him and Sherwood and Lambert at times did as well. just maybe he doesnt like foreign managerial styles

Oh please- by saying is he an enigma- suggests there is something about him worth persevering with- I'm afraid in my view there isn't 

• Like 2

Totally different playing style to McCormac, I guess he was introduced as fresh legs, and to stretch Blackburn towards the end of the match. McC had picked up a yellow and wasn't having the rub of the green despite his industry.

i wish Bruce would introduce one of our youngsters instead of Gabby, who could as easily stretch opposition and add a surprise, but I fully expect him to use experience at this stage and especially owing to our predicament at this stage. 

• Like 1

His flick was more than just playing a part in the goal. It was an intelligent play, something I never thought I'd see from Gabby again.

I don't agree with bringing him back, but for that moment alone - I was wrong yesterday.

Edited by AVTuco

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Better option than McCormack IMO, he has a lot more pace and puts defences under a lot more pressure, has a role to play this season. 

But couldn't trap a medicine ball from 2 yards IMO

Just now, Dave J said:

But couldn't trap a medicine ball from 2 yards IMO

Very nice touch in the lead up to the goal, if McCormack would have done that some would have been talking up that extra quality in touch he brings LOL.

I'm no big fan of Gabby but at this level he certainly can be a decent player for us, the premium on doing things quickly and having a perfrect touch isn't so high, he will have more time and space, and his speed/strength will cause a lot of problems. 

11 hours ago, dukes said:

I felt McCormack was making things happen for the 10 mins prior to being taken off.

Well regardless Gabby won the ball with a deft little flick that lead to the goal. He played a vital part in us winning a game of football, so who gives a crap what you/I thought beforehand?

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

Won't be long now before he is starting games for us and probably scoring goals. the reception he gets when he does score will be interesting.

To be fair, he has actually been getting a very positive reception from the majority already, it is encouraging to see that fans want to see him do well.

Regardless of what has happened in the past he is a Villa man through and through, so whatever his digressions have been it is hilarious how he is treated by some as if he was Hitlers right hand man.

He is trying ffs, and based on Bruces comments yesterday post match, he certainly rates him!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, he has actually been getting a very positive reception from the majority already, it is encouraging to see that fans want to see him do well.

Regardless of what has happened in the past he is a Villa man through and through, so whatever his digressions have been it is hilarious how he is treated by some as if he was Hitlers right hand man.

He is trying ffs, and based on Bruces comments yesterday post match, he certainly rates him!

JV - I have no words - sorry do you really mean this? Or have I once again fallen victim to another of your winds ups - soon to be followed by one of your many media inserts no doubt?

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

JV - I have no words - sorry do you really mean this? Or have I once again fallen victim to another of your winds ups - soon to be followed by one of your many media inserts no doubt?

Well he has had a positive reception (fans were singing his name ffs - as they did on the first appearance). Bruce went as far as saying "There is no better centre forward in this division when he is at his best" ALTHOUGH EVEN I THINK THAT IS WAAAY OTT). - So he rates him.

He IS a Villa man through and through and fans such as yourself make him seem like the Kim Jong Un of football.

Don't see the delusion.

Thought it was baffling that he got a standing ovation and Westwood got booed on?

I certainly won't be booing him, but I won't be clapping until he proves hes turned it around and I'll be delighted if he does, because it means we'll be doing well as a team and winning games.

• Like 3

As I have said a few times, GA's past behaviour was appalling and at the time I thought he was finished, but I can see a lot of AVFC fans who are slagging him now having to eat their words. McCormack was terrible yesterday and GA could easily take his place and start to scoring again. if he can click again it will be to the benefit of the club. He will always be as thick as two short planks but he scares the living daylights out of Championship players. Even if he only comes off the bench he can and will make a difference.

i think we should just enjoy the run we are on and forget the past. As the song says 'don't look back in anger' - enjoy!

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Thought it was baffling that he got a standing ovation and Westwood got booed on?

I certainly won't be booing him, but I won't be clapping until he proves hes turned it around and I'll be delighted if he does, because it means we'll be doing well as a team and winning games.

I'll be clapping him. I'll be singing his name. Where does my silence get us? How does that benefit the club?

I'm not talking about clapping like a seal oblivious to circumstances, but I'm also not about to cut my nose off to spite my face. His contribution yesterday was crucial and whether some fans want to see that or not is by the by, but the fact is that ALL players, Gabby included, are better with us backing them. Blowing that confidence into them.

Regards both of them, having a moan on a forum or twitter is fine, but I personally won't have this booing shit anymore and I'll continue to make that clear. 

• Like 4

Let us just be clear, said n his entire career Gabby has never been prolific (over 15 goals in any season). I know he has been played wide a lot, but he isn't suddenly going to start scoring goals, and has not looked like dong so in either of his sub appearances.

McCormack is lacking confidence, but has scored 15 league goals in 4 of the last 5 seasons, and also has a football brain and consistently creates chances for others.

i hope I have to eat my words, but Gabby has so far done nothing that says to me he can b a consistent performer for this club, and I personally would rather see us giving game time to more deserving players such as Hepburn-Murphy.

I do of course acknowledge that Gabby made the pass for The goal, I just think he did absolutely nothing apart from that, and is yesterday's man.

• Like 1

Â